Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Dealership experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-10, 06:37 AM
ColdLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dealership experience

I was just re-reading some of my first posts here when we bought the 400h.
Amazing what can happen in a 18 months.
Shortly after we bought the car, the relationship with the Lexus of Edmonton dealer become less than stellar.
The service department has consistently failed to meet their promise of making the Lexus experience even remotely better than any other brand.
I have had great service at Sherwood Park Honda for my S2000, good service at Mayfield Toyota for my former Camry and stellar service at Bavaria BMW for my 740.
I did the first 3 services at Edmonton, but am now driving the 3 hours to Calgary for service. It is worth the drive, on principle.
On the sales side, the salesman who had previously done such a great job absolutely failed in the after sale. We were considering getting another Lexus to replace the BMW, but will likely be getting a 5 series instead.
Sorry for the rant, but wanted to set the record straight in case anyone else is looking for a Lexus in Edmonton.
Old 09-26-10, 07:47 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Well, have fun spending more time stuck on the side of the road when driving the beamer!

jk... But, that dealer experience should not stop you from getting a Lexus. Find another dealership, is it worth it to give up Japanese craftsman-ship for such an un-reliable, hard to repair German car. I'd think not.

Your driveway will be a war zone, one Lexus one BMW. lol
Old 09-27-10, 11:56 AM
prowler97
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is West Palm Beach, Braman BMW and Honda stink and Lexus service is awesome. Go figure. Lucky there are other Honda and BMW dealers near by. I know several Honda and BMW owners who drive an hour out of there way so they don't have to go to Braman...but 3 hours...whoa.
Old 09-27-10, 02:00 PM
ColdLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We already have a battle zone in the driveway - Lexus, Honda and BMW are sharing space.
The BMW has been ultra-reliable for the last 6 years, the Honda even more so. The Lexus isn't out of warranty.
Having to take one car 3 hours for service is almost bearable, we have business down there anyway.
To have 2 cars needing service that far away just won't work.