HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

18" wheel repair...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 11:07 AM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 18" wheel repair...

Hi all..I'm looking into having wheels repaired, I have several scuffs on 2 wheels. Has anyone had this done before, if so, how did the wheels look after repairs? I hope I can get them done on the cheap, I called parts dept. at local Lexus dealer, only $600-plus for each new rim!!

Are these painted rims or what? I called one repair shop and he asked if the 18's were painted, I didn't know right off the top of my head...

Thx. BL

2010 250H
Old 04-17-12, 01:18 PM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Me too

same here with 2 wheels
Old 04-17-12, 01:53 PM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Cool Appt Friday

Originally Posted by rajeev6
same here with 2 wheels
Hi Raj...I have an appt. this Friday at local Lexus dealer, they're turning off annoying back up beeping and scheduled an independent wheel repair guy to give me a quote...My service guy guesstimated 150.00 per wheel, let's see what happens, will report back

I've been looking online for new/refurbished rims, the cheapest I found was 195.00 plus shipping.

BL
Old 04-18-12, 08:07 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It is probably in best interest to avoid refurbished wheels if you cant; you don't know what they have been through.

Better idea is to buy a new or or from a member who is possibly selling the same wheel perhaps.
Old 04-18-12, 10:01 AM
RJQMAN
Driver

Default Maybe too much money...

Originally Posted by beavlexus
Hi all..I'm looking into having wheels repaired, I have several scuffs on 2 wheels. Has anyone had this done before, if so, how did the wheels look after repairs? I hope I can get them done on the cheap, I called parts dept. at local Lexus dealer, only $600-plus for each new rim!!

Are these painted rims or what? I called one repair shop and he asked if the 18's were painted, I didn't know right off the top of my head...

Thx. BL

2010 250H
I don't mean to be negative, but that seems a bit high if you are exchanging the old wheels. Lexus dealers are, of course, high in general, but I paid less than that each for fully-chomed wheels exchanging the factory wheels, of course, at two Lexus dealers (I have two HS250H's). Plus depending on the scuffing, you might be able to get the old ones cleaned up as another poster indicated.
Old 04-18-12, 10:10 AM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Cool 18" Rim repair follow up

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
I don't mean to be negative, but that seems a bit high if you are exchanging the old wheels. Lexus dealers are, of course, high in general, but I paid less than that each for fully-chomed wheels exchanging the factory wheels, of course, at two Lexus dealers (I have two HS250H's). Plus depending on the scuffing, you might be able to get the old ones cleaned up as another poster indicated.
Maybe you didn't read all the posts but I'm doing that exact thing, as I said, I have a repair guy showing up at my local Lexus dealer to give me a quote on repairing scuffs.

I called one shop, they quoted me 175.00 per rim, this independent guy, thru Lexus, may charge 150.00. I will know this Friday.

Thx, BL
Old 04-21-12, 09:17 AM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Cool repair work done!

Maybe you didn't read all the posts but I'm doing that exact thing, as I said, I have a repair guy showing up at my local Lexus dealer to give me a quote on repairing scuffs.

I called one shop, they quoted me 175.00 per rim, this independent guy, thru Lexus, may charge 150.00. I will know this Friday.

Thx, BL
Hi all...Got the two rims repaired yesterday, they look great and at the same time had annoying reverse beeping noise turned off. All in all it was a good day. My only problem is I can't wash car for a couple days while rims cure completely, oh well it is supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend, may get out tomorrow or Monday and clean car.

BL
Old 04-23-12, 07:37 PM
acheparev
Driver

Hi all...Got the two rims repaired yesterday, they look great and at the same time had annoying reverse beeping noise turned off. All in all it was a good day. My only problem is I can't wash car for a couple days while rims cure completely, oh well it is supposed to be 70 degrees this weekend, may get out tomorrow or Monday and clean car.

BL
How much did it run you?
Old 04-23-12, 10:08 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

there is a local guy in the Northern California that charges $250 a set for powder coating.

yes the wheel are painted.
Old 04-24-12, 09:26 AM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Cool Wheel Repair

Originally Posted by acheparev
How much did it run you?
Hi...They cost me 150.00 each..They had some pretty good scuffs on both of them, as I said earlier I got a quote from another repair guy at 175.00 per rim and Lexus wanted 600.00 for each new rim, online was 195.00 plus shipping!!