HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Navigation system problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-13, 11:29 PM
toomeypj
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation system problem

In general, the navigation system in my HS250h is good in the city and I like the large view screen, but I have problems using it out in the more rural areas. Today I was driving on a state road in Washington State and turned onto some scenic back roads to do some exploring. The route to my original destination was not recalculated and did not show how to get back to the main road. I deleted the destination and then put it back in again, the voice said something like "proceed to the starting point to begin driving directions", but there was no purple starting point indicated on the map at my 700 foot viewing scale, just the local side roads that I was driving on. So I switched to the .25 mi. viewing scale and all of the local roads disappeared and there was nothing indicated. The starting point finally showed when I switched to the 1 mi. viewing scale. There was no way to use it except to go back to the 700 foot scale and try to find a road that went in the general direction indicated by the destination arrow, but using that scale I could not tell which roads went to my starting point.
Does anyone know how to show more detail when you bump up to a higher scale? My old Garmin has a setting for this but I don't want to Velcro it to the dash unless I have to. The Garmin also shows the starting point from your current position. My HS250h has the original maps and software from late 2009 when it was built. Does upgrading your maps give you any changes in the software?
Old 06-18-13, 05:30 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try reading here:
http://lexusnavigation.com/show_map.php?USA_1_Map.gif

Look at the map coverage for WA. Looks like the area you were in wasn't covered, so no turn by turn direction.

It might pay to update if you plan on keeping the car. Enter your VIN and see what changes.
Old 06-18-13, 05:49 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also try reading under "Release Notes" (.pdf) and go to your state and see whats changed.

I'm going to look a little harder at this before I update. Maybe I'll wait until the next update because it look like for me, not enough changes to justify $169.
Old 06-24-13, 02:58 PM
toomeypj
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation Woes

Thanks for the advice Airman; I think I will hold off on the update until next year as I couldn't get a definitive answer if turn-by-turn navigation is available in all areas of Jefferson County. They only told me that a few streets were added. For now I am going to mount a round disk right over where it would say "Mark Levinson" if I had that option, then use the suction cup mount on my Garmin when I explore the back roads. The Lexus navigation is okay in major areas and I don't want my Garmin stuck out for thieves to see.
Old 06-13-15, 11:26 PM
Ybzjolan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calibrate.

Can someone teach me how to fix my navigation system? Cause can't fix it. The problem is my navigation system is not calibrating. I don't know why.