HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Spontaneous change in climate control temperature setting

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-13, 10:21 AM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spontaneous change in climate control temperature setting

I always have the climate control set to "Automatic" and "Dual." Yesterday I set the temperature for both driver and passenger to 20.5C (69F). When I started the car this morning both temperature settings were 19C (66F)! I reset each temperature to 20C (68F). I drove to do some errands and when I got in the car after my last stop I noticed that both settings now were 21C (70F). BTW, no one else drives the car so human intervention can be ruled out as the cause.

This same phenomenon has occurred once or twice previously during the 2+ years I've owned the car. Because it was so intermittent (and the temperature variation so small) I ignored it. However, now that it has happened two times within 24 hours my curiosity is aroused. What's especially puzzling is that both the driver's and the passenger's temperature settings change at the same time and in the identical amount even though I use the Dual setting.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea what's going on?
Old 05-18-13, 06:17 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

This is interesting as I had the same thing happen a few times when I first got my new ES350. I would find the temperature setting changed when I started the car and was starting to think it was something that was supposed to happen. After just a few days and before I took it in to ask the dealer it stopped doing it and I don't believe it has happened since. I do see the temp changed from what I thought it was occasionally but am assuming it is just my wife who is changing it unlike the previous times when I was the only driver.

Dave Mac