Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-08, 12:59 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sporty1
I got the RX 400h this week after much calling around to find a dealer who would track down the color I wanted. Local dealer salesman was not very helpful - trying very hard to get me to buy what they had. Didn't even want me to order when I suggested it saying the color was no longer available. After calling a few other nearby dealers, one found me one in 20 minutes - and even offered to deal better than the local guy who wanted me to take what was there!

So ... Brandywine Mica with Ivory interior. Most everything except ML stereo and rear entertainment. Got the iPod adapter installed as well. 400 miles averaging 29.5 - we have a Prius so used to how to drive a hybrid.
GOOD LUCK I like the colour
I traded a 2004 Prius for my RX400h need the AWD
Old 10-03-08, 06:13 AM
HKinDC
Driver School Candidate

Default 07 RX400 Black and tan

We have- for her - a beautiful black with tan interior 07 RX400. Stereo plays MP3, we have Nav and wood trim and got the tow package done. So far we have 16K on it and my wife- a very aggressive driver, loves it!
Traded an RX300 (pearl with tan) - forget the year, but we had bought it used and still got a good trade in.
For me- an 06 LS430 burgundy and tan with Nav and medium luxury package. I still have my last everyday ride- a 99 540i BMW Black and Tan - which we keep for guests.
Old 10-15-08, 06:04 AM
atlpug
Driver School Candidate

Took delivery on Monday of a 2008 RX400H

Breakwater Blue
Ivory leather with birds eye maple wood
all options except ML, RES, laser cruise
also had the dealer install sirius

previous car was a voraciously thirsty ford expedition - loved that suv, but with gas prices and a recent gas shortage in atlanta, couldn't justify driving it any longer - happy to be in a gas-sipping (by comparison) lexus hybrid and so far love it too!

husband's car is 2006 bmw 330i with sport suspension - i don't like that car at all - the harsh ride isn't my taste and i'm not a performance minded driver - i like cushy comfort - my husband loves my new car, far more than my ford, but unfortunately not enough to go lexus hybrid himself
Old 11-29-08, 08:24 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Color combo:
Exterior-Silver
Interior-Light Gray
Trim-Burl walnut, a dark rich brown wood, not the yellowish or the green/gray wood trim, I was told this was the only one in the country with this wood available at the time.

Options:
Nav
18" wheels

What you drove previously:
RX330 w/ 80K miles
Old 12-26-08, 10:54 AM
ColdLexus
Driver

Smile Our new Lexus...almost

Trading in our 1997 ES300 for a 400h. Test drive was awesome, a romp through 6" of snow, icy side roads, wet & woolly highways, parking lot brake checks and acceleration tests in night time industrial areas. We were on all season OEM tires, and I will be even more impressed by the snows we will be getting installed when we pick up the RX. Headlight washers will be a pleasure to have on our winter car (our 3 season car is a BMW740i, summer car is an S2000.)
Picutures when we get them.
More to follow when we drive home our new baby.
Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-09, 10:38 AM
toyotadad
Driver School Candidate

To ensure it won't snow again in the Great Northwet, I picked up my new AWD 400h on Tuesday. Alas, convertible weather, it ain't!
Old 01-01-09, 11:39 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

2008 RX400h with NAV, Premium Plus Package, Tint, and Clearbra. Matador Red exterior, Ivory interior.

Replaced my wifes '01 Highlander.
Old 01-04-09, 06:48 PM
613DMax
Driver School Candidate

New to the site
&
New to Lexus with wifes new rig:
2008 Canadian RX400h - Granite Mica
Standard Audio System
18" Wheels
Black leather and brushed aluminum interior trim
Heated Front seats
pretty much as base as you can get while still being in a Lexus haha
Old 01-09-09, 08:51 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Sold my GS400 this past year for a white on black/red S2000. Missed my Lexus, had to come back with an RX400h!

2006 RX400h AWD
-White on Ivory w/brushed aluminum
-Navi
-Mark Levinson
-DVD
-Thundercloud Grill
Old 01-15-09, 01:20 PM
missjules
Driver School Candidate

Default New to site

Hey everyone, I'm new.

When registered I typed so fast I listed LX as my model, LOL. Anyway, bought RX400H on 1/2/09 and love it. White exterior, tan interior, love driving it. Never had a hybrid before and this is my 1st Lexus.

Previous car Acura TL

Lexus was a definate upgrade!
Old 02-04-09, 07:11 PM
jtferrari
Driver School Candidate

Default Loving the new addition....

Hi all, newbie here.

I've had my RX400H for 5 days now - love it so far. Got a great deal on a certified '07 with 5800 miles. (Scanlon Lexus in Ft. Myers was great to work with.)

-black/black
-Premium and Nav

Husband's car is a Mercedes E350, my previous car was an Acura RSX. He wants to borrow my car now
Old 02-15-09, 04:13 AM
snoboat1
Driver School Candidate

Default rid of gas guzzler

I just took the big step and sold one of the many gas guzzlers I have had for many years.

I sold my perfectly good 40K Yukon Denali, rode great, handled really well in all conditions and carried a ton of stuff and could pull a big boat. It got however between 13 and 16mpg.

I bought a used 2007 RX400h, it is fully loaded with everything including the Dynamic Cruise, which is inoperative right now.
It is chrystal white with wood grain and black accents. I used the stick on striping tape in silver to really make a different look and it looks beautiful.

I drive back and forth to Tahoe in summer and winter so I needed a car with some towing power and had to be really strong in the snow.

I do plan to pull a ski boat that weighs just to the max rating, on flats only back and forth to the river. Any comments on that.

I would like some advice on tires. I have the Michelns on it now which have 35k on them, I think its time to replace. I have used the Toyo Proxes S/T on my Yukon with the best performance in driving and snow. They were siped by Les Schwab and had fantastic handling, control and snow traction. I am condsidering these. Any other thoughts on this.

So far I have only driven in the snow once with this car and it seemed ok but not in deep snow yet. Any comments.

I am adjusting to the smaller size and enjoy the car mostly so far. I have one concern. besides the Dynamic not working, the cruise control will only adjust by 5 mile an hour increments up or down, unlike every other car I have driven that adjust by 1 mile increments.

Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by snoboat1; 02-15-09 at 04:21 AM. Reason: gramatical
Old 02-15-09, 02:41 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus, I personally dont know anything about towing in the RX. you could start a new thread in case anyone else has experience with towing.
Old 02-16-09, 08:58 AM
Iggy 1
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 Rx 400H

Can anyone tell me where there is more info that I can UNDERSTAND on the creating power screen E chart over periods of time. Make no sense to me. E's no E's then they appear?
Old 02-16-09, 02:08 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Iggy 1
Can anyone tell me where there is more info that I can UNDERSTAND on the creating power screen E chart over periods of time. Make no sense to me. E's no E's then they appear?
Iggy:
You are looking at the bar graph chart. The top of each bar indicates your gas milage every five minutes. The "E" tells you that you have generated 50 Watts of electric to charge the batteries. When you roll up to a stop or traffic the electric motors turn in to generators to charge up the battery pack and to slow you up a bit to aid in braking. When you are cruising along the motors will either drive the vehicle or charge the battery.
Take it easy on the gas pedal and you will get some real good gas milage. Just got back from 35 minutes on the road 33.5 MPG local and highway driving.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE