Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Chariot of the Gods-Lexus RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-09, 06:20 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far, the roof rails seem the standard on all the RX10. Am I right? Does anyone get RX10 without the roof rails?

Is it possible that your dealer remove it??
Old 06-20-09, 08:04 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

i thought roof rails were optional, but i think it looks better with them. totally removable
Old 06-21-09, 03:54 AM
art123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, my dealer did not have the vehicle long enough to remove them. In my zip code it is listed as optional equipment if I'm reading this correctly:

ACCESSORIES
All-weather floor mats ***
All-weather cargo mat ***
Ashtray ***
Car cover ***
Carpet cargo mat ***
Cargo net – envelope ***
Roof rack CrossBars [18] ***
Premium carpet floor mats ***
Roof rack attachment – bike rack [18] [12] ***
Roof rack attachment – ski/snowboard rack [18] [12] ***
Remote engine starter ***
Glass-breakage sensor ***
Towing equipment - ball mount [19] ***
Towing equipment - trailer ball [19] ***
Towing equipment - tow-hitch receiver [19] ***
Wheel locks ***
Window sticker – Lexus Hybrid Drive ***
Wireless headphones ***
First aid kit ***
Old 06-21-09, 05:05 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by art123
No, my dealer did not have the vehicle long enough to remove them. In my zip code it is listed as optional equipment if I'm reading this correctly:

ACCESSORIES
All-weather floor mats ***
All-weather cargo mat ***
Ashtray ***
Car cover ***
Carpet cargo mat ***
Cargo net – envelope ***
Roof rack CrossBars [18] ***
Premium carpet floor mats ***
Roof rack attachment – bike rack [18] [12] ***
Roof rack attachment – ski/snowboard rack [18] [12] ***
Remote engine starter ***
Glass-breakage sensor ***
Towing equipment - ball mount [19] ***
Towing equipment - trailer ball [19] ***
Towing equipment - tow-hitch receiver [19] ***
Wheel locks ***
Window sticker – Lexus Hybrid Drive ***
Wireless headphones ***
First aid kit ***
Yes, crossbars, bike rack, and snowboard rack would be optional, but the rails according to everything I've read are standard. So if it shipped w/o them, wouldn't the dealer be obligated to install them? At least I see it that way.

Everything above you listed is optional. What about the standard equipment?
Old 06-21-09, 06:10 AM
art123
Driver School Candidate

rails were not listed as standard equiment
Old 06-21-09, 07:04 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

if you are not going to use the roof rack-why even have them? The air flow could create wind noise and in addition reduce mileage?
Old 06-21-09, 10:50 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

This is weird. I didn't really pay attention to this rail thing, but I used to remember I haven't seen any RX10 without the rail.

My Lexus RX brochure lists "roof rails" as the standard luxury features, PAGE 46. But, this rail item isn't shown on my window sticker and the dealer's car report.
Old 06-22-09, 07:11 PM
ultra63
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealer gave me no discount.

He was so dishonest, or rather his firm Autonation is so dishonest, they tried to charge me sales tax on value of my trade in. My wife had to throw a screaming fit to get that removed. I'm filing charges witht he state of Florida for an attempt to illegally collect sales tax.

I'm a Costco member and he is a Costco dealer but I got no Costco discount. I'll complain to Costco.

It was his first one. A second one is due in a day or two. Another dealer contacted me today with another one.

The interior is grey.
It is outrageous that both Lexus dealers in Tampa Bay belong to Autonation. The Amex site said that the JAX dealer would sell at $1500 over invoice so it would be worth the drive there though no car dealer is above trickery.
Old 06-24-09, 08:05 AM
jjl12
Rookie

The interior is the immaculate conception. The exterior is almost as stunning. Bentley has been shamed. Rolls Royce has been shown up for the sham they are. When I ordered this vehicle I had no idea what I was getting into. I traded a 2008 RX400h thinking I was getting a very similar but updated vehicle. I did not expect a flawless interior that should be in the Guggenheim Museum. Little did I know it was a looker. It was like picking up what I thought was a dowry girl and undressing her only to fine excitement beyond belief. i'm driving Zeus' chariot.
So, do you like your car? lol. Question - is your interior some sort of special order? i don't see that two tone option available as standard. thanks.
Old 06-24-09, 05:57 PM
art123
Driver School Candidate

I love the car. It far exceeds my expectations. I was expecting a reworked 2008 400h but got far more. It is indeed a Chariot of the Gods.

I did not order my vehicle. I took the first one off the boat. The interior is the standard light grey. All the light grey interiors look like mine. I received a spec sheet on the vehicle June 9 and took delivery June 17.

I first saw the 2010 RX 450h & 350 test mules in Miami in January. I was not allowed to drive them but was allowed to sit in them and operate the controls, play the radio, test the navigation system, adjust seats & mirrors, open the doors, open the hood, open the boot, and do whatever as long as the vehicle did not move. I was able to talk with and discuss the vehicles with people from Lexus. There were no time constraints. Any doubt I had about buying was removed at that point. The finished vehicle is not anything like the test mules. It is like comparing a Rolls to a Chevy. There have been major improvements in the past 5 months.
Old 06-24-09, 06:31 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

...I did not order my vehicle. I took the first one off the boat. ...
I mentioned these words to my friend who's waiting for his 450h... he's dumbstruck...
Old 07-12-09, 07:02 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the RX 450h, color looks great, enjoy it , I want one!
Old 07-12-09, 04:10 PM
art123
Driver School Candidate

thank you very much
Old 08-08-09, 09:33 PM
surteco
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rxets
This is weird. I didn't really pay attention to this rail thing, but I used to remember I haven't seen any RX10 without the rail.

My Lexus RX brochure lists "roof rails" as the standard luxury features, PAGE 46. But, this rail item isn't shown on my window sticker and the dealer's car report.
If the rails come standard, can they be removed? if so is there a cover over the attach points? I think it looks better without the rails.
Old 08-14-09, 06:47 PM
art123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by surteco
If the rails come standard, can they be removed? if so is there a cover over the attach points? I think it looks better without the rails.
Mine came without rails. There is a plastic piece on either side running from front to back in the rail slot with a front and back plastic piece that could be removed to attach rails.

Quick Reply: Chariot of the Gods-Lexus RX450h