Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

its finally here!

Old 03-03-10, 11:54 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadu
looks good and unique color choice
thank you~ this white is pretty special, it does change its color tone under different lighting.

i got a question for the 450h owners out there, does this car's ac turns on by itself? i noticed there is cold air blowing out the vents whenever i turn the car on, even without pressing the auto button on dash.
i assume it was just fan w/ air from outside but its 70 degrees here today & it still blows cold air. I flipped through manual but couldn't find any relevant information...maybe i didn't look hard enough.
Old 03-03-10, 12:26 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

I think the AC is on all the time, unless you turn it off yourself. Same in my '03 Audi w/auto controls. This will reduces mold in the car, as least that's what I been told.
Old 03-03-10, 05:19 PM
oscqc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/c

I agree. The a/c in my 2010 RX 450h is on all the time. If you find it too cold, just adjust the auto temperature.
Old 03-03-10, 06:01 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

A/C on is default setting per manual. It is a customizable feature that you can turn off through nav menu screen, setup, vehicle, vehicle customization. A/C is also default on for defogging windows and can be switched off on this screen too. Customizable features are in the owner's manual but the menu screens are in the less voluminous nav system owner's manual.
Old 03-03-10, 08:51 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
Hal56, there is a gap above the headlight, not so much below. Don't like it but what else can you do. Here's a picture of mine.

Anita: I just checked the car--it is like yours--gap at top--very small gap at bottom.

At least now I know mine is no different. When I wax the car soon I will look at everything.
Old 03-04-10, 07:29 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wyau01
I think the AC is on all the time, unless you turn it off yourself. Same in my '03 Audi w/auto controls. This will reduces mold in the car, as least that's what I been told.
i see, that makes sense~

Originally Posted by oscqc
I agree. The a/c in my 2010 RX 450h is on all the time. If you find it too cold, just adjust the auto temperature.
yea, i was really surprised to see it blew cold air yet didnt hear the ac compressor running~

Originally Posted by kitlz
A/C on is default setting per manual. It is a customizable feature that you can turn off through nav menu screen, setup, vehicle, vehicle customization. A/C is also default on for defogging windows and can be switched off on this screen too. Customizable features are in the owner's manual but the menu screens are in the less voluminous nav system owner's manual.
haha, you got it right on~ i was flipping through the 'fat' manual....should've thought of the nav manual..doh!

Originally Posted by Hal56
Car looks great.

I have a question for all. I have the LED's.

Wife's car so it is not here.

I think we have a small gap below the headlight housings both sides-basically enuf to stick a finger into and its pretty even left to right.

Is this normal?
Originally Posted by Hal56
Anita: I just checked the car--it is like yours--gap at top--very small gap at bottom.

At least now I know mine is no different. When I wax the car soon I will look at everything.
i dont have led & i have a gap too, i guess its just part of the design
Old 03-04-10, 08:58 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

i was just surfing in taiwan's lexus homepage and discovered the rx450h in taiwan has panoramic moon roof & theres a guide line on the back up camera as well, i wonder why we dont have those features in the states....

Last edited by kyo7878; 03-04-10 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-04-10, 11:37 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the guidelines in my Audi A6 and once you have them you really don't want to be without them. For me, they were a major item in my decision to go with the new Cadillac SRX versus the RX-350. However, I eventually went with the 450h and don't regret it.
Old 03-04-10, 01:24 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wa3cuj
I have the guidelines in my Audi A6 and once you have them you really don't want to be without them. For me, they were a major item in my decision to go with the new Cadillac SRX versus the RX-350. However, I eventually went with the 450h and don't regret it.
yea, i agree with you. theres guide lines on my g37's back up screen & it helps a lot. i was just a little surprised to see they didn't include this for the US owners, no biggie..hopefully it can be added in future software update~
Old 03-04-10, 03:06 PM
oscqc
Rookie

Default Lexus vs. Audi

We don't get them in the 450h sold in Canada, either. I also had the back-up line guides in my Audi and I miss them. Audi could also teach Lexus a lot about Navigation systems, as well. I think that the Lexus Nav sucks. I have only had my 450h for 5 weeks and 1500km but I would gladly trade it for my old Audi A8. I can only hope it will grow on me.
Old 03-04-10, 04:13 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oscqc
We don't get them in the 450h sold in Canada, either. I also had the back-up line guides in my Audi and I miss them. Audi could also teach Lexus a lot about Navigation systems, as well. I think that the Lexus Nav sucks. I have only had my 450h for 5 weeks and 1500km but I would gladly trade it for my old Audi A8. I can only hope it will grow on me.
I believe Denso Corp makes the navigation system for toyota/lexus/mazda/possibly ford too, maybe this is the reason why the navigation on lexus isn't as good...since its not really designed solely for the lexus/luxury segment.

I have not played my nav yet, but have read many complaints online already...

just my 2 cents
Old 03-04-10, 05:03 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Microsoft does Ford's stuff, 'SYNC'
GM uses Denso.

And what about air suspension, they have that in Japan.
Old 03-05-10, 06:33 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wyau01
Microsoft does Ford's stuff, 'SYNC'
GM uses Denso.

And what about air suspension, they have that in Japan.
dont mind having that here too~
Old 03-12-10, 04:45 AM
HollyK
Driver School Candidate

Aurora White Pearl is the color I think I want, but so hard to find in my area.
(Delaware) In fact, my dealer says they have never seen one. So before I have them get one for me, sight unseen, do you REALLY like the color? How does it go with the grey interior? The grey color interior was much lighter than I thought it would be (they did have a silver RX with the grey in stock).
Your photos appear much whiter than I thought the color would look in real life. We took the large color swatch and walked around the lot comparing it to other colors and it looked like it would appear as a different looking silver.
Old 03-12-10, 07:00 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HollyK
Aurora White Pearl is the color I think I want, but so hard to find in my area.
(Delaware) In fact, my dealer says they have never seen one. So before I have them get one for me, sight unseen, do you REALLY like the color? How does it go with the grey interior?
well, according to my dealer this color doesn't roll off the assembly line that often. my sales agent showed me the total production # of aurora whites for Jan & it was like 10 or 13..can't remember the exact #. my car took 4 weeks to arrive from Japan but it was worth the wait.

The grey color interior was much lighter than I thought it would be (they did have a silver RX with the grey in stock).
I personally wanted a white/gray combination. the gray interior color was identical to my previous acura & i feel it doesn't get dirty easily.

Your photos appear much whiter than I thought the color would look in real life. We took the large color swatch and walked around the lot comparing it to other colors and it looked like it would appear as a different looking silver.
thats the beauty of aurora white~ whiter than white hehehe
the color varies slightly under different weather condition. it would appear more like a white/light blue under a bright sunny day or can appear more like a bright white silverish color under cloudy day.

hope this helps~

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: its finally here!