HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

two questions on interior gadgets....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 06:10 PM
jbripps
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two questions on interior gadgets....

hello all,

still on my first tank, but not for much longer...cruise distance is down to 40 miles...from what the manual advises, once the low fuel light comes on, there is 2.2 gallons of gas left, and I see from some prior posts...some say it's more like 4? Is that true?

Anyhow, 2 questions....is there a filter for ion filtration? and if so, where is it?

Also, can't seem to figure out the tire pressure guage in the dash settings....what figures are for what tires? no order I see...searched the manuals for both issues to no avail.

Any advise appreciated!!!

Best,
J
Old 03-12-12, 06:27 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

welcome to the forum! I don't have a definitive answer on the fuel, but I generally refill once I get to about 20 miles left on the display, which is about when the light comes on, and I generally put 11-11.5 gallons in (to the shutoff). So yeah maybe there's 2 gallons left to the listed capacity. There may be a bit more in there, either that you can't trust to supply your engine in a turn, or is just there for extra insurance since running out of gas does bad things to your injectors. Feel free to test the limit, but I'd rather trust the guys that designed it and fill it up when they want me to - kind of an expensive car to mess up :-)

No idea where the interior filter is, but on many cars it's behind the glove box.

There is no set location for those tire pressures, and even if you figured it out, it would change every time you rotated the tires. So just watch them, and if one is low then do a visual inspection to see which one it is.
Old 03-12-12, 08:54 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no filter for the "ion" filtration. Actually it's call Plasmacluster and it sends out positive and negative ions from the drivers side air vent to make the air fresh with the windows closed like on long trips. There is a cabin air filter behind the little removable panel in the glove box though. You can turn it on as a pollen filter by pressing the button to the right of the "ion" button. But remember, it turns on the A/C and puts it into recirc for about 3 minutes before it goes back to fresh air mode.

As for the low fuel light. The only thing I can find is in the manual, it says if you run the tank dry, it takes 2.6 gal to turn off the low fuel light. I think there are some threads about this many pages back in this forum.
Old 03-12-12, 09:21 PM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I found in previous posts

Originally Posted by jbripps
hello all,

still on my first tank, but not for much longer...cruise distance is down to 40 miles...from what the manual advises, once the low fuel light comes on, there is 2.2 gallons of gas left, and I see from some prior posts...some say it's more like 4? Is that true?

Anyhow, 2 questions....is there a filter for ion filtration? and if so, where is it?

Also, can't seem to figure out the tire pressure guage in the dash settings....what figures are for what tires? no order I see...searched the manuals for both issues to no avail.

Any advise appreciated!!!

Best,
J
JB....I was looking for the sam thing when I got the 250H in Feb. I found it in some previous post. Can't remember the exact order at the moment, but it begins with rear then front.