Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 12-13-11, 01:00 PM
Getit916
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a 2006 RX400H AWD. Bought with 61k for $25,000. Bamboo Pearl with tan/black/stainless interior. No navi but have dvd player in the back seat.
Old 12-24-11, 09:42 AM
jaysmith20
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased yesterday, 2008 RX400h. Crystal White with tan interior, loaded. This is my 6th lexus(and first hybrid) and I love it. Replaces a 2002 RX300. Been on a car buying spree this fall, replaced my wife's 2002 SC430 with a 2006 SC430 as well.
Old 03-26-12, 08:32 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Bought this in Dec 2011 with 78K miles on it. Amazing piece of machinery!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-img_3823.jpg  
Old 03-27-12, 10:23 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Nice picture, great special effect on surroundings.....
Old 05-25-12, 07:08 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Have owned our 2007 Rx4h since October of 2010. Is the premium plus with htd seats, rain sensing wipers, nav, standard stereo. Previous vehicles: 2000 S500, 1998 GS4, 2001 BMW 525i
Old 05-25-12, 03:28 PM
shimamizu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got my 2006 RX 400h all wheel drive with only 38,000 miles on it used last week
Old 06-24-12, 10:38 AM
BC06rx400h
Driver School Candidate

Default Rx400h

Just bought a 2006 RX400H Ultra Premium.
Fully loaded and we love it.
91000km on the odometer.
Silver ext. and Charcoal int.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2012-06-01-17.09.02.jpg  
Old 07-12-12, 07:53 AM
Crono7x
Driver School Candidate

Gents,

I am in the process of buying a 2006 RX 400h, is there anything I need to look out for when inspecting the vehicle and test driving it?
Old 07-12-12, 10:20 AM
imchaos69
Driver School Candidate

We just purchased a 2006 RX400H last week. It has 80,000 miles on it but it feels and drives like new. I would try to get a thorough service history, check to see if the car is on the list for the inverter recall and also if the car has gotten the ISC reset if the car battery ever died or was disconnected. Otherwise, it's a beautiful car and we love it.
Old 09-12-12, 08:45 AM
J9AVN
Driver School Candidate

Default A late registration but am here now - My RX400h SE

I actuallbought this almost 2 years ago butmy RX400h is possibly the best car I have had and after living with it for this long, I don't know what else I would drve. It is smooth, confortbale and also I don't have top pay any congestion charge in London. We have a jaguar and 2 mercedes too but this is my favourite.
It had 21K mile when I bought it and has only just hit 42k now. Took it to fFrance last year and I couldn't imagine going in anything else. The room and confort withthe family and plus the cargo space to hold over a dozen cases of champagne along with our luggage - our old mercedes wouldn't have coped.
Am tempted to look at the new RX450 but I love my RX400 and so will probably keep it for a few more years yet.Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc03406.jpg
Old 09-12-12, 11:33 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by J9AVN
I actuallbought this almost 2 years ago butmy RX400h is possibly the best car I have had and after living with it for this long, I don't know what else I would drve. It is smooth, confortbale and also I don't have top pay any congestion charge in London. We have a jaguar and 2 mercedes too but this is my favourite.
It had 21K mile when I bought it and has only just hit 42k now. Took it to fFrance last year and I couldn't imagine going in anything else. The room and confort withthe family and plus the cargo space to hold over a dozen cases of champagne along with our luggage - our old mercedes wouldn't have coped.
Am tempted to look at the new RX450 but I love my RX400 and so will probably keep it for a few more years yet.
Welcome to Club Lexus, J9AVN. What year is your RX400h?

As long as you are treating your RX400h right and it is treating you right there is no need to consider the upgrade. Pay off the note, if you have not already, and enjoy years of enjoyment with what you have. Take the money you are not making on car payments and invest. Repairs you may need to make in the future will surely be no more than what a few car payments might have been on something new.

Be sure to come back and let us know about your future experiences.
Old 10-20-12, 08:27 AM
twix32
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys, Just bought a 2008 400h
1 week ago! I love it (Canada)
it has 100k and still under hybrid warranty

I don't have much vehicle service history on it.
it rides so smooth. It has been well maintained
Is there anything I should do immediately to ensure
I am getting optimal fuel economy in conjunction with the hybrid
technology? This is my first hybrid and I have minimal knowledge on the process
and technology I am still researching and trying to learn it myself.

I bought it cause I know hybrid is the way to go and mostly good reviews about the car

what I am asking is: is there any hybrid specific tuning I need/should do
and is this covered under warranty? Live close to don valley north Lexus dealership
thanks
Old 10-24-12, 02:04 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi there twix32, welcome to the forum.

1) For history of your car, register your vehicle on lexus's website and you can pull vehicle service history from there

2) Driving habbit will need to change in order to take full advantages of hybrid system.

Other than that, regular maintenance, tire pressure. Check to see if your RX has all the recall done, if so great, if not schedule with a dealership to get it taken care of.

that all I can think of just from top of my head. Are you planning on doing some mild modding of your RX ?
Old 10-24-12, 02:56 PM
spacecraft
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mowmow
Check to see if your RX has all the recall done
Why, are you aware of any, on 2008 models?
Mine is also a 2008, but here in Europe I've been told that only the earlier (2006) hybrids had a recall on the inverter, and that there has been no recalls on 2008 MY so far.
Since there is no local (EU) production of the RX, I would expect the recalls - if any - to be the same both sides of the Atlantic...
Old 10-27-12, 08:20 AM
twix32
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by mowmow
Hi there twix32, welcome to the forum.

1) For history of your car, register your vehicle on lexus's website and you can pull vehicle service history from there

2) Driving habbit will need to change in order to take full advantages of hybrid system.

Other than that, regular maintenance, tire pressure. Check to see if your RX has all the recall done, if so great, if not schedule with a dealership to get it taken care of.

that all I can think of just from top of my head. Are you planning on doing some mild modding of your RX ?
mowmow, I read some of your mod posts, your a great help on this site. I am new to the site as i haven't even hit 1 month of lexus ownership and as soon as I got the car my mind started going nuts as to what I wanted to do. Obviously money is a big issue so its mostly just minor tweaking and I am in Canada and I compared various sites. Every time I googled something like :How can I change my ____ Lights on RX...." Club lexus would be the top link and it was always the most helpful. Hence I joined and learnt a lot from your specific posts. Thanks

I have changed the lights on the door to LED. Those lights light up the ground when you open the driver/pass door. I changed the license plate lights to LED also. And I changed The Interior dome lights to LED.

All the above went from stock yellow to bright white with a tint of blue.
I left the map lights as they are never used unless you are searching for something that fell down or reading a map ... sometimes the yellow is a better searching light.

TO DO LIST
My fog lights are still Yellow stock. I am in the process of looking for a 9006 bulb thats a similar colour to the stock hid's (any advice). I think just changing the bulb is the cheapest thing. 10-15$. for a pair of 9006

In Canada we have daytime running lights ( not sure if thats the same in USA)
they are also the stock yellow. If you look in the headlight> on the inside of the stock hid headlights is the high beam compartments. In the corner of that there is a small bulb thats just in the corner of the high beam compartment. Thats the bulb I want to change to LED or a better color bulb (Any advice on what I should use or what the bulb is)

Next summer (as winter is here in a few weeks) looking to put 20" matte black rims on it. Get high gloss black paint for the calipers. and a regular size tire as low profiles i feel, compromise the smoothness that lexus has. and part of the reason you bu this vehicle. haven't decided what type of rim yet. Probably multi spoke.

My car is the same picture as J9AVN post up just above. same color I mean.

The one thing I really want to do is change my audio> I have the non premium sound. NO DVD/GPS/Touchscreen/Backup Cam i was looking at this:
ebay link
and then maybe like a pioneer after market screen with the whole gps/nav/camera ect... as right now i don't even have an ipod connection. Gotta settle for poor quality with an fm transmitter.
however doing this I lose my steering controls. very sad. Any where i can get the stock premium audio without taking a loan? like maybe a used one?
(ANY SUGGESSTIONS or reference to things people have done?)

other than that. keeping it stock for the most part.

btw I fell in love with the BLUE Lights in the CHROME door plate that light up the word LEXUS on all 4 doors.
Biggest seller when buying the car> And I have a black interior.

Last edited by twix32; 10-27-12 at 08:23 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE