Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-09, 10:19 PM
detulliof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exterior is black also. I got it from Bay Ridge Lexus, Brooklyn ny
Old 05-03-09, 10:22 PM
detulliof
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mowmow
Congrads on your ride, how much did you pay for the headrest monitors ?
Was it Vizlogic and running on FM modulator right ? Do they come with leather
covers when you are not using them. I'm seriously thinking about getting it
but still have some uncertainty here and there. Can you let me know ,thanks
Not sure of the brand, they where dealer installed, they came with 2 wireless headphones and a game controller/system. No leather covers. Price was decent but im sure i got ripped off a little..
Old 05-04-09, 02:23 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by detulliof
Not sure of the brand, they where dealer installed, they came with 2 wireless headphones and a game controller/system. No leather covers. Price was decent but im sure i got ripped off a little..
I asked the sales guy at the dealership, they were asking for $1100 installed
at my local Lexus dealership.
Old 05-04-09, 09:17 AM
mojiboo02
Driver School Candidate

I am new to the club.. Just got an 08 new from the Dealer in Richmond, VA.. Any advice would be nice.. Especially Do It Yourself Oil Changes
Old 05-04-09, 04:33 PM
08 RX4ooh
Driver School Candidate

Default Front grille protector (bug screen)

Just bought new (never used) 2008 400h ... impressive. Great to drive. Had 97 ES300 previously; also a fabulous car ... our son bought it. We love Lexus vehicles obviously. We live in Canada.

Question: we travel during the summer in part of the country with lots of bugs. Does nasty things to the front grille area with bug juice creating havoc with the paint. Any hints on decent looking quick-removable bug screens? I really dislike those "bras" or those hood deflectors ... look cheesy on these nice RX vehicles. But need something just for highway travel and then remove easily when arrive at destination.

Appreciate any ideas.
Old 05-04-09, 07:12 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 08 RX4ooh
Just bought new (never used) 2008 400h ... impressive. Great to drive. Had 97 ES300 previously; also a fabulous car ... our son bought it. We love Lexus vehicles obviously. We live in Canada.

Question: we travel during the summer in part of the country with lots of bugs. Does nasty things to the front grille area with bug juice creating havoc with the paint. Any hints on decent looking quick-removable bug screens? I really dislike those "bras" or those hood deflectors ... look cheesy on these nice RX vehicles. But need something just for highway travel and then remove easily when arrive at destination.

Appreciate any ideas.
Have you look at clear bra yet ?
Old 06-05-09, 12:17 PM
barry_s
Driver School Candidate

Smile my recent purchase

Just traded in my '07 RX350 for a new '08 RX400h. Same color and equipment but now I don't have to deal with only 16 mpg around town. My Vaistech unit (XM) came out of the old and into the new without any problem. The RX400h came with the V8.1 nav DVD so I didn't put my "hybrid V7.1" in. I'm going to try to deal with using voice input when in motion.
Old 07-01-09, 11:18 PM
germeezy1
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone, new to the Lexus fold....but I got tired of my Range Rover breaking down!

2006 RX400h Neptune Blue Mica exterior, tan with wood package interior. Every available option Nav and Mark Levinson except for laser cruise.

I may lower it to see if it will even increase the gas mileage further, but we love it so far!
Old 07-02-09, 06:53 PM
voodoojc
Driver School Candidate

Just got my 2006 RX400h in Bamboo Pearl a week ago. Tan with wood trim, nav, camera, awd, roof rack, and towing hitch.

I really want to lower it, but I'm concerned about ride quality. How many people have lowered theirs? Also, is it possible to get the laser cruise control added somehow?
Old 07-02-09, 07:51 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoojc
Just got my 2006 RX400h in Bamboo Pearl a week ago. Tan with wood trim, nav, camera, awd, roof rack, and towing hitch.

I really want to lower it, but I'm concerned about ride quality. How many people have lowered theirs? Also, is it possible to get the laser cruise control added somehow?
These really aren't the kinds of cars you can lower and realize a benefit. If you have the (h), you'll do fine. My 450h is two weeks old this coming Monday and I'm averaging just a skosh over 30. And I love it.
Old 07-02-09, 09:01 PM
germeezy1
Driver School Candidate

I want to lower mine to increase the fuel economy and also because in my opinion there is too much space in the wheel wells.
Old 07-02-09, 11:06 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hey guys welcome to the CL! If you guys plan to lower it the easy route is to get the eibach lowering springs, it's the cheapest way to go to the lower your ride by a tad bit. If you want it to be lower with adjustable ways, there's only air suspension available on the market. There are vendors on this forum that you can ask around for pricing, I'm sure some of them can get you a good deal. Good luck!
Old 09-30-09, 04:35 PM
06WTRX400H
Driver School Candidate

2006 RX400H Pearl White/ Tan interior. FWD.

Bought it this summer used for my wife. So far I have installed a OEM hitch on the RX, installed weathertech mats all arounf and weathertech window visors. Its a driving machine we have over 7k miles on it in just 2-3 months!
Old 10-03-09, 09:20 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Welcome 06WTRX400H. You are like me, I've driven close to 12K miles for less than 6 months of owning a CPO 400H
Old 10-13-09, 10:50 AM
Steve99
Driver School Candidate

Question

These forums helped me a lot when deciding to purchase a RX400h so I appreciate everyone's time. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, but once I took the 400h a couple times it seemed like the car for me.

Previous VW Jetta owner looking to upgrade to a somewhat larger and more cold weather friendly vehicle. I'm 6' tall and the Jetta was ok for my size and the RX is as well. It feels like any taller could be uncomfortable in my opinion.

I've had my CPO 2007 RX400h Bamboo Pearl for 5 days now and absolutely love it. All options except Laser cruise control. I'm having a Sirius radio installed this week.

I'm curious on a couple of items:

1. Why weren't the front driver and passenger side windows tinted as well? Does anybody know how much this costs?
2. Any recommendations for the hitch installation?
3. I'm a little annoyed that I just received the main two keys for the vehicle. Meaning the valet key, hardware key and chip were not given to me and not called for in the CPO agreement. Was the same for other owners?
4. Anybody have any pictures of the clear bra on their RX?
5. Any thoughts on a remote starter for the 400h? I'm torn as it is a hybrid, but the vehicle will also be kept outside in a Wisconsin winter. Any other owners face the same dilemma? Which route did you go?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE