Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

whats your mpg on RX450h?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 01:10 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm not exactly complaining, rayaans. My 330 used to get maybe 15-16 MPG on average. Anything that starts with a 2 in front is a bonus
Old 08-12-15, 05:38 AM
snowman22
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Nice mileage there, snowman22. Keep it up. I'm around 28 MPG after filling up with premium three days ago. Stupid hills
I'm from Western NY. Pretty much flat north of Buffalo.
Old 08-12-15, 07:57 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I just surpassed 27 mpg. It's a minor increase, but an increase nonetheless!

I just drove back from the airport (30 miles, 4 passengers, bunch of luggage) in bumper-to-bumper traffic going no more than 25 mph. Who would have thought my mpg would actually go up. Hooray for hybrid! Of course being a hybrid, my mpg was actually lower getting to the airport since there was no traffic.
Old 08-12-15, 08:42 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Henry, I had that happen too. I was like how the heck can mileage go up sitting in traffic. And I had the AC blasting. I just looked at the cars around me and smiled
Old 08-13-15, 04:49 AM
snowman22
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by GSteg
I just surpassed 27 mpg. It's a minor increase, but an increase nonetheless!

I just drove back from the airport (30 miles, 4 passengers, bunch of luggage) in bumper-to-bumper traffic going no more than 25 mph. Who would have thought my mpg would actually go up. Hooray for hybrid! Of course being a hybrid, my mpg was actually lower getting to the airport since there was no traffic.
In all honesty the hybrid shines in this driving experience. As you understand 25 or under propels
You by electric only-- when using a light foot touch-- continue driving in this mode would push mpg to mind blowing numbers. Smile--- darn right. I think we all take a bit of flack from non hybrid believers.
Old 08-15-15, 05:14 PM
danais7
Rookie

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Averaging 32 mpg, a combination of city (80%) and highway. Am grateful for the mileage, quiet ride and comfortable ride too. First time Lexus owner and i enjoy driving the 450h very much. Also greatly appreciate everyone's thoughtful comments-suggestions very much. Thank you all.
Old 08-16-15, 06:19 PM
vganesh27
Driver School Candidate

Default Pre-owned vs New Lexus

Dear Lexus Lovers
I am just about to purchase a 2015 Lexus RX450h. But I am torn between getting a pre-owned (with less than 15k miles) from the dealer vs getting a new one. Looks like I can save about 10k or so. The pre-owned car was used as a car given to lexus owners who left their other car for service overnight.
Paying 57k (with tax, we are looking at 62k) seems a little too steep for my dream car. Do you see any risks with a pre-owned car.
Also, FWD vs AWD, if I am going for just one trip up the mountain per annum, is AWD really worth it? I see most pre-owned being AWD, is there an issue with it? Also, does AWD reduce your mileage by 2 MPH? I am leaning towards a FWD. Appreciate your thoughts.
Old 08-16-15, 07:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

I bought mine pre-owned and it's been great so far. I chose FWD over AWD because I only hit the mountain once a year, if that. 2mpg adds up in the long run so the AWD didn't make sense to me. Honestly if you're not in a rush, I would wait until the 4RX comes out (Fall 2015?). You'll find more discounts on 2015 models and it may be worth getting it brand new so the $10k difference may actually be a lot less.
Old 08-16-15, 11:24 PM
vganesh27
Driver School Candidate

I bought mine pre-owned and it's been great so far. I chose FWD over AWD because I only hit the mountain once a year, if that. 2mpg adds up in the long run so the AWD didn't make sense to me. Honestly if you're not in a rush, I would wait until the 4RX comes out (Fall 2015?). You'll find more discounts on 2015 models and it may be worth getting it brand new so the $10k difference may actually be a lot less.
Thank you Henry for sharing your experience. It looks like the 2016 will come out in November- seems a far cry just as I decided to purchase now It looks a lot sportier but I would be getting a new installment (felt it is always better to wait for a while until they iron out the kinks, but Lexus may be perfect to start with- haven't owned one- so no idea)
Old 08-17-15, 04:56 AM
snowman22
Rookie

True no brainier for me-- living in Buffalo four wheel is a must. I would not think you would need or want awd. There is a couple mpg difference. Your price point seems really high for this time of year. I did't pay that for mine-fully loaded-- back in March. Chech around a bit I'm sure you will find a better deal. Our only Lexus dealer in Buffalo was not willing to deal. I drove 40 miles to Rochester and got the deal I wanted with no trouble at all. So it pays to chech other dealers out. As far as the 2016 model-- two things-- if you want edgy its for you. If you want true beautiful lines and jaw dropping appeal stick with the 2015. Look at the NX. It will almost mirror the new RX. In my eye it does not match up to the current quality Lexus. They have cheapened the product. But-- that's my thought-- you could very well love it.
Old 08-17-15, 06:41 AM
vganesh27
Driver School Candidate

Default New vs preowned rx450h

Originally Posted by snowman22
True no brainier for me-- living in Buffalo four wheel is a must. I would not think you would need or want awd. There is a couple mpg difference. Your price point seems really high for this time of year. I did't pay that for mine-fully loaded-- back in March. Chech around a bit I'm sure you will find a better deal. Our only Lexus dealer in Buffalo was not willing to deal. I drove 40 miles to Rochester and got the deal I wanted with no trouble at all. So it pays to chech other dealers out. As far as the 2016 model-- two things-- if you want edgy its for you. If you want true beautiful lines and jaw dropping appeal stick with the 2015. Look at the NX. It will almost mirror the new RX. In my eye it does not match up to the current quality Lexus. They have cheapened the product. But-- that's my thought-- you could very well love it.
Thanks Snowman- I live in the SF southbay, looks like FWD is a good call
For the price, I was told that the comfort, premium, navi are built in for the 450h, taking the price to 56k. The only thing I can leave is the sport appearance (1100$). I went to the dealer only once. Sure, will do some comp. the 2nd time when ready to purchase. The 2016 looks like just a bigger NX-you're right- too edgy ( for me).
Any thoughts on loaner cars and their upkeep as it may be driven by several drivers but miles are low ( 10k). Do you all feel blind spot monitoring is useful?
Old 08-17-15, 12:19 PM
snowman22
Rookie

Originally Posted by vganesh27
For the price, I was told that the comfort, premium, navi are built in for the 450h, taking the price to 56k. The only thing I can leave is the sport appearance (1100$). I went to the dealer only once. Sure, will do some comp. the 2nd time when ready to purchase. The 2016 looks like just a bigger NX-you're right- too edgy ( for me).
Any thoughts on loaner cars and their upkeep as it may be driven by several drivers but miles are low ( 10k). Do you all feel blind spot monitoring is useful?
As long as they have the color and interior you want -- why not--- its backed by Lexus and you can bet it will look an smell just like new. Never had blind spot monitor system before but I will never get another car without it. It is invaluable. From what I was told last year when I inquired about buying a loaner--- they stated--- Lexus does not sell loaners. They go back to Lexus. So this would be a new program they are following. Something in the Lexus culture is changing. I almost think not for the better.
Don't get me wrong-- I truly love my 450h. I just don't understand where they are headed with their new designs.
Old 08-17-15, 12:29 PM
GSteg
Rookie

I would be okay with buying an RX loaner as long as it was taken care of. It's not the type of vehicle to be driven aggressively. Now buying a loaner Lexus IS on the other hand, who knows how many people have tried testing the sporty nature of the car.
Old 08-20-15, 04:44 AM
snowman22
Rookie

Originally Posted by vganesh27
One other thing--- you can buy a bare bones 450h. If they told you otherwise-- they are not telling you the truth and I would go elsewhere. When I bought mine they had a white 450h without Nav. And all the other bells and whistles. Good luck.
Old 09-04-15, 11:28 PM
dragon6473
Driver School Candidate

Default gas mileage average 23-24, after refueling 25

I have it on Eco mode and I don't drive crazy. The most 8 miles per day I drive. How in the world you guys get 30 or more?? I cannot seem to get even pass 26! tires pressure? dealer had them set up at 39 and 40psi. could that be it? thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: whats your mpg on RX450h?