HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

No more 250h for the US

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-11, 10:44 AM
RJQMAN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moolman
Sorry, my HS is Starfire Pearl with Beige interior. I had a black interior GS350 and decided to go beige this time. I really can't sell my car until next year when the Prius Plug in supposedly comes out in April 2012, I am on the pre-order list, so I'm hoping for the best. Actually, I was thinking of doing a lease swap, where someone takes over the payments for the remainder of the lease and of course they can purchase the car from Lexus at the end of the lease but it also gives you time to try out the car before buying or just returning it to Lexus. My payments are under $450 a month with tax and I put nothing down, so I did get an excellent deal, it was during the slow HS sales days when they couldn't give the car away..haha...
Thanks anyway - she is determined to have a black interior no matter what car she ends up with - she has had bad luck with lighter interiors. I appreciate the response.
Old 11-09-11, 04:24 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I read today that Lexus has killed off the HS250 due to poor sales.
Old 11-09-11, 05:34 PM
DDS62
Driver

Where did you read it?
Old 11-09-11, 06:08 PM
DDS62
Driver

EDSELED!

http://www.dailytech.com/Quick+Note+...ticle23229.htm
Old 11-09-11, 08:49 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I read today that Lexus has killed off the HS250 due to poor sales.
It'd be sad if Lexus killed off the HS 250h. Just today I spotted two HS's, a white one in Moreno Valley and a grey one in Monrovia, CA
Old 11-10-11, 02:02 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the link is actually a BLOG not a source. So if you go to the sources, they basically seemingly read this thread and did a write-up B/C there is nothing there we didn't speculate or know.

Brilliiant
Old 11-10-11, 03:21 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
So the link is actually a BLOG not a source. So if you go to the sources, they basically seemingly read this thread and did a write-up B/C there is nothing there we didn't speculate or know.

Brilliiant
Exactly. Toyota/Lexus hasn't made any official annoucements/statements. On the Lexus.com website it does show a 2012 HS 250h model.

http://www.lexus.com/models/HSh/
Old 11-11-11, 08:10 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it will be dis-continued, so far we haven't heard anything direct from lexus.

the HS seems to do pretty well in so cal, I do see lotta them around, my dad also seems to love it. He says it's very stable when taking it up to 90 mph. However, it seems to get 32-33 mpg average on normal driving and goes up to 34 to 35 when u limit your max speed to 65 mph.
Old 11-11-11, 12:10 PM
DDS62
Driver

I really hope you are correct. Frankly I am quite disgusted at the likelihood of the HS being dropped. I have been in denial also for the past three weeks, but now I believe that RJQMAN has it right. If you do a "Google" you will find a dozen more new articles that make mention of it's demise. They all could be rumors originating from this very thread, but as time moves on the old adage "Where there's smoke there's fire" starts ringing true.. Indeed if it is a rumor Lexus needs to step up and make a statement. because it will be seen as a truth in very short while and be just another blemish on the Lexus name.
Old 11-12-11, 02:20 AM
zmisst
Rookie

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
I doubt that the ES will have the features of the HS.
what tech or other features does the HS have that the new ES hybrid won't have? maybe the new ES will have entune like the camry and prius v.
Old 11-14-11, 11:58 AM
Cambrian
Driver School Candidate

FWIW, I just bought a new HS250h last Friday. Traded in my ailing LS400 (2000) with 130K miles on it. I test drove lots of different cars (new and s/h) but the HS just felt right.

There were 4 or 5 of these cars on the lot, all standard models (no high-tech radar/HUD/etc.). I chose a nice starfire pearl (white) one with light tan interior. So far, I LOVE it.

So, OT, my sales lady told me that they were NOT going to be getting any more and the car would be phased out in the US. Doesn't bother me one bit though.

Cheers,
Dave F.
Old 11-14-11, 06:01 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I read this thread. I read that blog. I talked to my dealer. Then I checked out the 2012's on the lot and for sale on the internet. None for sale with the tech package, BTW. So far I can not come up with the same information that I am getting here.

If they were going to kill off the HS for sales volume, or lack of , then why not kill off the GS, of which they only sold 266 units in October? Why not kill off the LS600h? Starting at around $115K, you don't exactly see one of those all the time next to you at the stop lights!

At any rate, the HS certainly is a controversial car that has a love it or hate it relationship with both the dealers and the Lexus purists. I think a lot the the talk about dropping it comes from those ideals. Anyways, we shall see. And even if they do drop it, it won't be like owning a Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer, or Olds. Those things are valueless due to the entire company being phased out, unlike just a model drop like this would be. They sell real well in Japan so parts would never be an issue. Ever try to get parts for your Daihatsu or your Simca????

Anyways, I placed an order for one back in May when gas was $4.00 per gallon and my dealer sold the 10 he had on his lot in about a week. I had to have the LED headlights, Premium and tech package. Well, it finally came in in late October, which gave me plenty of time to check out all the other cars which compete with the HS. The Fusion, Sonata, Camry (2011), Buick (E-assist) and the Lincoln.

The blog mentions the Lincoln, and it's might be a close second, but when you take a look at it, you'll see it just does not have that "Lexus" build quality or feel to it. It feels cheap and the switch gear is funky feeling. It doesn't have that "Euro" feel to it when you drive it like the HS does. Even she said when we left the dealership, "you do what you want, but you'll be sorry if you buy that cheap thing". Sometimes women have some pretty good intuition !!!! I myself couldn't get over the fact that the Lincoln was a cheaply made MEXICAN car.

Not one of them had the build quality and the technology that the HS has. Not even close. My second choice after almost 6 months of waiting and test driving would have been the 2012 Prius Five 3rd generation with advanced tech package and the Plus Package. But, (flame suit on here) I couldn't get over the connotations that the Prius carry. By that I mean that most people on the outside think of the Prius as "DORKY."

Anyways, I pulled the trigger on mine October 31st, so I was one of the 205 last month. I love it so far and with 1000 or so miles, I'm already at 38 to 39 mpg's and I'm just learning to drive it. The LED, swiveling, adaptive headlights are by far the best headlights I have ever had on a car so far. They are amazing. All my old BMW M3's had terrible headlights and I was always trying to find just the right headlight, from "euro" lights to high powered bulbs. Nothing matches these LED's, and they were worth the wait !!!!

So now after reading the entire owners manual, (WOW), and after I recover financially, I plan to start modding it somewhat. And some way, some how, I plan on coming up with the entire factory workshop service manuals for it. That's going to be a BIG job !!!

Pictures and more to come soon....................
Old 11-14-11, 09:17 PM
Trexus

Originally Posted by Cambrian
FWIW, I just bought a new HS250h last Friday. Traded in my ailing LS400 (2000) with 130K miles on it. I test drove lots of different cars (new and s/h) but the HS just felt right.

There were 4 or 5 of these cars on the lot, all standard models (no high-tech radar/HUD/etc.). I chose a nice starfire pearl (white) one with light tan interior. So far, I LOVE it.

So, OT, my sales lady told me that they were NOT going to be getting any more and the car would be phased out in the US. Doesn't bother me one bit though.

Cheers,
Dave F.
Originally Posted by TheAirman
Anyways, I pulled the trigger on mine October 31st, so I was one of the 205 last month. I love it so far and with 1000 or so miles, I'm already at 38 to 39 mpg's and I'm just learning to drive it. The LED, swiveling, adaptive headlights are by far the best headlights I have ever had on a car so far. They are amazing. All my old BMW M3's had terrible headlights and I was always trying to find just the right headlight, from "euro" lights to high powered bulbs. Nothing matches these LED's, and they were worth the wait !!!!

So now after reading the entire owners manual, (WOW), and after I recover financially, I plan to start modding it somewhat. And some way, some how, I plan on coming up with the entire factory workshop service manuals for it. That's going to be a BIG job !!!

Pictures and more to come soon....................
Congratulations guys on getting the HS 250h. If it does get discontinued then the HS will be rare. Take care and happy driving...can't wait to see the pictures of your HS.
Old 11-15-11, 10:41 AM
Trexus

It appears the writing is on the wall. We just have to read it. The HS will most definitely be phased out for 2012 and nothing after that.

http://view.autos.ibemail.com/?j=fe8..._campaign=&r=0

At least the HS will still be alive in Japan and other countries. Long live the HS 250h.

http://lexus.jp/models/hs/index.html
Old 11-15-11, 07:15 PM
DDS62
Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus
It appears the writing is on the wall. We just have to read it. The HS will most definitely be phased out for 2012 and nothing after that.

http://view.autos.ibemail.com/?j=fe8..._campaign=&r=0

At least the HS will still be alive in Japan and other countries. Long live the HS 250h.

http://lexus.jp/models/hs/index.html
I agree, Trexus but as Mike & Mike above make note, all of these articles are indecisive. The one you link to is obviously a direct result of the author reading this thread. The thing "IS", is the number of Lexus sales people across the country that have made acknowledgment to their customers that indeed the car is history. Please don't include my sales person in that honorable group! He made an unnecessary effort to convince me it would not be dropped. It seems Lexus the company and it's less than straight forward sales persons have made every effort to keep the info from the public. This will come back to haunt them. Just as the reliability of Lexus automobiles have taken a body blow in the past couple of years, now their perch upon the highest pinnacle of customer satisfaction will also. In fact you really must weight the possibility it already has. The HS is not that bad of a car.

Quick Reply: No more 250h for the US