Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX450 Hybrid- whe is is coming...or is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-09, 03:28 PM
JDM1114
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RX450 Hybrid- whe is is coming...or is it?

So.. I keep checking and asking at my dealer and nobody seems to know for sure when we will see the new RX450 hybrids.. I extended the lease on my RX 400 for 6 months in order to be ready to get the new version but I am starting to think it might not be worth the wait... extended lease is up May 31 and I am starting to look at both the BMW's and the new Mercedes SUV

Any idea on pricing for a fully loaded one with ML/NAV, etc?

Last edited by JDM1114; 05-26-09 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-23-09, 04:20 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

well mid to end of June is where we are looking at.

no pricing, expect 4K over RX350
Old 05-23-09, 06:18 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Lexus cuts price of RX 450 hybrid

http://www.autonews.com/article/2009...NA05/904249979

Lexus cuts price of RX 450 hybrid

Kathy Jackson
Automotive News
April 24, 2009 - 11:11 am ET

LOS ANGELES -- Lexus has lowered the prices of its RX 450h hybrid models for the 2010 model year.

Toyota's luxury brand announced a price of $42,535 for the RX 450h front-wheel-drive model and $44,125 for the all-wheel-drive version. That's down from $42,905 for the 2009 fwd model and $44,305 for the 2009 awd model.

Lexus also announced prices for the new IS convertible, which goes on sale in late May. The IS 250C has a base price of $39,365, and the IS 350C is priced at $44,815.

All prices include shipping -- $875 for the 2010 models and $825 for the 2009 versions.

The 2010 RX hybrid comes with a 3.5-liter V-6 Atkinson-cycle engine that makes 295 hp. The current model has a 3.3-liter V-6 making 268 hp.

Fuel economy has improved. The 2010 fwd model gets 32 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway, compared with 27/24 on the 2009 model. The 2010 awd model gets 30/28, up from 26/24 on its predecessor.

The 2010 RX hybrid goes on sale in midsummer.

The new IS four-seat convertibles have the same powertrain offerings as the IS sedans. The 250C is powered by a 2.5-liter, 204-hp V-6 mated to either a six-speed manual or an automatic transmission. The 350C comes with a 3.5-liter, 306-hp V-6 with a six-speed automatic generating 306 hp.
Old 05-23-09, 08:46 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDM1114
So.. I keep checking and asking at my dealer and nobody seems to know for sure when we will see the new RX450 hybrids.. I extended the lease on my RX 400 for 6 months in order to be ready to get the new version but I am starting to think it might not be worth the wait... extended lease is up May 31 and I am starting to look at both the BMW's and the new Mercedes SUV

Any idea on pricing for a fully loaded one with ML/NAV, etc?
We are on the 3rd 6 month extension on the lease for my wife's RX400h. You need to have some patience. All along it has been mentioned here and elsewhere that the first RX 450h's will be built in May for an arrival some time in June. Ours is one that is being built in May as we ordered it in early March. I was informed just yesterday that my dealer is actually getting the first RX450h by June 1. We have not heard anything about ours yet, but I'm sure it will be here sometime in June.

As already posted, the new hybrid will cost roughly $4K more than the RX350.

Last edited by PatsSoxfan; 05-23-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-23-09, 11:21 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

My dealer said that I could expect to see the RX450h on June 16th. Im so excited! I really want to see how it compares to the X5 35d, the reliability scares be but boy does it handle like a dream...
Old 05-24-09, 05:29 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 499 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by lucasb7
My dealer said that I could expect to see the RX450h on June 16th. Im so excited! I really want to see how it compares to the X5 35d, the reliability scares be but boy does it handle like a dream...
I would fear more about the reliability of the BMW. The Lexus might have a bug or two but they have had a good bit of experience with this technology.
Old 05-24-09, 06:34 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

I think I will throw a litle controversy into the mix.

I have not been too impressed so far with Lexus attention at the dealer level. I went to 4 dealers over a few months while looking for my 450h. I have experienced "indifference" in how they sell the car(s) and only one knew his way around the 350 after that came out. None of the dealers wanted to or offered to special order the 450h for me till just this last week. Originally I was told the 450 would come out 2 months after the 350 came out--that would have been April. (I am also guessing there might have been some late minute changes to the 450)

I will get the car but it really appears they have become fat and sassy over the year or the overall mystic is unjustified.

Toyota the same. Looked at the Venza--first dealer waked in -not that busy and my wife and I were ignored. Second dealer I "go" a young kid to help uss and it was obviouse he was "green. That experiece reminded my of theSaturn experience a few months earlier where I knew more about the Saturn Hybrid than the sales person or the manager.

So I wil hold my nose and hope they care.

I have an 08 bmw --my defect rate is pretty high on that. Great performing car. The second day after delivery the service engine light came on. The next week the retractible hardtop had a problem. The tranny had a problem that was fixed on the 4th try (the software update) but they were ignoring my problem until I wrote letters all over the place threatening them on a safety issue. I have an obvious rattle they cannot fix.

Unimpressed there.

I am 60 years young and all this remined me of the decline of the US mfg and dealers.

Back in the day when somebody was an upstart (Toyota 1972) or underdog people seemed to work harder and pay more attn. Then an "I don't care " attitude sets in as "I am successful" and the customer needs me more than I need them. ie--they are not as hungry anymore.

2 years ago I was in a Pontiac dealership (may it rest in peace) and the salesmen were havig a bs session and ignored me even to the point when i walked out!

I have a friend in the Caddy business--good he is in a great area since its old wealth (and now inherited wealth). He is old fashioned and has a passion for his business. He knows everthing about his product and competition product(just ask) But he has a huge repeat business and takes care of his customers. Shows enthusiasm which I have not seem by the Lexus or BMW guys. If he does not know an answer--he finds it.

He is still selling a lot of cars.

So somehow--whether you are spending 20k or 50k on a car, or more--you deserve complete attention as a customer. Here we are in the midst of the worst economic conditions of this generation and virtually nobody is stepping up to show they are interested.

Finally--we know Toyota corp -which was the rock and piller--is suffering 40% YOY sales declines. It is not imune.
Old 05-25-09, 11:19 AM
syswei
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
As already posted, the new hybrid will cost roughly $4K more than the RX350.
The hybrid differential will be almost exactly $5k.
Old 05-25-09, 07:07 PM
JDM1114
Driver School Candidate

Lexus has been very disaapointing in getting info on the rx450 to dealers or even posting on their web site.. i am seeing a very disturbing trend with Lexus that is starting to remind me of the US manufacturers.. they dont seem to care as much about their customers as they did a few years ago..

Yikes--- Lazy and fat is not what I expected..

i had purchased a VW jetta for my kids and the VW folks are relenteless about staying in touch, letting us know about promotions and new vehicles ...
and overall their customer service is much more impressive that what I am seeing from Lexus/Toyota.
maybe its time to look elsewhere...
Old 05-25-09, 09:21 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDM1114
Lexus has been very disaapointing in getting info on the rx450 to dealers or even posting on their web site.. i am seeing a very disturbing trend with Lexus that is starting to remind me of the US manufacturers.. they dont seem to care as much about their customers as they did a few years ago..

Yikes--- Lazy and fat is not what I expected..

i had purchased a VW jetta for my kids and the VW folks are relenteless about staying in touch, letting us know about promotions and new vehicles ...
and overall their customer service is much more impressive that what I am seeing from Lexus/Toyota.
maybe its time to look elsewhere...
one reason for the delay might be the intro of the IS convertible--springtime is obviously better for convertible intro and in all likelihood Lexus will not lose many rx450 sales with a 45 day delay.
Old 05-28-09, 11:11 AM
Fitzgerald
Driver School Candidate

Dealer phoned to say that I should get my 450h on June 12th. They now have one in the showroom as well, so I suppose deliveries have started.
Old 06-14-09, 10:06 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fitzgerald
Dealer phoned to say that I should get my 450h on June 12th. They now have one in the showroom as well, so I suppose deliveries have started.
Do you have any update?
Old 06-14-09, 05:48 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The local dealer has 2 for sale, one red and one blue. Both have the same equipment and are just over $50K.
Steve
Old 06-14-09, 05:51 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

This is amazing, right? Some dealers cannot sell theirs, but some others cannot get any for their waiting customers. Lexus said they will use the special way to deploy their new Hybrid... actually it seems not working too well.
Old 06-14-09, 06:14 PM
art123
Driver School Candidate

I bought a RX450h. Dealer says he will deliver Thursday, June 17, or sooner. I had a choice of two-one silver or one star fire white. Other than the exterior color they are identical: grey leather interior, comfort package, in dash 6 dsc cd changer, 19" aluminum alloy wheels, bi-xenon headlamps, navigation system, intuitive parking assist, premium package, wood & leather steering wheel, cargo mat, cargo net, wheel locks, and front wheel drive. Price incuding destination charge is $51,207.

Quick Reply: RX450 Hybrid- whe is is coming...or is it?