HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Hybrid August sales

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 11:10 AM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid August sales

HS still being sold as a new car, not many but still alive. And, on a side note here is an article defining the worst cars of all times and surprisingly, the HS is not listed. I mean, you would think the one car Lexus Edseled during it's introductory model would certainly make the list? No?

http://puregreencars.com/Green-Cars-...cle-sales.html

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/f...-all-time.html
Old 09-19-12, 07:13 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey! We outsold the LS600h, and not too far behind the much-ballyhooed GS450h and M35h. Actually, it looks like most luxury hybrids are struggling to find buyers, especially the Germans. Interesting that Toyota still has 90% market share - even the C and V versions of the Prius are stomping on the competition.
Old 09-24-12, 10:14 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ??

Originally Posted by CurryPot
Noticed you own 300h - you don't belong to this forum - do you? This is for 250h owners!

As for the article - in all probability that was written by another person for whom grapes were sour! If we started going by these articles, it'll be tough to live a life.
Old 09-24-12, 03:23 PM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that link CurryPot, and thanks for stopping by to let us know how bad the HS was. Not that we haven't seen the link before, it has been posted several times right here on this forum. I even sent the author of that article an email asking him to explain how he arrived at his rather arbitrary ratings. He even lists the first Prius as one of the worst? In reality the author, Jeff Sabatini could be one of the 50 most unknowledgeable authorities on automobiles. In my email I told him about my first car, a 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook automatic – Plymouth’s very first automatic transmission, the HY-DRIVE. It was in essence their standard manual three on the tree transmission with a slush box torque converter attached to the front end with their infamous hydraulic overload valve that would dump converter oil whenever the transmission would over heat. You see, you could drive the car as either a manual or an automatic – made no difference. The only thing was - you had to race the engine to get it moving as an automatic, and hence occasionally (like every other day) over heat the slush box oil. Thousands of people including myself and my buddies, all across America had to sit and wait patiently for the dump valve to close again before we could continue on. And the car was just about the slowest car of all time taking 21 seconds to go from 0-60 with a top in of 75 mph. Add to those credentials the fact it had the gas filler tube in the trunk where it spilled gas all over and stunk. Now That car, Mr. Sabatini was one of the worst cars of all time - NOT the HS. .And to add insult to injury, like CurryPot, my dad couldn't resist from smiling like the Cheshire cat every time I complained.