HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

happy owner since june, loving my hs250h

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-13, 11:36 PM
Itsjerald
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default happy owner since june, loving my hs250h

i got my hs on my 30th birthday in june. and have had it for about 3 months or so now .

i love it! i purchased it for 28k , and it had 32000 miles on it . the car is the blue/silver metallic color which i love because at most parts of the day the car looks silver. and the blue i dont mind either. i bought it with lots of tech which is why i was so intrigued by the value. it came with the traditional back camera, but also came with a front camera. it has the LKA feature as well as the radar cruise control feature (this worked wonders driving to vegas). i tested my mileage and if i really tried, i could get an average of about 35-37. and for the first 50-60 miles of a full tank i can get it up to 38-40, but as soon as the tank gets less, the mileage starts to go down. *havent figured why that is so*

anyways i just drive it like i want to know and average the normal 33-34. thats with air condition .

i am curious about one thing. i have the sensor that goes above the airbag, but i dont believe i have the feature that warns you when you are not paying attention , because I've tested it and it doesnt beep , nor does the car automatically brake for me in near to close encounters. im beginning to wonder what use its for if i dont have those two features. my car comes with the Heads up display which is somewhat useful but i put the dim so low that during the day i barely see it anyways. and cool seats are a must have during the summer, thats always set to number 3.

i think what i love the most about it, is that for once i have a luxury car, and it feels good!. ive owned a honda insight before this so im very happy and glad to have kept the hybrid tradition with my next car. my goals with the car are to lower it slightly and figure out how to get my DRL (daytimerunlight) bright white like the newer lexus'.

thanks to this forum for letting me share!

Old 09-08-13, 01:01 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome.

The driver attention monitor is what you are curious about. Maybe you just haven had the situation for it to work yet, because believe me, it does work. The sensor above your wheel with the 4 little red lights in it monitors the position of your eyes.

Here in Western PA our roads are real curvy and hilly like San Fran. I noticed mine will go off once and a while as I am making a corner and I might have my head turned looking over my shoulder to merge and right in front of me might be a road sign or telephone pole. As soon as it goes off, you get a "BRAKE" warning in the headsup display and the center instrument panel, plus a loud beep. If it senses you are actually going to hit, then it will charge up the brakes. I never got that close yet, though.

I tried to make it work on my own and couldn't. I was going to try a piece of tape over the sensor then drive it a while but I never got that far.

You'll never get your DRL like the new ones. But what I try sometimes, is turning the DRL off through the "VEHICLE SETTINGS" in your computer, then I changed my parking lights up front to a LED bulb, then I run with parking lights on. It looks a little better to me than the old fashion DRL's.