HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Illuminated Door Sills Thread (Updated 01/04/11)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-10, 03:27 PM
LexFather

Alright working with Sewell to make this happen. They also have updated their website and priced the rear sills.
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2010/4552.html

Update
1/04/11
-Okay Darrel just checked and the non Touring HS is not pre-wired for this door sill so its NOT plug and play. So this would require it needing to be wired by yourself or an independent shop to get the lights to work. Otherwise they will fit but not light up without it being wired.

Also rear sills are not illuminated but just the steel plate.

(EDIT)The Clublexus GB price is around $530 for all 4 sills using the discount code "Mike" before shipping. You can buy front sills only and rear sills only. A set is considered 2 sills front or 2 sills rear.

Front sills Retail-$717.16, Clublexus price-$398.00, GB ClubLexus price- $374.12

Rear sills Retail-$267.52, Clublexus price- $164.52, GB Clublexus price-$154.65

Looking at pics, they light up white, not blue. We still need to see if the rear sills are plug in play like the front sills but its proving tough to find a Touring HS to fact find.

There are no sills in the country as of now, so inventory would need to be ramped up and again it depends on demand. Damn yen ain't friendly either Sewell expects to have the ivory ones in stock around 1/20/11. Sewell has stated they are ready for your order but be patient as they have to arrive from Japan first.

So if you are still interested after reading those details, please chime back in, thanks!

Group Buy

1.1sick

Last edited by LexFather; 01-04-11 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-31-10, 11:18 PM
A320pilot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2. A320pilot - I'm in for Front and Rear
Old 01-03-11, 02:35 AM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by allturbo
you can find them on ebay....
Looked and found nothing specific to the HS250h...
Any link to where you saw them?
Old 01-04-11, 07:18 AM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in the front sills. Note: My car has the beige ("parchment") interior; the Sewell link posted only shows tan and black options.
Old 01-04-11, 10:02 AM
LexFather

There is nothing on e-bay I searched all over. These sills are hard to get b/c there isn't much HS volume being sold and Touring package where these sills are standard seems to be as rare as it gets for a Lexus. Thus the pricing can't get much lower for the GB but to me its a good price.

Originally Posted by YotaCarFan
I'm interested in the front sills. Note: My car has the beige ("parchment") interior; the Sewell link posted only shows tan and black options.
I assume beige "parchment" is tan for the link.
I am also assuming those with "water grey" interiors order the black sills since the black/water grey interiors seem to share the same color black in the sill.
Old 01-04-11, 01:10 PM
LexFather

Okay updated again. Big thanks to Darrel at Sewell Lexus for making this happen. The discount code is posted as is the pricing. You will also note you can buy just the front's only. I am going to check tomorrow to see for myself what can be done and will likely order anyway b/c anything looks better than that black plastic sill

Last edited by LexFather; 01-04-11 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-04-11, 08:34 PM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not convinced that the colors will match. It appears that the Touring trim level may have a different interior color scheme from, say, the Premium package. My HS is the Premium trim with the parchment interior, and the door sills are dark brown. They are not black or tan. The carpet is black, but the sills definitely are not. Do these light up sills come in brown?
Old 01-30-11, 03:32 AM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Okay updated again. Big thanks to Darrel at Sewell Lexus for making this happen. The discount code is posted as is the pricing. You will also note you can buy just the front's only. I am going to check tomorrow to see for myself what can be done and will likely order anyway b/c anything looks better than that black plastic sill
Did you get these sills yet? If yes, any pics? If yes, any DIY in regards to getting the fronts to light up?
Old 01-30-11, 08:00 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by A320pilot
Did you get these sills yet? If yes, any pics? If yes, any DIY in regards to getting the fronts to light up?
Hey,

The HS is a family members and I tried to figure out how to take the sills off to no luck. I think there are 3 or 4 plastic brackets that pop off. Going to try to get directions as I didn't want to break it. Hope to finish that part this weekend and investigate, from there the sills will be ordered.

I was hoping to find a local Touring HS with the sills but no luck so far.
Old 01-31-11, 06:19 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

These are available for the GS too... every time I've looked at it I've choked on how much the asking price is and put it out of my mind.

Standard running plates on the GS are brushed metal already though, so it's not as big of a step up. If I had plastic plates I'd be more interested in laying out the cash.
Old 04-06-11, 10:44 AM
mitar84
Driver School Candidate

Hi..have a problem... I have picked up my car from a service today ( problems with some scrath and repainted ) and noticed that my Illuminated door plate sill ( logo thresholds ) beneath the door... doesn't turn on anymore. The lights should be blue... There are a problems with the fuse, or may be something else? there is someone who had this problem?

Thank you !
Old 04-11-11, 07:28 AM
Titanjose
Driver School Candidate

I remember following this thread a month ago hoping that someone will update us on the install. No luck.

Today, I found someone post detailed video instructions in the CT forum on how to install these sills on a CT...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...r-install.html

Would the installation be the same in the HS? I would think that it would be ok to follow the same instructions for the CT and apply it to the HS? If its that simple, i'm seriously thinking about getting one and installing them myself.
Old 06-17-11, 09:22 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

I am interested in any aftermarket appearance parts that fit this car, but with the exception of wheels and wood-grained plastic dash trim, they are hard to find. If anyone has an inside track to finding things that fit this car, from sill plates to exterior skirts, etc., please PM me or post the info. Thanks.
Old 06-27-12, 10:54 AM
ceads9
Driver

im new here can we still get these ? if so how hard are they to hook up ? contact person?
Thanks Eads
Old 08-04-12, 10:17 AM
ceads9
Driver

Default Bump

Bump to the top

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sills Thread (Updated 01/04/11)