HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!

Old 03-09-12, 06:06 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jbripps
......... It's kinda fun, but I won't be a legit hypermiler for the most part. I love that term.......
Oh yes you will !!! With gas at $4.07 and going higher. Oh yes you will !!! And after you hit 40 mpg for the first time, it'll be hypermiling all the way for you !!

Welcome. You sound a lot like others here including myself. My last two cars were M3's so the left lane and a few speeding tickets later, I too decided to slow down. And in the HS, I never had so much fun doing just that !

I haven't noticed the center vent blowing cooler air on the HS, but coming from a Bimmer, (didn't you hate people who called them Beamer's?), I know they did that too. At least mine did as I remember. I think BMW's idea was " warm feet, not a hot head". So any time the footwell was blowing hot air, the center two vents were blowing cold. That's why my center vents had a temperature dial for them. No matter how cold it was out you could still get ice cold air out of those two vents. Maybe Lexus "copied".

As for keys, mine came with two, and I was under the impression that it was to come with a card key also. I go to the dealer on Monday for the first 5000 check up, so I'll ask him then.

Keep posting with your comments and questions. And pictures. We need pictures!!!!!
Old 03-09-12, 07:03 PM
jbripps
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for chiming in Dave....yeah, I'm gonna look into that card as well...keep us posted!!! I'll get some pix up soon!

J
Old 03-09-12, 08:26 PM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that with the "smart key" system we have there would be no need for a card key. Our fob already has a blade type key inside it if necessary. The only thing as far as I know that is missing is the key cut code which a dealer can look up, probably via the vehicle VIN. No harm in asking though.

Got my car only with the two fobs and no card key.
Old 03-10-12, 06:19 AM
shoeboo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, is there a way to open the rear doors by sensor without having to unlock the front door first?
Do you want all doors to unlock, or just the back doors? If all unlock, there is a setting in vehicle customization that you can toggle between driver door unlocking and all doors unlocking. Attached is a pdf of the rest of the settings.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HS250h_with_nav_LPS.pdf (1.12 MB, 610 views)
Old 03-10-12, 09:13 AM
jbripps
Rookie

Wink Pix!!

Thanks Shoe....that is fantastic!

OK....car is a bit dirty, but here are some pix...I'm not a pro, just posting to stay in compliance with the informal rules and regs!!!

Love the door sills. These might be small pix, easier to upload and post, hope they work!

J

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!-small1.jpg

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!-small2.jpg

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!-small3.jpg

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!-small4.jpg

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!-small5.jpg
Old 03-12-12, 08:21 AM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Cool Great Color!

OK....car is a bit dirty, but here are some pix...I'm not a pro, just posting to stay in compliance with the informal rules and regs!!!

Love the door sills. These might be small pix, easier to upload and post, hope they work!

J

Attachment 239024

Attachment 239025

Attachment 239026

Attachment 239027

Attachment 239028
Nice color combination, we had a 2002 Lexus IS300 for 8 years with similar color combo. It was a great car, just thought it got and stayed too warm in the summer with the dark interior. We traded in for the 250H with silver and water gray interior, hope we can stay a little cooler during the warm season!!

BL
Old 03-12-12, 08:22 AM
beavlexus
Driver School Candidate

Cool Great Color!

J

Attachment 239024

Attachment 239025

Attachment 239026

Attachment 239027

Attachment 239028
Nice color combination, we had a 2002 Lexus IS300, for 8 years, with similar color combo. It was a great car, just thought it got and stayed too warm in the summer with the dark interior. We traded in for the 250H with silver and water gray interior, hope we can stay a little cooler during the warm season!!

BL
Old 10-12-16, 11:49 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

this is my first car with navigation. I have the standard edition with nav, the two-tone seats, larger wheels and some other neat things, like the lite up door sills. It's spotless...with the dark grey exterior...not sure what the name is. Averaged 35/36 mpg my first 60 miles, which I'm perfectly fine with. Oh...I only got one key (not super happy about that), where can I pick up another? I know it won't be cheap, but any leads on finding one at a reasonable price would be great.
You probably know this now that the thread is 4 years old, but you actually have the Touring model, not standard edition. How is the ride in the touring model? Is it too rough?
Old 10-14-16, 06:51 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

The "sport tuned suspension" of the Touring has been a mystery since the rare Touring was introduced. No published articles that I ever found told of the differences. I even have a lot of the original Japanese brochures and they don't describe the differences in what "tuning they did.

Another Lexus mystery.

There was some rumor years ago, that since the Touring Package option was only available on the Standard model, that the sport suspension on the Touring was rumored to be the same suspension on the Premium model, and the only difference was the wheel design. Who knows???
Old 10-15-16, 09:21 AM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Dave, that assumes there is a difference in suspension between the standard and premium models :-) I never saw any literature saying there was, just that the premium model had 18" wheels. I did get a standard HS loaner one time (non-touring), and couldn't tell a difference in how it drove compared to my premium, but that's just seat-of-the-pants driving it for one day. Who knows indeed!
Old 10-18-16, 06:19 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,084 Likes on 926 Posts

I looked at this online Lexus parts site to see what the parts differences were for shocks/struts on the HS.
http://parts.autonationtoyotasouthau...ric-gas-engine

They only list the base and premium models. For front struts it offers them for either the 17 inch wheels or 18 inch wheels. For the rear shocks it does state with or without sport suspension. That seems a bit inconsistent. You can hunt around in the link for more information.
Old 10-24-16, 06:46 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I looked at this online Lexus parts site to see what the parts differences were for shocks/struts on the HS.
http://parts.autonationtoyotasouthau...ric-gas-engine

They only list the base and premium models. For front struts it offers them for either the 17 inch wheels or 18 inch wheels. For the rear shocks it does state with or without sport suspension. That seems a bit inconsistent. You can hunt around in the link for more information.
You inspired me, so I have been doing some searching.
Seems there is a difference in shocks for the Touring vs. the Premium.

Front shocks part numbers:
Premium-- 48510-75040
Touring-- 48510-75060
Don't ask me the difference. The only thing it says is "Touring model, 18" chrome plated." Different part numbers, but I think same price.

Rear shocks:
Premium-- 48530-75030
Touring-- 48530-75060
The mystery continues.
Old 10-25-16, 06:43 AM
Clutchless

They are likely a little stiffer but both models use the same springs. It is strange that the front struts show with and without Touring package, while the rear struts show with and without sport suspension, which was not even an option per se but must mean the Touring package. The rear also has different springs for 18 inch wheels (Preimium and Touring/sport package?) and with 17 inch wheels (without Premium/Touring/sport package?).

Lexus did a similar offering with the 2010-2012 RX350 where the Sport Package model had different, slightly stiffer shocks & struts, but they all had the same springs.

Last edited by Clutchless; 10-25-16 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-25-16, 06:17 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Looked up to see if any other suspension parts were different, like the sway bar. They weren't.
But like you said, the springs were.
Rear:
Std.-- 48231-75011
Touring-- 48231-75040
Also looked up the door sill plates. They are so expensive, I won't even bother. Plus I couldn't find where they are even available.

The aluminum pedals are big money too. As just for the gas pedal, it comes as a whole assembly, not just a metal cover. (78110-75010). I doubt you can find one outside of a dealer shipping it from Japan.
Old 10-26-16, 06:41 AM
Clutchless

I have seen some aftermarket Lexus vehicle specific (RX 350) aluminum pedals on eBay for about $45. Maybe they have them for the HS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!