Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

60mph surge, known for 6 months, HOW LONG???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-07, 06:41 PM
Plug Guy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

apg, report this to the service manager of your dealership and let them know there is a tech svc bulletin on the surge now. Get the 60mph surge fix first, and see if there is any change.
Old 07-02-07, 06:58 AM
apg97
Driver School Candidate

PlugGuy. Thanks for all advice to date, and thanks for this forum. I just got back from dealership who has car now. interesting experience this morning. i talked to Srv Manager, told them we have been in there before for this surge problem, showed them the service bulletin number, and begged them to read this Forum (which they declined. They have never heard of Club Lexus??). All they were prepared to do at onset was hook me up with a tech for a test drive which proved to be a joke because the test drive was on local roads where we could not get to 60mph to simulate the condition. after return from driving, tech had a chat w manager that he couldnt replicate. well, no kidding. i pleaded that they humor me by looking up the service bulletin number that i brought to their attention in first place (thanks to this site). after a 30 min wait, the service manager came in, gushing all over himself, praising me for my patience, bla bla. They finally bothered to read the service bulletin and realized i wasnt on mushrooms.

I will let forum know if this fixed issue. i assume it will. but reason i am writing now, is the interesting cultural experience of dealing with dealers, which has certain similarities to dealing w doctors. They dont like to hear something about their area of expertise that they dont know. thanks again
Old 07-02-07, 07:37 PM
apg97
Driver School Candidate

yep, that did it. the EG013-07 fixed the surge issue. finally, at 60mph, feels like a lexus should instead of a powerless, wimpering sled driven by squirrels on a treadmill.

thanks to those before me who had perserverance to keep after lexus to fix this problem. if i didnt walk into the dealership with the service bulletin number in hand, i'd still be trying to convince them this isnt in my head.

thanks again to this site, and to Al Gore for inventing the internet
Old 07-02-07, 08:37 PM
Plug Guy
Rookie

apg, great to hear!!!!! Although a struggle to get your dealer to understand reality, at least for now it's fixed.

Dealers, inherently for some odd reason, are not 'net savvy. Not sure why this is, but it's prevalent across brands/makes/models. More are becoming aware of forums like this and others where actual information is bounced around in hopes of fact-finding, not rumor-building.

Anyway, glad it worked out in the end for you (and me) and hoping this helps so many others.

Cheers!
Old 08-01-07, 04:21 PM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
ur car probably doesn't do it.. it's not ALL of them that does it~
i think it's mostly the first ones out of the factory..
I am sure they all do it, just some folks notice and others don't. A lot of issues are noticed by few people.