Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

2007 GS450h will have the shark fin and Lexu link effective now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-06, 07:13 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 GS450h will have the shark fin and Lexu link effective now!

Got a memo on it this week stating that all 2007 GS450H that are being made now will have the no charge attenna which will intergrate XM and Lexus LINK for no extra cost. No word on weather or not the other 2007 GS's will get it. I just find it strange that they didn't do it from the start with the GS450h
Old 07-16-06, 03:34 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Is something that could be fairly easily retrofitted into current 450h's with just some additional wiring from the fin/antenna to the XM receiver in the rear or something similar?
Old 07-16-06, 05:03 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Is something that could be fairly easily retrofitted into current 450h's with just some additional wiring from the fin/antenna to the XM receiver in the rear or something similar?
No Clue we haven't seen one yet!
Old 07-17-06, 05:06 AM
xSnert
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by purebliss
Got a memo on it this week stating that all 2007 GS450H that are being made now will have the no charge attenna which will intergrate XM and Lexus LINK for no extra cost. No word on weather or not the other 2007 GS's will get it. I just find it strange that they didn't do it from the start with the GS450h
Hey purebliss, I'm trying to special order one of these cars right now. Do you have anything official that I can refer the dealers to? I have a feeling they're all going to say that the only option available is the little square box on the trunk for $486.
Old 07-17-06, 06:59 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xSnert
Hey purebliss, I'm trying to special order one of these cars right now. Do you have anything official that I can refer the dealers to? I have a feeling they're all going to say that the only option available is the little square box on the trunk for $486.
Don't worry all new GS450 will have it. So as long as your is a special order you will def have it! Your dealer will know tell him to look it up a memo went out about that and the new special pricing on the RX,
Old 07-18-06, 06:36 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by purebliss
My dealer said the sharkfin Lexus will be using had a patented design and Lexus was not allowed to use it in the U.S. until now. They were allowed to use it in Japan, which they have been doing. My understanding was if they could have used it the sharkfin would have been on the GS and IS in the U.S. already.
Old 07-18-06, 06:39 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Originally Posted by hendjaz
I don't know if the sharkfin can be retrofitted at all. But if it can, and that's a big if, it would not be easy. You would have to drill a hole in the roof in order to get the wires up into the sharkfin.
Old 07-18-06, 09:37 AM
xSnert
Driver School Candidate

So far, the dealer is saying the price on the factory installed XM will be $595 and the price on Lexus Link is $900. They are getting their pricing from the current GX models, and they admit they are guessing. Can you be more specific on this memo and the "special pricing on the RX"?
Old 07-18-06, 12:28 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

There is no charge for either item. Tell them to read the memo again at the bottom it says there will be no extra charge for the above items.