HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Newbie! Just picked up the car today....very fun!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-16, 06:45 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I have seen some aftermarket Lexus vehicle specific (RX 350) aluminum pedals on eBay for about $45. Maybe they have them for the HS.
I was checking those out. The only one that came close was for the IS250. But that was only for the brake pedal cover. The gas pedal on the HS is not replaceable and comes as a whole unit, and I have not yet found the part number for the HS left foot rest. I think it might be part of the whole front carpet set for the Touring.

I wonder if the Japanese sell them over at yahoo japan ?
Old 10-31-16, 06:46 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,095 Likes on 934 Posts

The ones I saw appeared to fit on top of the factory pedals. They were just covers. I think they had pieces that fit around the back of the pedal and were screwed down to stay in place.
Old 02-02-17, 08:09 PM
jbripps
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all - been quite some time since I have visited here, and was excited to see that someone resurrected this thread. Wow, it's been 5 years of ownership for me. Just about to hit 100k miles, and got a service yesterday. For the first time ever, I took my car to the local wrench rather than the dealership. When I was at the dealer over the summer, they really pushed hard (harder than normal) for expensive service. Also, I recently moved my office closer to home. I previously worked 10 minutes from the Lexus dealer, so it was much easier. Anyhow, car is running great (knocking on wood). I have just noticed that the heater blower is making some chatter here and now, but nothing terrible. I am hoping it's just the cold weather here in NY. The ride has definitely got a bit more stiff, but I have the original springs. I had some type of rods replaced last year and new brake pads, but other than that, nada.

I plan on giving the car to my 16 year old, who obtained his permit last week. I know it's a nice car, but not sure it's worth much anymore. But I figured it would be a great first car due to it's safety features, lack of monstrous power,j (tires ain't gonna spin off the line on this thing) great gas mileage and the fact that he thinks it's an awesome car, lol. I know that kids tend to bang cars up as youngsters, I hope he can take care of this one. I have noticed that I don't seem to get the same mileage I did in the past, but it's winter, and the heat is on a lot, etc. It dips to approx. 33 mpg, and as I stated in the past, I was never much of a hypermiler. We have TONS of hills here, so it's frustrating to watch the MPG average drop so often. And yes, I have the touring model, does that make it more desirable nowadays? I have only seen one other in our area. Funny how the HS had that notched grill and new logo font before the current line. I still love the car, but would love to have a softer, more modern suspension. You feel every nook and cranny, and sometimes, a small pothole feels like a total bottom out hit! Oh....funny story. Over the summer, when putting the AC fan on any higher settings, the blower would make a LOUD vibrating noise, was terribly annoying. Anyhow, at a service, I asked about it. Service advisor said they would have to disassemble some parts and take a look. They wanted a few hundred bucks, so I passed. When I got home, I opened the hood, and opened the air filter housing. There were quite a few acorns under the air filter (we have TONS of squirrels here), and some old leaves. Great, critters living under the hood? The noise still occurred, so I emptied the glove box and removed the cabin filter. I stuck my hand in the fan (yes, car was off, lol). and felt around. I found ONE acorn in one of the grooves! Problem solved! Yes, one acorn threw the entire fan off balance, like a washing machine with 5 towels on one side, and one pair of underwear on the other. I say this in case anyone else has had this issue.

Edit: one more thing. I have had to replace the headlight lamps quite a few times. Seems that the low beams don't last long...sometimes just a few months. Not sure if I have a short, but not worth figuring that out. Easy enough DIY. Anyone else?

Until next time!
Jon

Last edited by jbripps; 02-02-17 at 08:17 PM.