Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Dealer letter RE: 450h arrival

Old 05-29-09, 12:19 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Dealer letter RE: 450h arrival

I just received a fax of a Dealer Letter from Lexus to Lexus Southern Area Dealers, GM's, and Sales Managers.

The gist of it is 'a' launch unit will come in June to Tier 3 Launch events or for preview events. Dealers will have to contact the DSM to request the use of a 'Launch' unit to support any Tier 3 events they have scheduled after June 1st.

Additional info: They are using a special launch methodology to allocate the 1st 3 months of production. 'nuff said about that as it appears to benefit the dealers that had most 400h volume and those with 400h inventory will receive less.

They'll begin allocating RXh on the 2nd allocation of June '09 and every dealer will receive a minimum of one on that initial allocation. They should be arriving at the dealerships by July 3rd.

Build Strategy: (9440) fwd model will consist of one option combination. They just want to get them out there to start at what they think will be competitive pricing loaded up with options. note* they will come in w/o roof rails but the price includes the $875 destination. They will be mid-Level w/Nav: CP, EK, FT, HL, NV, PM, PA, & WU. MSRP $50,975

9444 awd model will come 'with' standard Roof Rails and includes $875 destination. Coming with; Mid-Level w/leather & Nav, CP, EK, FT, GF, HL, NV, PM, PA, WU, TO and MSRP of $54,003.

Legend: CP=Comfort pkg, EK=Nav Audio System, FT=19" Alloys, GF=Heads up display, HL=HID AFS Headlamps, NV=Navigation, PM=Premium Pkg, PA=Park Assist, WU=Wood Steering Wheel, TO=Tow Prep Pkg

So.... As for me 'Whew, I was hoping it would be a 'little' less equipped for the fwd but I'm still a player and still excited. I doubt they wanted this info sent out but my friend that sent it (dealer un-named) forgot to say it's confidential. Or maybe it isn't but I talked to other dealers today and the sales people were totally unaware of it. Now all of 'US' are

I suppose the talkers and buyers will now begin to separate a bit. I have a standing deposit in on 4 colors and it's the 1st deposit on the 450h at that store. 6 weeks + and counting now.

Having retired twice now, once from the USN and once from the Auto business retail, I should know better than to jump in with cash hanging from my pockets this early in the model but .... What was that Heinz commercial ??? ANTICIPATION
Old 05-29-09, 12:27 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info--my dealer ordered mine 2 weeks ago telling me much the same--except yours explains it in far more detail.
Old 05-29-09, 02:17 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the details. My dealers said something similar and said Lexus will run different programs to launch Hybrid, but they even cannot confrim the methodology.
Old 05-29-09, 02:18 PM
LexFather

Moved..........
Old 05-31-09, 08:21 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think I will hold off one more year so they can gt this crap out of their system. It just a car nothing more yes a very good car I hope but still a car that they are in love with right now. I can keep my cash one more year and see how well they do with this new system .
Old 05-31-09, 12:44 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Expecting near perfection (prayerfully)

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Think I will hold off one more year so they can gt this crap out of their system. It just a car nothing more yes a very good car I hope but still a car that they are in love with right now. I can keep my cash one more year and see how well they do with this new system .
Having spent 18 years in the business, every so often you get a read or hunch when something good is about to happen. So much is riding on this new (h) model and considering the plant it's rolling out of, I have a feeling this car (early ones and later) will be practically hand crafted and inspected to the 'nth degree for anything not up to par. Given that, it is a new model and over time some tweaks will need to be made. Plenty of warranty time to have those (if any) corrected. I'm still excited and waiting for the preview date. I hope and expect to be driving mine by the 4th of July.

Anticipation reins

Last edited by Cruiter; 05-31-09 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-02-09, 09:50 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Glad for you old Bud but it is just a car no matter what you think. Sorry your sales are down over the last two years but it is a bed the that all the car makers have made and now they got to sleep in for a while. You can go out and total this car and get a new one the next week or in four months if you have to order it. But there is no Lexus worth MSRP don't care how good they think they make it . One day it will brake down and every 5k you will be in to have it in for service. As far as the "over time some tweaks will need to be made" I have a child with Autism don't have the time nor the energy to take a car back and forth to get something fix that should had be right in the first place. If I wanted to do that I would get a Ford, GM, Dodge or BMW and not a Lexus.
you may believe that no lexus is worth msrp, but i can tell you that is not the case here in vancouver, canada. most of the lexus dealers here are selling at or just below msrp for new 2009 vehicles. it's a different market here, demand is still high. recession? sure you hear the news, and some real estate prices have moved a bit lower, some people got laid off, stock portfolio tanked (but that's a different story), but nothing really major. if there's a recession, it's in the news only...i don't see it in the city i live!
Old 06-03-09, 10:02 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Canada is a different story, sales are actually rising there. the US bubble in sales has finally popped. Either way, i think the cars are worth msrp, 37K for a car this size is really cheap, cheaper than a base IS350 which isnt that much car