HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

No more 250h for the US

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 05:25 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to have provided bad information. Glad to hear it will still be available. Can't understand why a guy that seems very knowledgeable would have bad information, but I appreciate the info. I think I will contact Cincinnati about getting a second one for my spouse. She fell in love with mine, and I want it back!!
Old 10-20-11, 05:42 PM
DDS62
Driver

I am interested, RJQMAN, what do you and your wife think about the ride? A little stiff?
Old 10-20-11, 06:51 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Originally Posted by DDS62
I am interested, RJQMAN, what do you and your wife think about the ride? A little stiff?
I am really happy with it. I am coming from driving a Lotus and then a Pontiac Grand Prix though, so I am not accustomed to the 'luxury' feel of the high dollar Lexus/Infinity lines. My wife has some back problems, and finds most cars uncomfortable for long trips. However we took a five hour each way trip last week, and she said she had no discomfort at all, primarily because she could adjust the front passenger seat and lumbar to give her the support she wanted. Most passenger cars seem to have limited adjustment for the front seat passenger even if they can adjust the drivers side 35 ways. Lexus allows both seats to be fully adjustable, which is really very nice.

Cornering - well - it is no sports car for sure. You sit a little too high for my taste also, but I am getting used to it. But I still hope somebody comes out with some lowering springs. It looks like I could stuff a tuba in between the tires and the wheel well - that is not a good thing.

I am trying to answer your question, but it is tough for me because of my experience base. Based on what others have said, the ride must be a bit more harsh than the traditional Lexus ride, but for me it was more comfortable than I am used to.

Last edited by RJQMAN; 10-20-11 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 07:00 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

I communicated again with my Lexus man in Dallas via e-mail this evening - Thursday Oct 20th - and he swears no more HS250's after January 1st will be shipped to the US. I guess we just have to wait and see. I think i will contact the guy in Cincinnati myself and see if I can get her a car in the cue just in case they do shut down the pipeline.
Old 10-20-11, 10:42 PM
DDS62
Driver

Your contact in Texas could be right. I asked for a confirmation that the HS line was or was not going to be stopped and received somewhat less. It could be that some 2012's will be delivered to the States before years end and then that would be the finish. Yet that scenario seems so bizarre. Why would Toyota go into production and start shipping the 2012 models if it is all to end in January? Maybe because there will be no changes except for paper work and Toyota is simply clearing out the stock on hand of the left driver side models? If true that would not be a positive thing for customer relations - the very thing that Lexus excels at..
Old 10-23-11, 03:30 PM
DDS62
Driver

Lexus still has their 2011 HS250 page up on their web site, but some info is showing up on the 2012 HS. Looks as if the only changes from 2011 will be a new paint color and Navigation is now a requirement for LED headlights. Recall the only changes for 2011 from the 2010 model was the removal of the HS250 chrome emblem on the right side of the rear trunk. So for all practical purposes there has been no real changes since it’s debut in Jan 2009.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...duct+specs.htm
Old 10-23-11, 07:32 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I think if they turned the hs350h into a sleek sedan coupe, it would sell like hot cakes.
Old 10-23-11, 09:45 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Default Received somewhat less?? Not sure what you mean...

Originally Posted by DDS62
Your contact in Texas could be right. I asked for a confirmation that the HS line was or was not going to be stopped and received somewhat less. It could be that some 2012's will be delivered to the States before years end and then that would be the finish. Yet that scenario seems so bizarre. Why would Toyota go into production and start shipping the 2012 models if it is all to end in January? Maybe because there will be no changes except for paper work and Toyota is simply clearing out the stock on hand of the left driver side models? If true that would not be a positive thing for customer relations - the very thing that Lexus excels at..
Not sure what you mean by 'received somewhat less'?? It is so strange to me that car manufacturers do not communicate their plans a little more thoroughly to their customers. I guess some would not buy because it is being phased out, and others, like me, would potentially accelerate their purchase plans to get it while it was still available. The not knowing is simply annoying to me.
Old 10-24-11, 03:01 AM
KGenaidy
Driver

Went to the Texas State Fair yesterday and looked at the automobile pavilion. In the Lexus area ... there was no HS250h present. I asked the Lexus representative about that ... responses received:

1st) no room for HS
2nd) will be no more imported to US
3rd) will have next gen ES hybrid next year
Old 10-24-11, 08:17 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Having an HS 250h and and ES 300h would be overkill however Lexus could market the HS as an entry level luxury hybrid and the ESh as a midsize luxury hybrid...
Old 10-24-11, 10:45 AM
DDS62
Driver

Originally Posted by RJQMAN
Not sure what you mean by 'received somewhat less'?? It is so strange to me that car manufacturers do not communicate their plans a little more thoroughly to their customers. I guess some would not buy because it is being phased out, and others, like me, would potentially accelerate their purchase plans to get it while it was still available. The not knowing is simply annoying to me.
I called Lexus RiverCenter, not for information to add here, but to establish whether the rumors about the HS being phased out were true or not. I did this because I intend to "move up" and if the HS is about to be phased out, now would be a good time to make that move since the they seem to be in high demand. The sales person I contacted said he was unaware of the rumor, In fact, because of demand he was under the assumption production was about to be "ramped up". He told me that he should know soon (by last Friday), and promised a return call. I got a message from him stating only that RiverCenter would be selling 2012 models. Their was no reassurance the rumor was false. In fact his exact words were " I can report that we will be selling 2012 models and we will be receiving our first shipment in 60 to 90 days". since my question/concern was about the phasing out the car, and not about the 2012 model, the response was less than I expected. I am simply not reassured the HS is in fact, not being phased out. However I find it unlikely that Toyota would start production of a new model knowing it would be stopping shipments a month later? But I can see scenarios where this might happen on a local basis.
Old 10-24-11, 11:30 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I keep hearing "high demand" in this thread, but I thought the issue was that the HS was in low demand and that is why they may be yanking it from the US markets
Old 10-24-11, 11:43 AM
RJQMAN
Driver

I suspect the 'high demand' is because you just can't find any - at least any with the specific colors and options you might want. The assortment at the dealers in my area is, in general, pretty much one or two at the most of the basic model in lighter colors with light color interiors, with the exception of a few black ones with black interiors and they all have very few of the really nice options - in general they are not the premium models, and when they are, navigation and rear cameras is about the only options added. They are definitely not selling many, but then again, there are not many here to sell. Chicken and the egg again.
Old 10-25-11, 01:24 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the car is a goner! check this website: http://www.lexus.com/models/brochures/ls_brochure.html
go to "View Other Models", they have 2012 brochures except the HS, GS and LX (GS & LX is going straight into 2013). Info is correct!
Old 10-25-11, 03:18 PM
DDS62
Driver

The brochure for the LFA is also for the 2011 model year. The only conclusion I would make from that link is that brochures are updated as the cars come top market, not cars that have 2011 brochures will be dropped. But you could be right.

Quick Reply: No more 250h for the US