Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

My first time :D Battery was completely full

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 09:57 AM
LexFather

Talking My first time :D Battery was completely full

I have read about a couple fellow 450h owners saying that they have seen a full battery but in nearly a year I have yet to see it. I never could get that last bar to fill up.

Last night while following a friend who was driving slowly down a hilly road I happened to check my information screen when I was at a light at the bottom of a hill. To my surprise, THE BATTERY WAS FULL!!

So of course I tried to take a pic but someone was behind me and the light changed. The silly iPhone took forever for the camera to boot up and just when I snap the pic, I lose the bar as I was driving back up hill.

Thought I would share. I could not get it back full the rest of the night and boy was I trying.
Old 01-18-10, 10:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahaha that coming from a lead heavy footer like you, mike, hats off to you! j/k
Old 01-18-10, 12:46 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yup, same here too. only got the full battery bar (all bars light green) a few times. it's so easy to lose a bar or two and go back down to blue bars.
Old 01-18-10, 01:38 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! It is such a happy feeling seeing all of that green. One time though, I got my battery all the way full at it would skip regeneration while braking. It felt so weird not seeing the blue arrows and the brakes are very different when they are solely friction based.
Old 01-18-10, 02:09 PM
stefanati
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happened to me only two times! Both was the end of a highway, when from almost full I was rolling from a high speed to stop at the end of the highway!!

Nice feeling though!!!!
Old 01-18-10, 02:14 PM
stefanati
Rookie

My happiness for today was the best ever average fuel consumption for a half an hour drive....

6l/100km
Attached Thumbnails My first time :D Battery was completely full-photo-12.jpg  
Old 01-18-10, 06:04 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! Nice screen. At first I was thinking how aggressively you must've been driving. But then I realized it was in L/100Km. In MPG, our good graphs are full...lol
Old 01-18-10, 07:27 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Wow, I thought that this was a common occurence.
Old 01-18-10, 07:48 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
it's usually at or near full for the RX hybrids (which is what you are probably accustomed to, since you have a RX400h in your stable). but for some reason the GS hybrid system tends to gulp battery power like a camel to water.
Old 01-19-10, 05:39 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
it's usually at or near full for the RX hybrids (which is what you are probably accustomed to, since you have a RX400h in your stable). but for some reason the GS hybrid system tends to gulp battery power like a camel to water.
Interestings. Perhaps the demographic also plays a part. Lots of hills and mountains where I live.

What does the GS do on the highway? I'm curious. Our RX usually hangs in the middle, unless you get into traffic of course.
Old 01-19-10, 06:12 AM
stefanati
Rookie

What does the GS do on the highway? I'm curious. Our RX usually hangs in the middle, unless you get into traffic of course.
I cannot tell! I'm usually flooring it when on the highway and consumption is not the best over 200 kmh....
Old 01-19-10, 06:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha that coming from a lead heavy footer like you, mike, hats off to you! j/k
You know me well . My MPG has decreased as this car is just too damn fun.

Originally Posted by lucasb7
Nice! It is such a happy feeling seeing all of that green. One time though, I got my battery all the way full at it would skip regeneration while braking. It felt so weird not seeing the blue arrows and the brakes are very different when they are solely friction based.
Good points.

Well the system is designed so it really is never empty or full. Not common to see it full for whatever reasons.

Originally Posted by stefanati
My happiness for today was the best ever average fuel consumption for a half an hour drive....

6l/100km
Nice, thanks for sharing!
Old 01-19-10, 09:06 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Interestings. Perhaps the demographic also plays a part. Lots of hills and mountains where I live.

on highways, my GS usually is at the blue bars when cruising.

interesting you mentioned your RX400h hangs in the middle until you get into traffic...with my RX450h, it's has always been at 95% full (or near full) all the time, regardless of city or highway driving. even bumper to bumper traffic crawling along, i don't see my RX450h traction battery moving much.
Old 01-19-10, 12:22 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

interesting you mentioned your RX400h hangs in the middle until you get into traffic...with my RX450h, it's has always been at 95% full (or near full) all the time, regardless of city or highway driving. even bumper to bumper traffic crawling along, i don't see my RX450h traction battery moving much.
I think that I've only ever seen it down in the purple maybe twice.
Old 01-20-10, 11:15 AM
LexFather

I got the brochures!!! THanks...will e-mail

Quick Reply: My first time :D Battery was completely full