HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Tire Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-14, 06:37 PM
gudnason
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put Michelin Primacy for the summer very happy but I have separate rims and I put Firelli Winter tires on in the winter. My Toyo tires lasted 35k, I called Toyo and they said there is no warranty if they were installed on a new car.
Old 08-24-14, 02:46 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

35K? That's pretty good. Mine only lasted 25k. They were Z or W rated, so not expected to last too long anyway.
Old 08-24-14, 03:24 PM
nht48823
Rookie

tirerack has this tire with the best reviews and and its not going to break the bank...anyone has any experience with this tire on this car
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus Grand Touring All-Season
Old 08-25-14, 01:07 AM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nht48823
tirerack has this tire with the best reviews and and its not going to break the bank...anyone has any experience with this tire on this car
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus Grand Touring All-Season
A friend of mine at work had them on his Mazda Speed 3. They gave very good in traction dry, acceptable traction in light rain when the vehicle was driven moderately aggressive. In heavy rain, they had mediocre traction when cornering or going through water filled ruts on the Interstate. He didn't use them in snow since he had dedicated traction tires. His tire size is the same as the 18 inch rim HS250h. Despite constant tire rotations and inflation checks, he only got 50,000 miles of tread life as opposed to their 70,000 mile tread life. Also, they do give a harder ride as compared to the Michelin Primacy MXM4.
Old 08-25-14, 07:36 AM
nht48823
Rookie

Originally Posted by 850R
A friend of mine at work had them on his Mazda Speed 3. They gave very good in traction dry, acceptable traction in light rain when the vehicle was driven moderately aggressive. In heavy rain, they had mediocre traction when cornering or going through water filled ruts on the Interstate. He didn't use them in snow since he had dedicated traction tires. His tire size is the same as the 18 inch rim HS250h. Despite constant tire rotations and inflation checks, he only got 50,000 miles of tread life as opposed to their 70,000 mile tread life. Also, they do give a harder ride as compared to the Michelin Primacy MXM4.
Thank you. I guess going with Michelin Primacy would be a better choice...at least from what I read so far...70 $ rebate all said and done it will be around 700 tax and installation. anything else would be around 600 so saving of 100 bucks might not be not worth at least with this awesome car
Old 10-22-14, 10:52 PM
850R
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Update - I have now put on 2500 miles on my new set of MXM4 tires. The vehicle is still getting about 2 MPG less than the original Toyos with 3/32" tread. We have been getting lots of rain out west. Today, it rained nearly 2 inches and we had some localized flooding. The HS250h did amazingly well with the Michelins. Traction was excellent and the vehicle felt sure footed, even on standing water while travelling at Interstate speeds. So far, tread wear has been negligible.
Old 10-23-14, 08:40 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

New tires always get worse mileage than old worn tires. Their mileage will improve with age and several thousand miles. New tires are larger and stiffer with more rolling resistance than old worn tires.
Old 11-13-14, 08:05 AM
percyklein
Driver School Candidate

Default Pirelli Versus Michelin and Conti

Originally Posted by nht48823
tirerack has this tire with the best reviews and and its not going to break the bank...anyone has any experience with this tire on this car Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus Grand Touring All-Season
I'm about to have that experience. Have had the LS 460 Sport 2010 (first of its kind) and made them put all-seasons on it when bought (came with summer tires, which is kind of like inviting winter suicide in Alexandria VA and Washington DC). Have only 38,000 miles on the car. Tires -- it's out getting a dent fixed at the moment and I can't remember what are on it now (probably Dunlops), so I'll have to post that when I get it back -- probably would last until next Spring, but they've done well to go as far as they have and winter's coming. The tires I have now have never performed well in snow or on ice. I'm hoping the Pirellis will improve this.

I considered the Conti Extremecontact DWS and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. However, I no longer seek the very edge in dry weather performance (Michelins seem best for this, if rough-riding and way noisy compared to the other two) and need to get through the snows when they come along (Michelins flunk at this, reportedly). The Contis were appealing, and are said to have the edge in handling on dry pavement and to perform even better than the Pirellis in snow and on ice, but are less durable (e.g., when encountering potholes) than the Pirellis, their tread life is considerably shorter, and they seem to be noisier than the Pirellis.

In short, I no longer need ultra high performance tires. Grand touring seems more appropriate. Pirellis, if one has to deal with snow and ice now and then, look like the pick. I certainly hope so!

Last edited by percyklein; 11-13-14 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-24-14, 04:50 PM
vietboy1st
Rookie

Talking

The best place for you to buy your tire with rebate. Before you buy it. you can do some research on youtube if you don't like reading because there are a ton of information. I did some search and look at the reviews of the tire from different dealers / personal users on youtube.. Also looking for the good brand name with high reputation before i buy em. also looking at the rebate offer as well. Hope this will help.
http://www.tirerack.com/
Old 12-03-14, 06:07 AM
gudnason
Driver School Candidate

Default Tires on Lexus hs250h

I recommend Michelin Primacy to a friend because I bought them in the spring and I am very pleased. He went in to buy a set and was told they have been discontinued????
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Michelin replied:
We are so glad to hear that you are pleased with your tires. And apologize that some of the Primacy MXV4 tires in various sizes have been discontinued, and replaced with our newest tire the Premier A/S tire. We would like to assist your friend in finding the right tire fitment for his vehicle.

Please suggest to your friend that he call us at the number below so that we may assist.
Old 12-03-14, 06:46 AM
gudnason
Driver School Candidate

I recommend Michelin Primacy to a friend because I bought them in the spring and I am very pleased. He went in to buy a set and was told they have been discontinued????
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Michelin replied:
We are so glad to hear that you are pleased with your tires. And apologize that some of the Primacy MXV4 tires in various sizes have been discontinued, and replaced with our newest tire the Premier A/S tire. We would like to assist your friend in finding the right tire fitment for his vehicle.

Please suggest to your friend that he call us at the number below so that we may assist.
Old 12-22-14, 05:26 PM
drklain
Driver School Candidate

You can still get them on tirerack dot com.

Dave
Old 01-03-15, 04:38 PM
babbles
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire Repalacement

I got my latest toyos off ebay for $525 for 4, which included shipping. The pair before that I got for $625 including shipping also on ebay. I am addicted to ebay!
Old 12-11-16, 05:31 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyone have experience with both the Michelin MXM4 and Pilot Sport AS3+ and willing to offer a comparison? Trying to choose between the two, to replace the MXM4's on my HS now. Got 43k out of them, not bad. They look to be about the same price too, though Discount Tire near me would need to special order the AS3+ in my size. Just wondering if it's worth switching. MXM4's are OK, would rather not sacrifice much to get better handling, but if the AS3+ is better all around with no sacrifice I'd like to know :-).
Old 01-21-17, 03:37 AM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm on my 3rd set of tires. Original set was Toyo Proxies and they lasted about 40k miles. I got the Cooper CS5 Touring set and they last around 25K miles which is a big disappointment. The Cooper CS5 tires were very quiet but the treadwear went down so fast. I just replaced them with Continental PureContact. They are running fine for the first 500 miles.

Quick Reply: Tire Replacement