Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Thinking about buying a 2007. What do I need to know?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 09:20 AM
Grip
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying a 2007. What do I need to know?

Like the title states, I'm selling my 2005 GTO and considering picking up a 2007 GS450h.

What are the pros and cons on this car?

Anything I should look for?
Old 03-10-10, 04:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Grip
Like the title states, I'm selling my 2005 GTO and considering picking up a 2007 GS450h.

pros:
- V8 power with a V6 engine
- great hybrid power means nearly instant torque
- somewhat rare, due to lower production volume (so you won't see a lot of people with your car)
- most mods from the GS350 fits the GS450h

cons:
- not quite exactly a true hybrid in terms of fuel efficiency (compared to say a toyota prius)
Old 03-11-10, 03:52 AM
stefanati
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
pros:
- V8 power with a V6 engine
- great hybrid power means nearly instant torque
- somewhat rare, due to lower production volume (so you won't see a lot of people with your car)
- most mods from the GS350 fits the GS450h

cons:
- not quite exactly a true hybrid in terms of fuel efficiency (compared to say a toyota prius)
I love my car, you cannot do a bad decision with it.

The fuel efficiency is great I think. I don't compare it to a Prius... It is faster than my brother's Audi A8 4.2, but only needs half of the fuel amount that the Audi needs..... I think it's great!!!!!!!

Last edited by stefanati; 03-11-10 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-11-10, 09:05 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stefanati
I love my car, you cannot do a bad decision with it.

The fuel efficiency is great I think. I don't compare it to a Prius... It is faster than my brother's Audi A8 4.2, but only needs of the fuel amount that the Audi needs..... I think it's great!!!!!!!
i agree, but when some people think about hybrid, they automatically think it will get prius-like gas mileage. my point was that it doesn't. but you are right, the fuel efficiency is very good considering its class; i used to drive an acura TL, and i had to fill up the tank approximately twice a month. now with my GS450h, i fill up once a month. it's great!
Old 03-13-10, 09:46 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Grip

Welcome...Early models used the previous black onyx and then they moved to the new Obsedien paint code. Both are black.

Look for runflats and if they don't have them, look for the spare tire and make sure its there.

Make sure the rear tires have even tire wear (look at the insides)

Most will have NAV, some will have the Mark Levinson system. LAter models can have the 3k active sway bar option. REally makes the car sportier in corners. You lose the spare.

Its a low maintenance car even with the hybrid powertrain.

TSBs include the shaky rearview mirror, sometimes for whatever reason a headlight goes out and you have to turn the lights on off and sometimes the rear view mirros don't tilt in reverse. Minor issues if your car has them.

This is my 3rd GS and first hybrid. I also checked out the GTO a long time ago (was getting employee pricing) and was a fan of it.

Amazingly if your 05 GTO is not modded the GS is as fast What is more amazing is the you will gain 7 MPG in the city and 5 MPG overall.

Wear and tear seems to be better on this car than the last model. Over time the interior holds up very well.