Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 10:16 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great to know he will be willing to ship. The price doesn't concern, but it's the job, and reliability that I was concerned at first. Let me know how it turns out because I'm interested, and I wouldn't let just anyone touch my car unless I know them specifically or the job they have done.
Old 04-10-09, 02:06 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem, I will defintely let you know how it turn out. I just paid a visit to him this morning discussing my retrofit. So far for sure it will be a quad to 6 projector setup
S2k projector may modify it to a bi-xeon S2k and the other one will some bi-xeon( undecided ) LED DRL and a mini retro for the fog light since I have an 06 so end result should be 6 hid projectors and some kind of LED DRL that may resemble the 2009 Audi styling.
Old 04-11-09, 10:22 AM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Cool that would look awesome. I think the LED styling for the DRL is a nice addition to the vehicle if that's able to be done that's wonderful. If it's not too much to ask, but can you post pics once you got it done. I would love to see the final product.
Old 04-14-09, 03:04 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Sure thing, I will definitely ask Larry to post another write up on his website as well as pictures in the proper section of the forum. In the meantime Larry has started working on a mini retrofit for the foglight to turn them into HID to enhance visibility. FYI Larry has his 07 Camry hybrid all done with quad hid, hyper ballasts, and hid reverse light. All I can say is start saving $$$$ if you want retro or if you have the $$$$, great
Old 04-15-09, 01:07 PM
Quads
Driver School Candidate

Just bought a 07 CPO RX400H 40K white, loaded, DVD not sure if I have ML.

Can you have Bluetooth without ML?

Wife's car

Sold 2000 RX300 with 118K

My Transportation:
'07 Nissan Titan LE every option lifted on 35's

The 400H will help lower the monthly gas bill between the two autos.
Old 04-15-09, 01:58 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Congrads on the new purchase
Old 04-15-09, 07:25 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mowmow
Sure thing, I will definitely ask Larry to post another write up on his website as well as pictures in the proper section of the forum. In the meantime Larry has started working on a mini retrofit for the foglight to turn them into HID to enhance visibility. FYI Larry has his 07 Camry hybrid all done with quad hid, hyper ballasts, and hid reverse light. All I can say is start saving $$$$ if you want retro or if you have the $$$$, great
Nice, I can't wait!

Originally Posted by Quads

Wife's car

My Transportation:

Welcome to the Club, I'm sure you'll enjoy the 400h!
Old 04-18-09, 12:00 AM
detulliof
Driver School Candidate

Default 08 Rx400h

Just bought a 08 Rx400h. Dealer gave me a great deal, approx. 10k off msrp, fully loaded other then m levinson audio. Had dealer install tvs in the headrest for my son which I would highly recommend if you have kids.

Great car, fun to drive, accelaration off the line is real good considering its just a v6...

Black with Black interior and maple wood trim, wife wants rims but I like the classy look of the stock 18's. FD

Last edited by detulliof; 05-31-09 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-19-09, 01:03 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Very Nice Welcome!
Old 04-19-09, 01:08 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quads

Wife's car

My Transportation:

Congrats, yeah you can have bluetooth without ML. If you look on the radio there should be a ML logo somewhere. I have no clue where exactly since we dont have it but it should be there if you have ML.

Originally Posted by detulliof
Just bought a 08 Rx400h. Dealer gave me a great deal, approx. 10k off msrp, fully loaded other then m levinson audio. Had dealer install tvs in the headrest for my son which I would highly recommend if you have kids.

Great car, fun to drive, accelaration off the line is real good considering its just a v6...

Black with Black interior and maple wood trim, wife wants rims but I like the classy look of the stock 18's. FD
Congrats, I like the black interior.
Old 04-20-09, 09:47 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Congrads on your ride, how much did you pay for the headrest monitors ?
Was it Vizlogic and running on FM modulator right ? Do they come with leather
covers when you are not using them. I'm seriously thinking about getting it
but still have some uncertainty here and there. Can you let me know ,thanks
Old 05-01-09, 03:15 PM
McAenki
Driver School Candidate

Just bought my first Lexus: 2008 RX400h AWD, in Breakwater Blue with Ivory interior and woodtrim, options include Navi and ML, Premium Plus package, tinted front passenger windows. Love it. 700 miles in 4 days. Pure bliss.

This is my second hybrid, drove a Mercury Mariner 4WD Hybrid until a few days ago. Beyond the sheer luxury of the Lexus, the main improvements for me are the bluetooth and the fact that the A/C still works in hybrid mode - that just did not work out for me in TX. On the other hand, I miss my rear sensors (still getting used to the frog-lense reverse camera), the better mpgs (29 to 32 mpg on the Mariner), and the "miles till empty" info - what's the deal with Lexus not offering that on the RX400h - it's been many years since I had a car without that function and I actually now need to pay attention to the gas gauge?!?

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-my-rx400h.jpg  
Old 05-01-09, 08:35 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Hey welcome, congrats on your purchase! Cool picture too!
Old 05-01-09, 10:55 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by McAenki
Just bought my first Lexus: 2008 RX400h AWD, in Breakwater Blue with Ivory interior and woodtrim, options include Navi and ML, Premium Plus package, tinted front passenger windows. Love it. 700 miles in 4 days. Pure bliss.

This is my second hybrid, drove a Mercury Mariner 4WD Hybrid until a few days ago. Beyond the sheer luxury of the Lexus, the main improvements for me are the bluetooth and the fact that the A/C still works in hybrid mode - that just did not work out for me in TX. On the other hand, I miss my rear sensors (still getting used to the frog-lense reverse camera), the better mpgs (29 to 32 mpg on the Mariner), and the "miles till empty" info - what's the deal with Lexus not offering that on the RX400h - it's been many years since I had a car without that function and I actually now need to pay attention to the gas gauge?!?

Welcome, you are right it's kind of weird that the RX400h don't have the
"miles till empty" or Lexus calls is "Fuel Range" I believe. On the RX 350 loaner that i drove last week has the fuel range feature and it gives an approximate miles before I need to refuel notification.
Old 05-02-09, 12:04 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it silver exterior? And which dealer did you get it from?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE