Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

My 2010 RX450h AWD is on the way. :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-10, 03:28 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2010 RX450h AWD is on the way. :)

Well, I took the plunge and went to the dealership today(Hendrick Lexus, Charlotte, NC). I would highly recommend my salesperson Neal Robbins. He was great to deal with and there was 0 pressure. He went on an approx. 25min test drive with me an explained all the details of the RX to me.

I had mentioned to him that I would prefer to get an RX with the ML audio system, but they did not have any on lot, nor could they locate one from another local area dealer. I don't really want to wait 4 months just for an audio system, so I pulled the trigger on one with the 12 speaker system, and a couple other options I didn't spec out initially with Neal.

Expected delivery should be sometime in mid-July(Hopefully sooner)

Here is the vehicle info/options:

2010 RX450h AWD
Starfire Pearl
Parchment interior

Factory Installed Accessories:

CP - Comfort Package
EK - Radio Premium 12 speaker
GF - Instrument display - Heads Up
IL - Headlamps, LED Adaptive
LL - Luxury Package
NV - Navigation System
PA - Park Assist
TO - Towing Prep package

Port Installed Accessories:

Z1 - Preferred Accessory Package
V4 - Engine Start - Remote Control
V2 - Glass Breakage Sensor

MSRP comes up to $57,925.00
Invoice is $52,035.00

I offered $53,035.00 + tag/tag/doc fees/prep

So got it for total out the door price of $55,094.05

I think I got a good deal, and felt like I was treated excellent the whole afternoon.

Can't wait for it to get here, which brings the next question up.
I have heard that you can track the vehicle from Japan to port to the dealer somewhere, somehow. I have the Vehicle Inquiry Report with vin, vessel name etc. If anyone know how I can do this please let me know.

Thanks, and glad to be back in the Lexus realm after a 4 year absence.
Old 06-18-10, 03:32 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I know the Prius can be tracked. I couldn't do it with my 450h. All I had was a printout confirming the order was placed with scant details

Congrats. Another 450h in the house (almost)!
Old 06-18-10, 03:42 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kitlz
I know the Prius can be tracked. I couldn't do it with my 450h. All I had was a printout confirming the order was placed with scant details

Congrats. Another 450h in the house (almost)!
Thx. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival.
Old 06-18-10, 03:52 PM
spoon808
Rookie

Congrats! cant wait for pics.
Old 06-18-10, 05:30 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats! that is a pretty fast preliminary delivery date if you just ordered it today. Did you happen to ask, or did he mention, when the 2011s are coming out?
Old 06-18-10, 06:30 PM
sleepysurf
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Sounds like your dealer/salesman were on the ball, and didn't play cat and mouse games like mine did. I suggest you start perusing the online owners manual chapters now, while waiting for it to arrive!
Old 06-18-10, 06:36 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXSF
Congrats! that is a pretty fast preliminary delivery date if you just ordered it today. Did you happen to ask, or did he mention, when the 2011s are coming out?
This wasn't a new order(Or I would have gotten the ML audio). It was a model they already had coming to them with similar options/colors that I requested... except for the ML audio of course. So I just put my deposit today to lock it in, and will finish up the deal when it arrives.
Old 06-18-10, 06:44 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sleepysurf
Congrats! Sounds like your dealer/salesman were on the ball, and didn't play cat and mouse games like mine did. I suggest you start perusing the online owners manual chapters now, while waiting for it to arrive!
They treated me well. The initial price they came back with was $58k after tax, tag etc. I simply stated that I would be willing to pay $1000 over invoice, and if they could agree on that price, I would put the deposit down today.

I went to the lexus site and went ahead and registered the vin and am looking at the online manual now... OMG I feel like I am studyiing for a masters degree exam. LOTS of info in there... I think I will be spending 6 hrs in the driveway just trying to familiarize myself with everything it can do.

Definitely excited about it. I have regretted trading in my 99 RX300 since the day I did it, but it had 134,000 miles, and no warranty. Didn't want to risk a major repair bill. That thing still rode like it was brand new too.
My current vehicle(ok.... ill tell what it is... dont laugh) 06 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD was almost too good a deal to pass up(0% interest, invoice price), but I noticed the difference in build quality, soundproofing and everything in general immediately.

Glad to be back with Lexus.

And to anyone in the Charlotte, NC area, you probably already know, but I highly recommend Hendrick Lexus. They serviced my 99' for me and even though i did not buy the vehicle from them, I was treated as if I was a VIP customer each time I was there. Same with my visit today.. nice laid back atmosphere, nice people.
Old 06-19-10, 09:16 AM
Fogcutter
Driver

Very cool. Run the wheels off! Enjoy.
Old 06-21-10, 06:39 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Neat that you got LL and HUD without having to wait for special order
Old 06-21-10, 07:36 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Yeah, and I didn't really want the HUD. I would have preferred to get the ML audio with it instead, but that would have been a 4month wait, and I think the 12 speaker should do just fine for now.
Old 06-21-10, 06:55 PM
oscqc
Rookie

Default Re HUD

You will love the HUD. It has saved me from countless tickets. My 450h is so quiet that my speed can build up without me noticing. With the HUD, my speed is right before my eyes and I have no excuse for exceeding the limit.

Best of luck enjoying your new vehicle.
Old 06-21-10, 09:22 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oscqc
You will love the HUD. It has saved me from countless tickets. My 450h is so quiet that my speed can build up without me noticing. With the HUD, my speed is right before my eyes and I have no excuse for exceeding the limit.

Best of luck enjoying your new vehicle.
Thanks, I can't wait to get in it. Talked to the salesman today, and he found out that it is supposed to arrive in Florida on July 3rd. Then about 5-6 days after that to get to Charlotte. Hopefully I'll be able to drive it around by the 10th.

Old 07-09-10, 10:59 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Well, got a call today letting me know my 450 is finally at the dealership. They are doing the clearmask, and window tint and I will be picking it up this afternoon. I will post pics of it here when I get a chance.

Old 07-09-10, 01:10 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
Well, got a call today letting me know my 450 is finally at the dealership. They are doing the clearmask, and window tint and I will be picking it up this afternoon. I will post pics of it here when I get a chance.

I know how you're feeling, it's hard not to be excited after waiting .

If they do a proper delivery, their head (h) tech will tell you a little about it and volunteer to load your cell contacts into the NAV system. And if you know your pre-set preferences, he'll take care of that too. My pre-delivery took nearly two hours.

With all of the new features it will be hard not to fiddle with them while driving home but try to spend some time in it and get familiar before 'tweaking' while driving .

Good luck

Quick Reply: My 2010 RX450h AWD is on the way. :)