HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Clicking sound when turning the steering wheel and seats?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 12:24 PM
Lexziss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking sound when turning the steering wheel and seats?!

Does anyone else's HS250H make a clicking sound when moving the steering wheel? I have told my Lexus dealer about this and they say its normal.

Worst dealer ever. I have had so many problems with this car. When someone sits in the back passenger seat on the right, the seats moves back and makes a clicking sound as well. Also if you sit in the car, there's another clicking sound like the car hits something metal . Also, there was a recall a month ago and they said they would call me in as soon as the parts arrived. Still haven't heard a word from them. Is everyone's Lexus dealer like this? These guys are always pushing back appointments since they never have loaner cars.
Old 05-14-14, 12:41 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Does this thread topic sound similar to your issue?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ing-wheel.html
Old 05-15-14, 09:11 AM
Scotch19
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a new owner of a used HS and have noticed the same thing, but only on the drivers seat. It took me quite a while to isolate that it is coming from the seat, near the seatbelt connector (and seemingly temperature dependent for some reason). I haven't had a chance to examine more closely, but in my car that is definitely the area. I thought it had something to do with steering wheel/turning as well, but I realized recently that it was merely because of shifting my body in the seat while turning. I'm guessing some well placed lubricant or felt will solve the issue.

I'll update when I get a chance to try a fix.
Old 05-17-14, 12:51 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexziss
Does anyone else's HS250H make a clicking sound when moving the steering wheel? I have told my Lexus dealer about this and they say its normal.

Worst dealer ever. I have had so many problems with this car. When someone sits in the back passenger seat on the right, the seats moves back and makes a clicking sound as well. Also if you sit in the car, there's another clicking sound like the car hits something metal . Also, there was a recall a month ago and they said they would call me in as soon as the parts arrived. Still haven't heard a word from them. Is everyone's Lexus dealer like this? These guys are always pushing back appointments since they never have loaner cars.
I think islandbeef answered the steering wheel click, good place to start anyways.

But when you sit in the car and hear a metal click, you might have a broken part in the rear suspension. That's what the recall is for. Let us know when you have it fixed to see if it changed.

The rear seat I do not get, though. Do you mean the front seat moves back? Or does the back seat move back when you sit in it? If thats the case, I would guess the little plastic clips that hold the lower part of the reat seat down are broken. They break real easy when you remove the rear seat lower part.
Old 05-17-14, 12:53 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotch19
I'm a new owner of a used HS and have noticed the same thing, but only on the drivers seat. It took me quite a while to isolate that it is coming from the seat, near the seatbelt connector (and seemingly temperature dependent for some reason). I haven't had a chance to examine more closely, but in my car that is definitely the area. I thought it had something to do with steering wheel/turning as well, but I realized recently that it was merely because of shifting my body in the seat while turning. I'm guessing some well placed lubricant or felt will solve the issue.

I'll update when I get a chance to try a fix.
Not from the wheel, but from the seat itself.

Maybe just a loose seat mount bolt?

keep us updated.