Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Navi Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06, 08:19 AM
MadloR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Navi Questions

Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions...

2006 RX400 H, USA vehicle PDI'ed in Sept 2005.

a) I was wondering if Navi was available on this model w/o the Mark Levinson Sound system.

b) The vehicle I'm looking at buying, is not recognized by Lexus USA by the VIN number, as being factory built with Navi and bluetooth. Was there some kind of promotion for this vehicle when it was first offered for sale that Navi was included for a limited time being?

c) Can Navi be installed by a dealer, after the fact?

d) Is there any way to change the in vehicle display to read in i.e. miles / gallon to Km / liter, F to C (temperature), etc...

e) RX400 H delivered in the initial period of availability, are there any known faults or issues with them? (not sure if 2005 september would be considered early model period for the RX400 H or not).

f) Anybody have any experience with the LOCKPICK aftermarket device for this vehicle. Does it perform well.

g) If Navi w/ bluetooth (and not with Mark Levinson option), does the Navi display allow for a DVD movie to work with the factory default Navi Head Unit? Is the DVD inserted into the front Head Unit, if not, then where?

Thanks everyone... I am considering the purchase of a used RX400 H and in all honesty, the Original PDI'ing dealer has been less than cooperative.

MadloR
Old 11-26-06, 02:06 PM
smalcom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadloR
Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions...

2006 RX400 H, USA vehicle PDI'ed in Sept 2005.

a) I was wondering if Navi was available on this model w/o the Mark Levinson Sound system.

b) The vehicle I'm looking at buying, is not recognized by Lexus USA by the VIN number, as being factory built with Navi and bluetooth. Was there some kind of promotion for this vehicle when it was first offered for sale that Navi was included for a limited time being?

c) Can Navi be installed by a dealer, after the fact?

d) Is there any way to change the in vehicle display to read in i.e. miles / gallon to Km / liter, F to C (temperature), etc...

e) RX400 H delivered in the initial period of availability, are there any known faults or issues with them? (not sure if 2005 september would be considered early model period for the RX400 H or not).

f) Anybody have any experience with the LOCKPICK aftermarket device for this vehicle. Does it perform well.

g) If Navi w/ bluetooth (and not with Mark Levinson option), does the Navi display allow for a DVD movie to work with the factory default Navi Head Unit? Is the DVD inserted into the front Head Unit, if not, then where?

Thanks everyone... I am considering the purchase of a used RX400 H and in all honesty, the Original PDI'ing dealer has been less than cooperative.

MadloR
I can answer some of your questions:

a) Yes. Navi is available without the Levinson system.

c) I don't think so. The dash changes to accomodate the larger screen of the Navi system. The Navi also includes the backup camera.

e) Don't know of any issues that were unique to the initial rollout of the 400h. This is a Lexus, after all.

g) The DVD unit is located in the cargo area under the floor (I think). There is no way to play a DVD on the Navi system without the rear entertainment unit.
Old 11-26-06, 03:13 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your Navi DVD is a data DVD, not a video product, the Navi computer doesn't know how to decode the MPEG2-encoded Video DVD file, and would ignore it.

If you are considering an entertainment system, several are now available in the aftermarket as stand-alone systems that mount either to the overhead or in the front headrests. They are somewhat better quality and considerably less expensive than the factory RSES, and have a number of bonus features that might be useful in your application.
Old 11-29-06, 10:12 AM
MadloR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile thanks....

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Your Navi DVD is a data DVD, not a video product, the Navi computer doesn't know how to decode the MPEG2-encoded Video DVD file, and would ignore it.

If you are considering an entertainment system, several are now available in the aftermarket as stand-alone systems that mount either to the overhead or in the front headrests. They are somewhat better quality and considerably less expensive than the factory RSES, and have a number of bonus features that might be useful in your application.
Hey, thanks for the quick reply.... everyone.

follow up, can the front end unit on the Navi decode MP3 CD's and or DVD audio?

I'm guessing no, eh...

Cheers,

MadloR
Old 11-29-06, 10:23 AM
TripleDES
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it can read MP3 and WMA files I believe. You can't play DVD-A unless you have the ML.