Old 08-04-18, 04:09 PM
stothjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lonreck
Finally I’ve done it myself.

this is after fixing as original.

after adding more LEDs
Separate the assembly by heated air ( it takes about 40 mints), and checked the wiring and there was a disconnected wires. Just soldering the pole again and that’s it.
It seems if 1 LED Bulb is missing, the whole row wilt run off, the soldering can be broke due to opening and closing the trunk.Anyway I have added extra bulbs to the whole assembly and it looks much more better.
Hi Lonreck....I own a 2010 HS and all my trunk lights are out. I absolutely love your tail light mod! Would you be willing to share how you were able to mount/add the additional LEDs? After repairing the broken connections; did you tie the additional LEDs into the factory circuit?

Wow....they look sharp!

Junior
Old 04-15-19, 01:09 AM
joeyig
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had this issue with mine after I bought it 3 leds out in right taillight. Bought from Carmax with warranty, but since found within 30 days covered fully by CarMax no deductible. They replaced the entire assembly.
Old 01-24-24, 04:08 PM
dominic707
2nd gear

Default LED part

Originally Posted by lonreck
Finally I’ve done it myself.

this is after fixing as original.

after adding more LEDs
Separate the assembly by heated air ( it takes about 40 mints), and checked the wiring and there was a disconnected wires. Just soldering the pole again and that’s it.
It seems if 1 LED Bulb is missing, the whole row wilt run off, the soldering can be broke due to opening and closing the trunk.Anyway I have added extra bulbs to the whole assembly and it looks much more better.
thanks for sharing! I was able to take apart my rear lights and like others, the solder was detached so was able to fix both lights.

the mod is awesome and should have looked like that in the first place! I can’t seem to find LEDs that would work. Could you let me know what brand and/or part/ part number for the LEDs so me and others can fix this problem
Old 01-26-24, 06:40 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,085 Likes on 927 Posts

Lonreck appears to no longer be an active member. He has not posted since 2018. He failed to respond to a request in 2019 for more info on his light fix and it appears he will not be aware of or respond to your recent inquiry.
You may want to check the lighting forum or try to compare the LEDs visually to other available LEDs as similar ones are certainly used on many other Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
FYI when those burnt out on mine, I splurged on $600 to replace both tail lights on the trunk lid. I no longer have the old ones or would offer to ship them to you for parts.
Which leads to suggesting you look for parts donor tail lights on eBay. Maybe the price will be acceptable. It appears the term tail lamp gets more results than taillight, so search both ways.
Old 01-26-24, 11:57 AM
dominic707
2nd gear

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Lonreck appears to no longer be an active member. He has not posted since 2018. He failed to respond to a request in 2019 for more info on his light fix and it appears he will not be aware of or respond to your recent inquiry.
You may want to check the lighting forum or try to compare the LEDs visually to other available LEDs as similar ones are certainly used on many other Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
FYI when those burnt out on mine, I splurged on $600 to replace both tail lights on the trunk lid. I no longer have the old ones or would offer to ship them to you for parts.
Which leads to suggesting you look for parts donor tail lights on eBay. Maybe the price will be acceptable. It appears the term tail lamp gets more results than taillight, so search both ways.

thanks for the info! I’ll look into all that for sure. Appreciate the help