Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 03:38 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve99
These forums helped me a lot when deciding to purchase a RX400h so I appreciate everyone's time. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, but once I took the 400h a couple times it seemed like the car for me.

Previous VW Jetta owner looking to upgrade to a somewhat larger and more cold weather friendly vehicle. I'm 6' tall and the Jetta was ok for my size and the RX is as well. It feels like any taller could be uncomfortable in my opinion.

I've had my CPO 2007 RX400h Bamboo Pearl for 5 days now and absolutely love it. All options except Laser cruise control. I'm having a Sirius radio installed this week.

I'm curious on a couple of items:

1. Why weren't the front driver and passenger side windows tinted as well? Does anybody know how much this costs?
2. Any recommendations for the hitch installation?
3. I'm a little annoyed that I just received the main two keys for the vehicle. Meaning the valet key, hardware key and chip were not given to me and not called for in the CPO agreement. Was the same for other owners?
4. Anybody have any pictures of the clear bra on their RX?
5. Any thoughts on a remote starter for the 400h? I'm torn as it is a hybrid, but the vehicle will also be kept outside in a Wisconsin winter. Any other owners face the same dilemma? Which route did you go?

Thanks.

Hey welcome to the CL!

To address your questions:
1) Some states do not allow privacy glass or tint whatsoever on the front two windows including the windshield. If you want your driver and passenger tinted, you might have to visit a local tint shop. I know your from Wisconsin but I'm not sure what your legal tint percentage is. Regularly to tint only the driver and passenger window it shouldn't cost more than $100-150. Anything more than that is ridiculous. It's not tinting all the other windows so it should cost too much. But different states have their own marketing price. But you can look up this website for places and call for their pricing.
2) I never gotten one installed so don't know.
3) I bought the car when it was brand new, and they have included two main keys meaning the main transponder keys, one regular key, and one valet key. I think that's just it.
4) I have clear bra my full front(srry don't have pics I'll try to get some). But I'm telling you it's good investment. My full front is wrapped in clear bra, including the full front hood, the fenders, the headlights including the foglights, and the whole bumper. MAN it saved a lot of rock chips.
5) I believe you can't add a remote with this, I think it's been discuss somewhere, your going have to do a search on this or others can pitch in on this.
Old 11-12-09, 05:48 PM
06WTRX400H
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mowmow
Welcome 06WTRX400H. You are like me, I've driven close to 12K miles for less than 6 months of owning a CPO 400H
Thanks. Its NOV now and we are about to hit our second oil change!! My wife loves the RX. I love a consistent 27 MPG!! We are close to 10K in about 5-6 months!
Old 11-17-09, 04:38 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job, I'm getting 26mpg in mix freeway and local driving with A/C on all the time running on 87 Octane
Old 01-11-10, 03:41 PM
Teacherman
Driver School Candidate

I'm wanting to lower mine as well. Did you do it yet? Whose springs did you go with? Thanks
Old 01-13-10, 01:04 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Teacherman
Great question, there are Eibach springs out there that lowers a small amount also there are air suspension available but both are not what I'm looking for, I'm trying to find out if Harrier's ( Toyota JDM version of RX) suspension which has a lower ride stance can fit the RX and achieve the look on all those bodykit pictures out there online.

I have a thread already open if you like to follow too, any information would help
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-question.html
Old 01-16-10, 07:50 PM
jrb77
Driver School Candidate

Default Just picked up an '07 400h tonight

Silver, gray interior, dark wood. Really like it a lot. Only 27k miles...not bad for an '07! Got it certified and had them add a clear bra to it for $32k. I'm pleased with the deal.
Old 07-07-10, 01:37 PM
hrlyboy1
Driver School Candidate

I was looking for a place to buy replacement floor mats and came across this forum-very nice!!

2006 400h with Nav and ML, Flint Mica, Lt Grey int. 81k miles and still runs great.

OEM Goodyears were crap and replaced at 28k with Dueler Alenza's-still much tread left and much better traction in wet.

Shooting for 200k as long as inverter holds out.

Ordered the weather tech liners instead of replacing carpet mats.
Old 02-28-11, 06:26 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Ok I am new, Replacing my RX300, Bought a 2008 RX400h last night with 88k miles. Silver,AWD,Nav, ML, runs great. Havent seen it in the sunlight yet, bought it at a Carmax last night 90miles away...Got home after 10:45 last night...By the way they treated me well and were $5k cheaper than the CPO at the lexus dealership, and 1 year newer...Now time to learn about this car...I will be here learning. I might try changing my own timing belt...still have the parts which were destined for the Former RX300...Apparently the belt, waterpump, and two idler bearings are same....interesting...I have prepared by taking lots of pictures of the engine area..as well as under the car so that I can share when needed by anyone...

Last edited by thomas1; 03-19-11 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-19-11, 07:47 AM
Weighit
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Figured I better join as I just purchased a Certified 2008 400H with 42,000 miles. It has had some minor spray paint and it is slightly off color in those 2 areas, small but I saw it. I'm sure that reflected in the price, seems loaded, at least I cannot find any options its missing. This should be a fun vehicle, and we have been looking at the various books, lots of reading to do. I'm in Arizona.
Old 04-19-11, 07:39 PM
inline6tt
Driver School Candidate

Have a 06 RX400h for the wife, 59k on it and we love it!

Chris
Old 05-31-11, 07:24 AM
ilovemaui
Driver School Candidate

Purchased a 2007 RX 400h yesterday with 34,000 miles on it. It is a Certified Lexus so it came with warranty.
Bambo Pearl with Ivory Interior. As far as I can tell it has everything but DVD entertainment system and adaptive cruise control.

I traded a 2007 Land Rover Sport in on it. I only had the Rover for about six weeks and I got 5k more out it on trade than I had paid for it. My wife hatted the mileage on the Rover but I loved the truck.

This is our first Lexus so I hoping it lives up to the reputation.
Old 08-25-11, 09:52 AM
jtaylor3
Rookie

Just purchased a 2008 Matador Red Mica RX400h earlier this month. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. It had 41k miles and was Lexus certified.

I traded a 2008 Lexus IS-F. I was sad to see it go, but I need a car I could drive in winter weather.

Jeff
Old 10-26-11, 01:11 AM
RoverBoi88
Pole Position

2008 in Bamboo Pearl. picked up from grandparents at 31k miles... looking to do alotta stuff with. =) any suggestions to engine, exhaust, or suspension is greatly appreciated. other than that... i think it has all options but the ML audio.
Old 12-06-11, 03:44 AM
DocCP
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie on the forum

Just aquired my first (second hand ) Lexus

2008 RX400h.
Pearl White. Black interior.
Sun-roof. Rails. Hitch.(detachable)
20" wheels (summer) 18" (Winter)
ML Sound system.
50.000 miles.
I have driven it for 6000 and loved every one of them.
Old 12-12-11, 07:01 AM
ghabicht
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I had 79k miles on my 2008 RX 400 - no problems at all. Wasn't really ready to change, but last week when I was at the dealer for service, he gave me a new RX 450h for a loaner. Smart move on his part - I ended up trading mine in for a 2012 RX 450h and I love it!

Nebula Gray w/black interior.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE