Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Neiman Marcus GS450H (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-05, 02:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Default Neiman Marcus GS450H (merged threads)

Hope this isn't a repost, did a search and didn't see a thread on it!

Don't think I'll be getting one of these under my tree this year, but would be a nice surprise for somebody... saving up all my lumps of coal for the LS460H in 2007.

Promotional page: http://www.lexus.com/NeimanMarcus/PressKit/

Press release PDF: http://www.lexus.com/NeimanMarcus/Pr...essrelease.pdf

P R E S S INF O R M AT I O N
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“All I Want for Christmas is a Neiman Marcus Edition Lexus GS Hybrid”

World’s first luxury performance hybrid sedan is retailer’s Fantasy Car for the 2005 Christmas Book

TORRANCE, Calif. (Sept. 27, 2005)What does the world’s first luxury performance
hybrid have in common with a 7’ Bacarat Christmas Tree and a jewelry chest filled with $1
million worth of estate jewelry? All will be featured in Neiman Marcus’ renowned 2005
Christmas Book, the upscale retailer’s ultimate wish book featuring the most luxurious gifts
for the holidays.

This year, the Neiman Marcus Limited-Edition 2007 Lexus GS 450h is the showcase
vehicle. Groundbreaking and simply amazing, the Lexus GS 450h is the world’s first luxury
performance sedan to use hybrid technology.

“Lexus is proud to offer this revolutionary car as part of Neiman Marcus’ fantasy line-up
of exquisite gifts for the holidays,” said Deborah Meyer, vice president of marketing for
Lexus, “The GS 450h is truly a dream car.”

Only 75 Neiman Marcus limited-edition GS hybrids will be made. Each will feature the
NM® exclusive exterior color, Crystalline Ice, a sophisticated four-coat color with a lustrous
clear coat highlighting the fluid, sculpted lines of the GS.

Designed with a new hybrid powertrain that merges a 3.5-liter direct-injection V6
engine with high-output electric-motor rear-wheel drive, the combined power is expected to
be in excess of 300HP — and it will deliver superior fuel economy and an EPA emissions
certification that is expected to meet Super Ultra-Low Emission standards. Paired with these
environmentally friendly accolades is the unsurpassed signature luxury for which Lexus is
well known. The amenities, the exquisite craftsmanship, the attention to detail — it’s all here.

The five-spoke, triple-channel wheels are the finishing exterior touch. Inside the
vehicle are supple leather and rich wood appointments, including a wood and leather-trim
three-spoke steering wheel and shift ****; sequential lighting system, illuminating in sync
with the driver’s entry process; Mark Levinson® Surround Sound, designed by the premier
designer of high-end audio components to specifically match the GS interior’s acoustics;
voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Bluetooth® technology; back-up camera with
wide-angle color image display; and the all-new power meter, replacing the tachometer. The
package also includes a coordinating car cover and two sets of floor mats with the Neiman
Marcus logo. Delivery is scheduled for Spring 2006.

To place orders, customers may call toll free (888) 747-4504 beginning promptly at
noon ET on Oct. 19, 2005. Each vehicle will be sequentially numbered. Vehicle 01 will be
donated for a charity opportunity drawing at the “Driven to Find a Cure” gala event benefiting
cancer research at Cedars-Sinai® Medical Center’s Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer
Institute.*

The Neiman Marcus Limited-Edition 2007 Lexus GS 450h is priced at $65,000.**

About Lexus
Lexus has become synonymous with luxury since its introduction in 1989. By offering some
of the finest quality luxury vehicles and providing benchmark customer service, Lexus has
remained the top-selling luxury nameplate in the United States for five years in a row. Lexus
and its 213 dealers have repeatedly achieved high honors for both the products they sell and
the customer service they provide as rated by the independent research firm of J.D. Power
and Associates.
Note to Editors: A JPEG image of the Lexus GS 450h hybrid as featured in the Neiman
Marcus Christmas book is available on:

www.Lexus.com/NeimanMarcus/PressKit

*The drawing will occur in Calif. on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2005, at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. Only Calif. residents are eligible to participate. For charity opportunity drawing details, please contact Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Board of Governors Center for Cancer Research at the Samuel Oschin
Comprehensive Cancer Institute at (310) 423-7471.
**Price excludes taxes, title, license, and registration fees. Neiman Marcus is acting as the advertiser for this
product. Lexus policy dictates the following: All sales will be conducted solely by participating authorized Lexus
dealers located in the USA. Limit of one vehicle per household. No dealer purchases permitted. Employees of a
new or used automotive dealership are not eligible to purchase. Lexus purchase certificate must be made out to
an individual, not a company or a corporation, and vehicle must be titled in the name of the person on the Lexus
purchase certificate. Purchase certificate is non-transferable. Delivery date subject to change.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-27-05 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-27-05, 02:15 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's priced at $65K. The only difference is the special paint job and exclusivity. A fully loaded GS430 is $58k, and my guesstimate for the GS450h should be in the low $60s.

Would anyone on the forum get this to have the GS450h in their driveway by the holiday season?
Old 09-27-05, 02:27 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, i got the email from Neiman Marcus this morning about the annual christmas book. pretty exciting stuff. very cool that they are taking orders for the 450h, although $65 seems a little steep IMO. won't be delivered until Spring 06, so not sure why it's on the christmas list this year

they have some other interesting goodies too - check out this $3.5M skycar prototype:
Old 09-27-05, 02:39 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Wife and I receive those Neiman Marcus Christmas special edition every year. Last year I believe they feature the BMW 6 series NM edition.

One of my client is the director of Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach. She told me those stuff on that special edition catelogue are hot items and some of their customers got busted by purchasing multiple quantities on certain items and trying to auction it off on ebay to make quick cash.

Having say that, I am not sure if this NM edition of 450h is over price since I don't even know the sticker price of the regular 450h.
Old 09-27-05, 02:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Well all I know is that color is Beautiful. I really love those rims as well.

65K sounds about right. The NM editions are uusally around a grand or two higher when equipped identical. So I'm guessing a 62-65K price. Not to bad I guess and including everything.
Old 09-27-05, 02:55 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Sorry I have to say this but why would anyone want a "Needless Markup" GS 450h :P

Although if it had a specality body kit it might be worth it...something from TRD
Old 09-27-05, 03:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Besides the Lexus ES Coach Edition, and the Mercedes Benz Saks Fifth Avenue Edition, and the Lexus SC Pebble Beach Edition, now the Lexus Neiman Marcus edition, with only 75 made? WOW.

BTW, what's the resale value of these cars over time...? And are there any special features, besides labels, etc?
Old 09-27-05, 03:13 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Nice color!
might look feminine in regular light, hard to tell.
Old 09-27-05, 03:20 PM
LexFather

If I could, I'd do it no questions asked.
Old 09-27-05, 05:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Which means a regular GS450h should be around $62-63K, just about what's expected as it comes fully loaded.
Old 09-27-05, 07:51 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If I could, I'd do it no questions asked.

I totally agree.
Old 09-28-05, 05:06 AM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neiman Marcus special edition GS450H

K you ballers out there...this one is for you:

NM Limited-Edition 2007 Lexus GS 450h

Groundbreaking and simply amazing, the Lexus® GS 450h is the world's first luxury hybrid performance sedan.

• Designed with a new hybrid powertrain that merges a 3.5-liter direct-injection V6 engine with high-output electric motor rear-wheel drive, the combined power is expected to be in excess of 300HP—and will deliver superior fuel economy and an EPA emissions certification that is expected to meet Super Ultra Low-Emission standards.
• Paired with these environmentally friendly accolades is the unsurpassed luxury Lexus is known for. The amenities, the exquisite craftsmanship, the attention to detail—it's all here.
• Neiman Marcus is pleased to offer this revolutionary car. Only 75 Neiman Marcus Editions will be made. Each will feature the NM® exclusive exterior color, Crystalline Ice, a sophisticated four-coat color with a lustrous clear coat highlighting its prismatic richness and highlighting the fluid, sculpted lines of the GS. The five-spoke, triple-channel wheels are the finishing exterior touch.
• Inside, you will find supple leather and rich wood appointments, including a wood and leather-trim three-spoke steering wheel and shift ****; sequential lighting system, illuminating in sync with the driver's entry process; Mark Levinson® Surround Sound, designed by the premier designer of high-end audio components to specifically match the GS interior's acoustics; voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Bluetooth® technology; back-up camera with wide-angle color image display; and the all-new power meter, replacing the tachometer.
• Your package also includes a coordinating car cover and two sets of floor mats with the Neiman Marcus logo. Delivery is scheduled for Spring 2006.
• To place your order, please call 1.888.747.4504 beginning promptly at noon EDT on October 19, 2005. Each vehicle will be sequentially numbered. Vehicle 01 will be donated for a charity opportunity drawing at the "Driven to Find a Cure" gala event benefiting cancer research at Cedars-Sinai® Medical Center's Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute.

The drawing will occur in California on Wednesday, November 16, 2005, at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. Only California residents are eligible to participate. For charity opportunity drawing details, please contact Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Board of Governors Center for Cancer Research at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at 1.310.423.7471.

To learn more about the performance, technology and history of the Lexus GS 450h, please visit www.lexus.com.

Price excludes taxes, title, license, and registration fees. Neiman Marcus is acting as the advertiser for this product. Lexus policy dictates the following: All sales will be conducted solely by participating authorized Lexus dealers located in the USA. Limit of one vehicle per household. No dealer purchases permitted. Employees of a new or used automotive dealership are not eligible to purchase. Lexus purchase certificate must be made out to an individual, not a company or a corporation, and vehicle must be titled in the name of the person on the Lexus purchase certificate. Purchase certificate is non-transferable. Delivery date subject to change.
Item
Price $65,000.00
Old 09-28-05, 07:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Old 09-28-05, 07:42 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Repost. Dave GS4 beat ya to it. He just posted this the other day in the 3rd Gen forum

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180361
Old 09-28-05, 07:46 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tetra7
Price $65,000.00
Which means fully loaded (without PCS & ACC), the regular GS450h will cost about $63k since most special-edition Lexus vehicles cost about $2k more than the regular ones.

$63k is a lot!! Especially considering it's only a V6 and a fully loaded (without PCS & ACC) GS300 costs only about $53k. The electric drivetrain and the extra 0.5L displacement together will have to justify that $10k premium. Even a loaded (without PCS & ACC) GS430 costs only about $58k, and it has a V8!

Sure, the GS450h may have a better performance than the GS430 (as suggested by the nomenclature) and a fuel economy better than the GS300, but is it $5k better than the GS430 and $10k better than the GS300? One has to wonder...

EDIT: Ah...so it's already been discussed and most seem to agree such pricing is expected. Very well then.

Quick Reply: Neiman Marcus GS450H (merged threads)