HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

2010 HS250h by VIP Auto Salon

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 10:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus ASM
Im gonna have to agree with 50% of the people on here. Its a hybrid and adding all that VIP stuff looks great, but I know from training that L-finesse styling that we see on the car from the factory has a much lower drag coefficient. So although it looks different, the time and money would be better spent on a vehicle that isn't trying to be so fuel efficient.

And again I will state that after adding all that stuff on the car it does look like a corolla and yes, it is a VIPOS! (hopefully this wont be deleted since it has some factual backing)
Why can't HS owners including potential buyers have options? Just because you think it's a waste of money doesn't mean it's a waste for others. It's all about what you value and what best fits your needs.

Some factual info to add to this....the kit on this car is not "VIP" or a VIP styled kit. It's one of the first aftermarket aero kits available for the HS. VIP Auto Salon happens to be the company who put this car together for Lexus.

Do you really need to call it names? If you don't like it, leave it as that.

Last edited by flipside909; 02-16-10 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-16-10, 11:12 PM
lexus ASM
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Why can't HS owners including potential buyers have options? Just because you think it's a waste of money doesn't mean it's a waste for others. It's all about what you value and what best fits your needs.
Any potential buyer looking for a car like that should not be buying an HS. Its that simple, even if the kit cost ten bucks.

Some factual info to add to this....the kit on this car is not "VIP" or a VIP styled kit. It's one of the first aftermarket aero kits available for the HS. VIP Auto Salon happens to be the company who put this car together for Lexus.
No! Really! Did you get it off wikipedia?

The best Lexus were pre-06. Sorry, luxury and fuel economy dont mix well. Its classic, Enzo or Tesla?
Old 02-16-10, 11:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Any potential buyer looking for a car like that should not be buying an HS. Its that simple, even if the kit cost ten bucks.
That's your opinion.

No! Really! Did you get it off wikipedia?

The best Lexus were pre-06. Sorry, luxury and fuel economy dont mix well. Its classic, Enzo or Tesla?
No but I did want to inform those that didn't know. No need to get sarcastic here. This thread to provide facts about this car. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-17-10, 04:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

And again I will state that after adding all that stuff on the car it does look like a corolla and yes, it is a VIPOS! (hopefully this wont be deleted since it has some factual backing)
Your previous post was removed for violating our forum rules on cursing and foul language. lexus ASM, please exit this thread and take the back-and-forth with flipside to PM.

We're absolutely fine with anyone stating an opinion -doesn't matter if it is positive or negative - but we ask that you please do so in a constructive and mature fashion without the cursing.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-17-10 at 05:44 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 04:53 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Speaking of which, I'm not a fan of this kit but I realize there isn't a big selection out there for the HS. Something about it says "Corolla bodykit" when I look at it and it cheapens the car IMO. I aslo hate that the kit maker plasters their badging for the kit on every side of the car as well (especially in the middle of the rear spoiler) but maybe that's what you have to do to stop knockoffs these days.

The wheel gap on the front is also noticiably higher than the rear (look at the first picture in post #2) -that bugs me.

I recognize the work that went into the car to put something like this together... it's just not for me.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-17-10 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 09:12 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I recognize the work that went into the car to put something like this together... it's just not for me.
Given the very limited time the builder had to work with (less than 3 weeks), it wasn't an easy task. They received the cars ahead of time, but most of the wait time was for the body kit. There were 2 cars that needed to be completed for the first two East Coast auto shows, the Silver Opal for Detroit and the Matador for Washington. I documented most of the build up of these cars.

Branew was the only company that offered a body kit for the HS at that current time. The parts had to be replicated from the JDM Starfire HS that was sent to SEMA in Vegas back in November. Because the kit on the Starfire HS was the only kit in existence, Branew had to take some action to get the parts expedited, the only problem was that the HS being shipped back to Japan from SEMA was somewhere in the middle of the Pacific. By time the car made it back to Japan (December), Branew had to replicate the kits and air freight all the parts to SoCal. At this time it was a few days after Christmas and the cars had to be all done the day after the new year. Surprisingly all the parts fit like a glove without modification. That's usually unheard of with any type of kit, but both kits were spot on.

As for the wheel gap, the HS is riding on modified oem springs temporarily. The coilovers were supposed to make it in the initial shipment but they did not make it in time for Detroit. The builder had no choice but to modify the oem springs.

Last edited by flipside909; 02-17-10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-23-10, 08:38 PM
dieselpwr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious about the HID retrofit. Did this car have the halogen headlights previously? Did you simply add ballasts, bulbs, and wiring into the OEM housing? How's the beam pattern? Thanks for any info you have.
Old 02-23-10, 10:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by dieselpwr
I'm curious about the HID retrofit. Did this car have the halogen headlights previously? Did you simply add ballasts, bulbs, and wiring into the OEM housing? How's the beam pattern? Thanks for any info you have.
HID kit was installed on this car. Majority of the HS shipped to dealers do not have HID. Beam pattern is not going to be as precise as those with HID's from the factory. Any HID kit will fit granted you get the suitable bulb setup for your HS.
Old 02-24-10, 06:29 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Majority of the HS shipped to dealers do not have HID.
Actually, traditional HIDs aren't available at all on the HS (which is insane); only LEDs as a very expensive option. This must be the only Lexus without xenons...
Old 02-24-10, 09:59 AM
dieselpwr
Driver School Candidate

what bulb type is the HS main lowbeam?
Old 02-24-10, 11:29 AM
tonyscv
Driver

Originally Posted by dieselpwr
what bulb type is the HS main lowbeam?
The car comes standard with projector beam halogen. The headlights are H11.

LED headlights are a factory option.
Old 02-24-10, 11:46 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

nothing special about this HS that nobody cannot do..kit and rims...
Old 02-24-10, 10:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Argelius
Actually, traditional HIDs aren't available at all on the HS (which is insane); only LEDs as a very expensive option. This must be the only Lexus without xenons...
HID's are available, but like your HS, special order.
Old 09-20-10, 10:29 AM
Katizzo
Driver School Candidate

Does anybody know of any lowering springs or coilovers that were ever mfr'd in follow up to this car? I'm looking for a set or would like to have a custom set made if anybody knows how to get that done...?
Old 09-20-10, 02:42 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Isnt this a corolla platform!

Quick Reply: 2010 HS250h by VIP Auto Salon