HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

HS 250H 2011 replace low beam bulb

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 12:50 AM
Barcodenis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS 250H 2011 replace low beam bulb

Hi Kindly advise me how to replace HS 250H 2011 model head / low beam lights b& let me Bulb models low & high beam . Also i whould like to replace with HID is is possible ?
Thank you
Nishan From Sri Lanka

Last edited by Barcodenis; 09-09-16 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Actually facelifting my car with 2015 model .
Old 09-09-16, 08:04 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are better off doing the H11 to H9 conversion to your low beam bulbs.

It is easy to modify the H9 bulbs to work if you are handy with tools. The H9 bulb is much brighter than the standard H11 bulb. Search the internet for how to do the conversion.

The bulbs are easy to replace after you remove the plastic engine cover.

Try to stay away from the HID conversion kits. Most are made in China and are junk and will cause more problems than they are worth. Plus they burn so hot, they could melt the plastic bulb housings.
Old 09-09-16, 10:07 PM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I replaced my low beam bulbs with H11 LED bulbs. I used to have 35w HID kit and they were ok for a few years. If you are going with HID, make sure to use a relay cable and connect it to the battery post below the fuse box. Do not connect the HID bulbs directly to the light socket.

I prefer LED since they are plug and play. Do not have to due with balasts, warm up time, bulbs aren't turn on, etc. You can get a high quality Cree LED kit for less than $100.
Old 09-12-16, 07:06 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

I got the Bulbzilla H11 to H9 wire harness adaptor from Amazon. You can get it and new bulbs for less than $50 and they are a lot brighter. Yes, they burn out in 8 months to a year, but at only $6 for a new Philips bulb from Amazon, I don't care. This is the second Lexus I have done this conversion on and it is a better deal than any HID kit and a very easy install. It only takes a minute to cut the metal corner tab off the H9 bulb to make it fit into the H11 socket. As said above, instructions with photos are all over the net.
Old 09-17-16, 07:26 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I got the Bulbzilla H11 to H9 wire harness adaptor from Amazon. You can get it and new bulbs for less than $50 and they are a lot brighter. Yes, they burn out in 8 months to a year, but at only $6 for a new Philips bulb from Amazon, I don't care. This is the second Lexus I have done this conversion on and it is a better deal than any HID kit and a very easy install. It only takes a minute to cut the metal corner tab off the H9 bulb to make it fit into the H11 socket. As said above, instructions with photos are all over the net.
Good post and this is exactly what I think too. There is no better upgrade to a H11 headlight system than the H9 refit. Way brighter and cheaper. No LED bulbs compare.

Thanks for the tip on the wiring harness at Amazon. I didn't know about that one.

So with the adapter, you still have to grind or snip the little tab on the H9 bulb to fit in the housing, you just don't have to modify the connector, correct?
Old 09-19-16, 06:29 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

Yes, you still need to clip or grind the tab on the H9 bulb so it will fit into the H11 socket. I use an ancient pair of lineman's snips/wire cutters and it takes under a minute of cutting and wiggling/bending it back and forth on the tab to make it break loose. I always keeps a few extra bulbs in inventory as you never know when they will fail, 7 months to a year is average.

It only takes a few minutes to pop all those hood cover tabs to get at the bulbs and that is the hardest part!
Old 09-19-16, 07:36 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Yes, you still need to clip or grind the tab on the H9 bulb so it will fit into the H11 socket. I use an ancient pair of lineman's snips/wire cutters and it takes under a minute of cutting and wiggling/bending it back and forth on the tab to make it break loose. I always keeps a few extra bulbs in inventory as you never know when they will fail, 7 months to a year is average.

It only takes a few minutes to pop all those hood cover tabs to get at the bulbs and that is the hardest part!
Thanks!!

I was thinking about buying a few extra of those little tabs for the cover because it seems I always have to remove it and they seem loose. But the main reason was because I did the:

9005 high beam bulb to 9011 HIR bulb conversion.

It gives a lot more light out of the high beams and it as easy to do as the H11 to H9 upgrade.

Read here:
http://store.candlepower.com/mohirbuba.html

Plus there's a lot to read about it on the internet. Cheap and easy light output upgrade for the high beams.

Last edited by TheAirman; 09-19-16 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-28-16, 01:57 AM
Barcodenis
Driver School Candidate

Hi I have check my Head Light (H 11)Its like attached Picture . cannot find a place for Bulb Replacing . Its may be LED . Can you help me to Find exact place for Dim bulb fix place
I knew Head light (9005 ) Fix place which I mark from red .

Old 09-30-16, 08:35 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Those look like factory LED head light assemblies. I think that little motor is the articulating adaptive low beam. The only bulb you can replace in them is the high beam bulb. The red circle in your picture.

If the low beam is dim, you have a bigger problem. It is either a bad ground wire, or you have a problem with the LED bulb itself. If that is the case, it's going to cost a lot of Colombian Pesos.
Old 10-03-16, 12:31 AM
Barcodenis
Driver School Candidate

Tyank you Dave . My Dim lights still work Properly . I trying to replace with latest LED bulb & found from US site Bulb replacing place at the Head light bottom .shoulb be remove whole light & replace the bulb .
Any way thank you so much your reply & any one looking for below is picture attached