Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

DVD & Bluetooth bypass

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 01:36 PM
ScareyH22A
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD & Bluetooth bypass

Sorry this isn't as detailed as my previous post about the GS's but I received a request by phone from a gentleman from far away asking if the bypass was possible. Here is what I came up with.

Plug M5 behind the Multi Display.

Here was my theory.

I received an enthusiatic and excited call back from that gentlemen confirming that this procedure works 100% with no side effects.

If I get to shoot some pix of another 400H RSE soon, I'll post it up.

Last edited by ScareyH22A; 07-08-06 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 03:00 AM
jerryray
Pit Crew

Without the speed sensor, does the nav and fuel consumption work properly?

Nice work.
Old 07-10-06, 10:54 AM
ScareyH22A
Driver School Candidate

I can't confirm the fuel consumption guestimation but the navigation works flawlessly because the VSS (SPD) wire runs parallel instead of looping thru the Multi Display. Cutting the SPD at the screen does not disturb the navigation.
Old 07-14-06, 02:52 PM
jasonw
Driver School Candidate

Will this work for an 2007 RX 350?

Nice work!
Old 07-23-06, 04:38 AM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Question

Originally Posted by ScareyH22A
I can't confirm the fuel consumption guestimation but the navigation works flawlessly because the VSS (SPD) wire runs parallel instead of looping thru the Multi Display. Cutting the SPD at the screen does not disturb the navigation.
is the fuel consumtion definetly not working or do you have no feedback on that?
regard williz
Old 07-27-06, 11:54 PM
eleman73
Driver School Candidate

Default Tried Today....

I have tried the bypass today for my 2006 RX40h , It took about 20 minutes to do it, Everything works very well, navigation, phone and dvd. No problem at fuel consumption also, Thanks for the diagram......
Old 07-29-06, 08:59 PM
jerryray
Pit Crew

So you can dial while moving?
Old 07-30-06, 01:58 PM
eleman73
Driver School Candidate

Default Yes I can

I can dial and watch dvd while moving, it is worth...
Old 08-07-06, 11:39 AM
jerryray
Pit Crew

I have a RX400h, the above wiring locations do not match.

Look at this actual picture, I did this mod by adding a switch and it works great.

Use any DPDTt switch. Ground wire under one of the radio screws adjacent to the connector.

I tried finding the rear camera logic so I could force the camera on when I wanted to look back. I was not sucessful this time, perhaps later when I have more time.
Attached Thumbnails DVD & Bluetooth bypass-mod4.jpg  
Old 08-13-06, 05:57 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

HMM....

Are guys talking about the the Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES)?
If yes.. are you guys trying to bring the video signal to the LCD on front dash?

If yes again, this mod will be my priority work for the weekend.

Many thanks in advance,
J'Doc

Last edited by josephdoc; 08-31-06 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-13-06, 07:13 PM
jerryray
Pit Crew

The factory RES already works in the front. But you must have the parking brake on and be stopped. The switch enables the DVD movie to stay on for the PASSENSGER to view, becuase if you are moving you would not be watching a movie.
Old 09-01-06, 12:08 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Thx JerryRay!
I did not know I actually can watch DVD at front dash. I have the 400h for 4 months and have no chance to play any function on this car yet.
My usage on this vehicle is shifting bewteen P and D and driving for 5 minutes between home and work daily.

Now I am happy and also a bit confused!

Two totally different results from what you and the other (JerryRay and Eleman73) saying about this mod. I can't understand the reason of adding a switch for some kind of on-and-off configuration. I thought this mod should be always active for convenience reason regardless the driver is capable to drive safely or not.

Well, I guess my question is what will happen when you turn the switch in your design?

I think I will also make phone calls to check possible resolution (pre-made harness connectors) with some local auto audio/video shops.

Many thanks for your feedback again
J'Doc

Last edited by josephdoc; 09-01-06 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-01-06, 03:01 AM
jerryray
Pit Crew

The switch is in case there were something that depended on the speed sensor, I could "normal" up. Also if the dealer notices this, who knows what they might say. Their mechanics do test drive and play with the radio and stuff.

The only thing the local shops here have is a module with connectors, you pull the connecor off the display unit and then plug it in, cost $1200, results =same, except with no switch, you can't normall up.

My switch $3.99
Old 09-01-06, 10:04 AM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jerryray
The switch is in case there were something that depended on the speed sensor, I could "normal" up. Also if the dealer notices this, who knows what they might say. Their mechanics do test drive and play with the radio and stuff.

The only thing the local shops here have is a module with connectors, you pull the connecor off the display unit and then plug it in, cost $1200, results =same, except with no switch, you can't normall up.

My switch $3.99
first thanks for the very good dokumentation!
i use the switch to switch between quick dial phonebook and normal phonebook of the hands free. means when you press the of hook button on the steering weel depending of switch position quick dial or normal phonebook comes up (if normal phonebook comes up you can press quick dial on the nav screen).
regards williz
Old 09-02-06, 07:06 AM
williz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ScareyH22A
Sorry this isn't as detailed as my previous post about the GS's but I received a request by phone from a gentleman from far away asking if the bypass was possible. Here is what I came up with.

Plug M5 behind the Multi Display.

Here was my theory.

I received an enthusiatic and excited call back from that gentlemen confirming that this procedure works 100% with no side effects.

If I get to shoot some pix of another 400H RSE soon, I'll post it up.

is there anyone who knows where the connector N3 is??
i like to cut off temporarily (with a switch) the SPD (pin 5) signal from the Naigation ECU to have access to the TCM while car is moving.
this is for a european model where the software override procedure is not working.
regards
williz

Quick Reply: DVD & Bluetooth bypass