Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Modifications on RX400h

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 11:42 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mowmow
tod071, you are in Hawaii, have you talk to TrendyTodd ? I'm sure he has pictures of his customers that had air runners installed on their RX. TrendyTodd is also in Hawaii, don't know which island tho
Thanks, but TrendyTodd=tod071 We haven't done an Airrunner on a RX yet, which is why I posted the question. Thanks for keeping me in mind though. I appreciate it.
Old 12-06-09, 08:44 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadloR
Question for you... When you installed the Vais SL2Vi, did you also perform the mod to over ride the unit so that the video will play even when the vehicle is in motion? If so, how? Is it the same mod in a post that shows how to mod for bluetooth and address entry while vehicle is in motion?

Cheers,

MadloR
Whoa sorry for the late reply, I didn't know it was revived. lol...It's been a while since I have checked back on this thread. And I haven't seen you post in a while haha...When I installed my SL2Vi, I wasn't sure if I wanted to over ride the unit so video could be played in motion. Because I have heard that I would have to cut wires to over ride the emergency brake to the system to trick it that it's grounded and emergency brake is applied. I hope that kind of a answers your question(sorry the reply was this late). But overall I had great customer service from VaisTech they took care of my problems and I have been having great sound quality to my ipod and watched video and photos on my navi screen. It was a money well spent.
Old 12-06-09, 08:46 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tod071
Has anyone on ClubLexus done Airrunners on their RX? I'm just waiting for some extra cash and that will probably be the next mod on my list.
Now that's something that I would want to seen done. Because as of right now there are only lowering springs available at least here in the US market. As for lowering alternatives there are plenty in Japan. Springs just allow about like 1.3-1.5inch drop depending on which brand.

Do you happen to know how much are the AirRunner kits running for? I heard that AirRunners include a lot more stuff in their kits than UAS, is that true?
Old 12-06-09, 08:50 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hey mowmow, how's the quad projector project coming along? I'm so eager to hear news about them. When you told me about them I was excited about getting my headlights done too.
Old 12-07-09, 09:20 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
Hey mowmow, how's the quad projector project coming along? I'm so eager to hear news about them. When you told me about them I was excited about getting my headlights done too.
LEXveryG8, the project got changed, instead, we are doing something more
crazy, turning a 04 S2000 lens into a bi-xenon setup, and little devil is doing
a custom high power led high beam setup that also serves as DRL, ( the estimated lumens will be over 1200+ lumens) I have plan to switch out the 35watt hid set fog with full 55 watt setup pending on money, and use the hidextra 35watt ballast to powerup reverse light with on demand switch so no one can tailgate me without me taking a good look at their face.
Old 12-09-09, 12:11 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mowmow
LEXveryG8, the project got changed, instead, we are doing something more
crazy, turning a 04 S2000 lens into a bi-xenon setup, and little devil is doing
a custom high power led high beam setup that also serves as DRL, ( the estimated lumens will be over 1200+ lumens) I have plan to switch out the 35watt hid set fog with full 55 watt setup pending on money, and use the hidextra 35watt ballast to powerup reverse light with on demand switch so no one can tailgate me without me taking a good look at their face.
Nice, that would be awesome to see the transformation. Post some pics of the aftermath, it would be cool see it.
Old 12-11-09, 07:33 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will do once everything is done, littodevil will do another write up with details just like the one I have now
Old 03-06-10, 09:51 PM
06WTRX400H
Driver School Candidate

I have been wondering about lowering springs for awhile now.. and wider tires. i need to keep up with this thread
Old 03-07-10, 04:57 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 06WTRX400H
I have been wondering about lowering springs for awhile now.. and wider tires. i need to keep up with this thread
There are eibach lowering springs, I have heard some good things about them. If your able to find a coilover setup for this car it would be supreme.
Old 08-10-10, 01:12 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
There are eibach lowering springs, I have heard some good things about them. If your able to find a coilover setup for this car it would be supreme.
Got the Eibachs on mine and love it. There ARE coilover applications for the RX in Japan. But the prices are in the $2k-$3k ballpark. I'd would rather skip the coils and go straight to Airrunners. I can get Airrunner systems for just about the $4k range, shipped to the US.
Old 06-29-14, 12:25 PM
nadz23
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by MadloR
Here is a pic for the kit...

It is a standard kit, that works with the factory type halogen bulb requirement known as an H11.

I have no issues with blinding oncoming drivers, and the reason for this is the nature of the driving/fog lamp, it is a projector style housing. This design is more incline to work with a retrofit kit with an HID type bulb. The "extra" amount of light produced by the HID bulb is more than capable of harnessing this light and accurately projecting it in the intended manner designed by the projector Driving / Fog light.

This particular modification works 100% there are no compromises or drawbacks, in that, the HID kit works in perfect harmony with the projector lamp as well as the demands placed on the electrical system.

Cheers,

MadloR

Feel like reposting pics?
Old 07-23-14, 01:51 AM
Robvdo
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone!

I read this topic with much enthusiasm. Im from Europe, Netherlands, and just bought myself an rx400h.
Now I am looking to tune it up a bit.
Is there a substitute for the mid console with the cassette deck? Or will that mean I will loose other features as wel as the reverse drive cameras?

Are there here any people that have experience with a bodykit and or suspension change to airride or another good alternative for the stock suspension so it wont wiggle so much?

nice reading all this! Just too bad every pic isnt visible anymore!

greetz!

Last edited by Robvdo; 07-23-14 at 03:35 AM.