HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Weird issues I had with my HS250

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 10:47 AM
acheparev
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird issues I had with my HS250

I had some weird issues that the dealer techs couldn't fix on 2 different occasions.

First was a squeaking noise coming from my seat. I finally realized that it's an over tightened bolt on the seat belt attachment on the right side of the driver's seat. I finally just put some lube on it and it stopped.

Second was a rattling noise coming from the left dash/windshield area at above 40 mph. The dealer just sprayed lube on the dash and windshield on the left side which just made a mess. I finally discovered that the noise is from 2 plastic inserts under the hood in the rain catch, where the windshield wipers rest. The plastic is very loosely fitted and rattles at high speed from wind. I wound up putting a small dot of superglue to keep it from rattling and it fixed the problem.

Kind of annoying to have to deal with something so minor by myself in "luxury" car.
Old 09-08-11, 06:12 PM
JayGoldste
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acheparev
Kind of annoying to have to deal with something so minor by myself in "luxury" car.
Regardless of make or model, in my experience it's pretty hard to get service departments to fix interior squeaks, rattles, etc. Owners find those noises annoying, but it may be hard for a tech to replicate them in the shop or on a short test drive.

My story: the lid on the console bin of my HS250h tended to rattle until the interior warmed up. I used two small pieces of rubber with self-adhesive backing to shim the latch. That stopped the rattle for a couple of months. When the rubber pieces became too compressed to do any good, I would replace them (about a 30 second task). When I had the car in the first service I asked the service manager to see what they could do about the rattle. He reported back that the tech said that my fix was as good as anything he could think of. I still am not sure whether to feel proud of my problem-solving ability or upset that nothing was done by the dealership.

Last edited by JayGoldste; 09-10-11 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-08-11, 07:25 PM
acheparev
Driver

One more annoyance. The coin holder needs something that holds the coins down while driving. If you put any amount of quarters in it, it rattles horribly. I thought of using weather stripping foam tape to put on the inside of the lid so that it compresses and holds the coins when closed.
Old 09-09-11, 08:20 PM
11oops
Driver School Candidate

I don't use the coin holder for that exact reason -- the noise drives me nuts. I also have an intermittent noise coming from somewhere above the driver's left shoulder -- something is vibrating with certain frequencies from the stereo. It sounds like it's either in the seatbelt contraption or somewhere else in the pillar, but sometimes just opening and then closing the window will make it go away.

This car definitely doesn't feel like it has the same build quality as my old ES. The easiest way to demonstrate that is just by comparing the sound of a door closing.
Old 12-17-12, 08:05 PM
charleslee
Driver School Candidate

RX350: Windshield wiper squeeking is intermittent, independent of wiper speed, amount of water on windshield, and cannot be easily reproduced. Service manager said it is the passenger side wiper arm. But switching on the wiper with the blade iifted cannot reproduce squeeking sound