Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX 450h Nav version

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09, 02:54 PM
rogelio
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX 450h Nav version

How do I find the nav version on the 10RX450? What is the latest version?
Old 11-02-09, 03:32 PM
jay_man2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The latest version is 9.1, which was released in the last few weeks. The version information is under Setup, NAVI, I believe.
Old 11-03-09, 12:25 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

I have a 2010 RX 350 and version 8.1 is installed. I called Lexus and was offered the upgrade to 9.1 at no charge.

When I arrived at the dealer, the tech told me that the update was pulled for Hard Drive navigation models because the software is too big for the default partition on the drive. He told me an update would be available soon.

Has anyone with an RX350 gotten 9.1 yet?
Old 11-03-09, 12:47 PM
jay_man2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krypttic
I have a 2010 RX 350 and version 8.1 is installed. I called Lexus and was offered the upgrade to 9.1 at no charge.

When I arrived at the dealer, the tech told me that the update was pulled for Hard Drive navigation models because the software is too big for the default partition on the drive. He told me an update would be available soon.

Mine was a September build that I bought October 10, and it had 9.1 already on it.
Old 11-03-09, 02:06 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I just talked to Lexus too. He put me into his computer to be authorized for an upgrade at the dealership. He seemed to think they might be able to do it now either by DVD or through the USB port. He also said it was entirely map and nothing else.

I might try to do it on Friday.
Old 11-03-09, 08:26 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruiter
I just talked to Lexus too. He put me into his computer to be authorized for an upgrade at the dealership. He seemed to think they might be able to do it now either by DVD or through the USB port. He also said it was entirely map and nothing else.

I might try to do it on Friday.
Does your vehicle have a DVD drive? If not, it needs to be updated via the hard drive. I still have not received notification that they can update the hard drive based systems at this time due to the partition size.
Old 11-04-09, 07:42 AM
Cruiter

Does your vehicle have a DVD drive? If not, it needs to be updated via the hard drive. I still have not received notification that they can update the hard drive based systems at this time due to the partition size.
I have an appointment for the 9.1 upgrade Friday morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-04-09, 08:25 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an appointment for the 9.1 upgrade Friday morning. I'll let you know how it goes.
Cruiter, when you said you called "Lexus", do you mean the dealer or the Lexus customer service? Do you have the number? Keep us posted on free upgrade.
Old 11-04-09, 10:50 AM
krypttic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sightdev
Cruiter, when you said you called "Lexus", do you mean the dealer or the Lexus customer service? Do you have the number? Keep us posted on free upgrade.
I called Lexus customer service and explained that I think a brand new vehicle should come with the latest software. He agreed and noted in the computer that I could go to any Lexus dealer to get it done.

To this day though, I am still being told that they can't update the HDD navigation systems. I have an RX350 (not the 450), but I think they share the same Nav system.
Old 11-05-09, 05:00 AM
ebarron
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know what's in the new version?

I got my 450h in septemeber, and its always been pretty wonky working with my iphone. That and the nav itself could use a bit of tweeking. I dont really have any problem with the maps however.
Old 11-05-09, 05:34 AM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by ebarron
Does anyone know what's in the new version?

I got my 450h in septemeber, and its always been pretty wonky working with my iphone. That and the nav itself could use a bit of tweeking. I dont really have any problem with the maps however.
I'll find out tomorrow if they're able to install it. The Lexus Corp rep on the phone said to the best of his knowledge, it was just the 9.1 'map' update.

I'll post the results one way or the other late tomorrow.
Old 11-05-09, 09:10 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

I'll find out tomorrow if they're able to install it. The Lexus Corp rep on the phone said to the best of his knowledge, it was just the 9.1 'map' update.

I'll post the results one way or the other late tomorrow.
I'm eagerly awaiting your reply. I was told AGAIN today that 9.1 wasn't ready yet for the Hard Drive Nav units.
Old 11-06-09, 05:42 AM
Cruiter

Default 9.1 Nav update

Sad to say it won't happen today. My dealer called me back late yesterday. They have the 9.1 in stock for some cars but not the RX yet and there 'IS' some confusion they're working through. Whether or not it's a disk or flash memory. And they still don't have the part numbers for this car.

From what my contact at Corp said, I think it's flash memory and can be done via the USB port. But they'll still need to get the disk/memory stick/or whatever in stock before they can do it. I'll try to get a hold of my contact today and see if 'HE' can give me a part number to give to my parts dept (I need a commission for this) so they can order the part.

Frustrating but it's something new so... At any rate, I think if you want to pay the fee, you can get it from your car using the NAV system and d/l it that way. Someone with deep pockets should give it a try
Old 11-06-09, 08:09 AM
Cruiter

Default 9.1 Nav Update #2

I called Lexus Corp re: the part number and they just returned my call. The actual 'upgrade' release won't be out until at least the end of the month, possibly an extra week or so after that. Until then, there won't be a part number. But they did assure me I was in their computer for a free upgrade. And they just said to stay in touch with my dealers parts dept.

I asked the additional question re: NAV directions playing over the radio sound VS cutting the volume off as in making a phone call. His comment was they were aware of it, the engineers are working to see if a fix can be made to existing models. He seemed to think without committing that it's a forthcoming fix for us.

So I'm a happy camper, haven't gotten lost yet and just standing by for the upgrade.

Last edited by Cruiter; 11-06-09 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-06-09, 09:58 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Jim, good to know on both parts. I'm hoping my 450h will have the update since it is being built this month. And the nav voice override is definitely needed. I wonder why they changed it from 2nd gen.

Quick Reply: RX 450h Nav version