HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Best color for the HS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 05:51 PM
Argelius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best color for the HS?

Okay, admittedly this is completely subjective, but what do people think is the best color for the HS - a dark or light?

As I progress toward making a purchase, I'm pondering external colors (which for me I am flexible, in contrast to the interior where I have a strong preference for black).

No one is praising Lexus for it's choice of the Ford Fusion grill.

I'm leaning toward a lighter (with silver my favorite choice) color which creates a more unified appearance with the chrome grill.

Alternatively, going with black (or other dark color) creates a more contrasty appearance.

So, what do people think?
Old 12-02-09, 11:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Starfire Pearl w/Black interior is my favorite choice for the HS250h, but I am biased. I personally think Black Sapphire and Silver Opal Mica are the colors that stand out on the HS.

Silver Opal Mica

Black Sapphire
Old 12-02-09, 11:39 PM
tonyscv
Driver

I like anything that's a high contrast. Either light exterior / dark interior or vice versa. Can't go wrong. I tend to shy away from silver since it's a bit boring... silver opal is an exception though since it's unique.

BTW... at least in SoCal, the dealers are getting in a LOT of Starfire HS's. I roamed around Longo's warehouse last weekend (which honestly - if you're a Lexus fan is worth the visit just to see literally 1,500 Lexus models in one huge parking garage), and they had a ton of them. No Aurora White's though... and only a handful of Black Sapphires. Maybe one or two Silver Opal's.

If you want white on black, why not consider Aurora White / Black? It's FAR more rare, since the color is only offered on the RX450h and the HS250, and I think it looks especially good on the HS.

Just make sure you look at all the colors in natural sunlight! Under fluorescent lights the lighter colors can look quite different.

- T

Last edited by tonyscv; 12-02-09 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-02-09, 11:42 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

black or white.
Old 12-05-09, 08:56 PM
ntlowsvcmg
Driver School Candidate

Another vote for Starfire Pearl with black interior--

Old 12-06-09, 12:59 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

starfire pearl for me with black interior.
Old 12-07-09, 05:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think the red with a beige interior would spice up a weird looking car.
Old 12-07-09, 08:32 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

I will have to say.....SGM.......
Old 12-07-09, 09:32 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

From what I've seen so far in person, Matador Red ...
Old 12-09-09, 11:38 AM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

If I do take the HS plunge, I'll go for Matador Red with Beige interior (if they can find it; so far, the 3 red HS's my dealer found had black interiors).

Reason: White (and other light colors) are terrific in North Carolina's hot summers, but unless it's a car that sits a good way off the ground (like an RX), the tar that the asphalt roads spit up on all the sills is a royal pain in the butt. I had a white '92 SC300 Coupe -- which I loved -- but kept me lyin' in my driveway every weekend tryin to get road tar off the sills. So I'll NEVER own any LIGHT color again on a car that sits low to the ground.

Conversely, black or dark gray cars get so bleepin' hot in the summer -- as do black interiors -- that I will go for something in the middle (which will make SOME of the road tar less visible), with a light interior. In the case of the HS, about all you can find in the mid-range is red.

Just my $.02 -- your mileage may vary. Or the % of asphalt used in your state road system.
Old 12-09-09, 02:15 PM
SS255
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by winsalem
If I do take the HS plunge, I'll go for Matador Red with Beige interior (if they can find it; so far, the 3 red HS's my dealer found had black interiors).
They had one of these parked at my dealership a few weeks ago. The color scheme is very nice.

I am partial to the Silver Opal Mica with the light gray interior.......and I held out until they located one for me.

Everyone who has seen my car agrees that the colors are awesome.
Old 12-31-09, 12:23 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by SS255
They had one of these parked at my dealership a few weeks ago. The color scheme is very nice.

I am partial to the Silver Opal Mica with the light gray interior.......and I held out until they located one for me.

Everyone who has seen my car agrees that the colors are awesome.
Plus 1. I think SOM is the nicest color offered. Very unique, original, and has a lot of depth.
Old 12-31-09, 09:14 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I sold one of my customers a tungsten pearl w/ black interior HS, and I thought that color combo looks pretty nice. We have a handful of aurora white on black at our dealer which is my personal favorite HS color.
Old 01-01-10, 01:46 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

hands down the red. The car is already not styled very nicely so I think red would liven it up a bit
Old 01-01-10, 12:08 PM
VegasLife
Driver School Candidate

Picked up our Silver Opal on New Year's Eve---with the black carpet and tan seats everyone just drools over it....very classy.....wife actually is offering to go get things now.....

Quick Reply: Best color for the HS?