Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Contacting Lexus Corporate

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-10, 01:41 PM
MJMeucci
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacting Lexus Corporate

I have been struggling with my dealer trying to get my nav updated to version 9.1 as I am having a lot of trouble with connecting my iPod to the car. I have exhausted a number of options, including getting a new iPod that was on the "compatible" list, but at least 3-4 times a week I will be listening to a song and then an error will display about not being able to connect to the iPod.

Lexus suggested that I buy a new iPod, so I did, then they claimed that the USB cable I was using wasn't correct, so I bought one from the dealer - nothing has helped. At this point I think that it is a software problem, I have had no problems with the iPod connection in my other lexus vehicles but my dealer states that the system is working as designed.

I have read that the new nav version is better with the iPod connection so I wanted to see if the upgrade would help before pursuing other options (ie, pushing for a nav replacement) but my dealer is being less than cooperative. I was hoping I could contact Lexus corporate and they could authorize the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-10, 07:19 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I will not be able to provide you any advice in this matter, as I have been unable to contact anyone at Lexus that seems to understand the problems you and I are having. Rest assured there are members in Club Lexus who do not have our problems. The difference seems to be a matter of months in the manufacturing process. I believe I have the most recent nav version, but I have your problems. That seems, at least to me, to be indicate a firmware or hardware difference.

I climbed as high as high as I could even forcing, yes forcing, the person on the phone to take down the web addresses of discussions of the problem and also YouTube movies demonstrating the problem. They indicated they would contact my local dealer. Yeah right, didn't happen.

If someone can point me in the direction of an email address or new phone number to try, I'll try it.

Good luck to you.
Old 05-31-10, 11:39 AM
nyranger74
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen worse customer support before. For a luxury brand its shameful. I too wanted to have my firmwire and map version updated since I got the first build and its like pulling teeth. It's really not that complicated, just takes some effort, but they do not want to be bothered. I was told by a technician that there is no reason to get the map update unless you live in Canada. This same technician also told me 21 mpg is good gas mileage for the hybrid. Yeah, Im going to take his word.