Dealer Just Found Me An '11 HS

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-11, 11:53 AM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Dealer Just Found Me An '11 HS

Matador Red, Parchment interior

Premium package, nav, front monitor, park assist, spoiler, remote start, accessory package.

Sticker: $44,166

My dealer (Flow Lexus, Winston Salem NC) is acquiring it from another location (I'm not sure where). Picking it up Monday, trading-in my '08 RX (with 24k miles).

Excited! This will be my 7th Lexus.
Old 08-21-11, 09:00 AM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!!!!

I wish my dealer would find me one.

How long did you wait, if any?
Old 08-22-11, 05:23 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Congrats!!!!

I wish my dealer would find me one.

How long did you wait, if any?
Went to dealer last Friday, they found the color combo/trim I wanted, they had it here today (Monday). Just luck.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer Just Found Me An '11 HS-lexus-hs-rear2.jpg   Dealer Just Found Me An '11 HS-lexus-hs-interior.jpg   Dealer Just Found Me An '11 HS-lexus-hs-front1.jpg  
Old 08-23-11, 10:40 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

new 2012 buick lacrosse with eassist is out as well, 30mpg mixed on a full sized sedan is pretty amazing...starts at 29k
Old 08-23-11, 02:17 PM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking car!!

mikemareen, new 2012 Camry rated at 43/41 mpg w/ a lower starting price than the buick.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...110829986/1490
Old 08-23-11, 02:39 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

43 41 is cool but wow redesign is kinda bland, i wasn't sure if it was the older avalon (2 generations ago) or if it was the current camry.

Originally Posted by noku
Nice looking car!!

mikemareen, new 2012 Camry rated at 43/41 mpg w/ a lower starting price than the buick.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...110829986/1490
Old 08-23-11, 06:56 PM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemareen
43 41 is cool but wow redesign is kinda bland, i wasn't sure if it was the older avalon (2 generations ago) or if it was the current camry.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had the same thoughts. But for the size, money and being a Toyota, a very tempting offer.
Old 08-24-11, 08:34 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I love toyota quality but I think the korean competitors will triumph with this new camry design.

design fascination and is so powerful.

however, I'm still smitten by the full sized lacrosse that gets 30mpg.

Originally Posted by noku
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had the same thoughts. But for the size, money and being a Toyota, a very tempting offer.
Old 08-24-11, 10:06 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HS has a lot more technology standard and optional.

Congrats on your pickup!
Old 08-25-11, 08:42 AM
DDS62
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new Camry hybrid has some impresses specs. More total HP, impressive acceleration, much higher EPA rating and supposedly the car will be a quieter vehicle. We will just have to wait and see. The Camry has been Toyota's bread and butter for years - I doubt that is about to change. The changes may very well be a window for a look at the next HS - a car I believe once redesigned will become the "Camry" of the luxury brands, with a luxury ride.
Old 08-26-11, 08:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Congrats. Like your garage artwork choices as well

Bought my first GS from Flow back in 1999
Old 08-26-11, 10:53 AM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikemareen
new 2012 buick lacrosse with eassist is out as well, 30mpg mixed on a full sized sedan is pretty amazing...starts at 29k
Before you bash someone's nice new ride, you should do a little research before you post. It ruins your creditability.

First, there is no e-assist Buick's on the road yet. That will be in a few months. You could order now, so I'm told, but it might be near November before they show up. The information books are just arriving at the dealers. I got one of the first.

Second, there are no red or blue Buick's being sold now. None that come near the color of the OP's beautiful new HS. Those are Japanese colors that were destroyed in the tsunami. You will wait for those colors.

Third, although they START at 29k, by the time you get anywhere close to the way the OP's HS is configured, you'll be just south of 40k. Tick all the option boxes, just over 40k. And even then, all the options are not available on the e-assist, as is common with most auto manufacturers. You'll have to get the V6 to get everything.

ALTHOUGH.......... The Lacrosse is a very nice car! Made in Canada, but a very nice car. With the optional Heads UP Display, and Blind Spot Alert Information, Rear camera (coming soon, not out yet) and adaptive front headlights, it has a lot of nice features.

AND, with the e-assist's mild hybrid, and some hypermiling, I bet you could do better that 30 or 32 mpg's. That's yet to be seen, though. It's a big nice sedan at that mileage. One worth considering in the future. I'm just not sure of the Buick's build quality, though.

I was also surprised at the excellent dealer experience at my local Buick store. I was treated very good and even received my first dealer follow-up letter in the mail, the first from all the cars I've looked at. Very nice experience overall and much better than I have received at any Lexus dealer I've been to. My Lexus dealer, in fact, the last words out of his mouth were, "I'll get right back to you. I'll call you right back." That was in the first of June!!! My whole Lexus experience remains to be see, though.

Bottom line is, the OP's Matador red HS is still a much nicer car than ANY Buick on the road and one he should be proud of. Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-11, 11:34 AM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DDS62
The new Camry hybrid has some impresses specs. More total HP, impressive acceleration, much higher EPA rating and supposedly the car will be a quieter vehicle. We will just have to wait and see. The Camry has been Toyota's bread and butter for years - I doubt that is about to change. The changes may very well be a window for a look at the next HS - a car I believe once redesigned will become the "Camry" of the luxury brands, with a luxury ride.
Looking good on paper, so far, and has my attention.

But, the dealers here have no info on when the first hybrid will arrive. And they have no information books as of yet. Details are still very sketchy about the hybrid, at least at the dealers I go.

But what I have not been able to figure out is if this was a major change to the basic hybrid system drive. Because the HS and "old" Camry used share.

Or is this just a software tweak that future HS's might benefit from?
Old 08-26-11, 12:37 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

first off, I wasn't bashing anyone.

2ndly, I totally disagree with you.

3rdly, color was never even a discussion so what is your point ?

4thly...I'd rather drive a base model full sized car than a optioned up small car..optioned up atenza or corolla, given similar fuel economy of course.

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Before you bash someone's nice new ride, you should do a little research before you post. It ruins your creditability.

First, there is no e-assist Buick's on the road yet. That will be in a few months. You could order now, so I'm told, but it might be near November before they show up. The information books are just arriving at the dealers. I got one of the first.

Second, there are no red or blue Buick's being sold now. None that come near the color of the OP's beautiful new HS. Those are Japanese colors that were destroyed in the tsunami. You will wait for those colors.

Third, although they START at 29k, by the time you get anywhere close to the way the OP's HS is configured, you'll be just south of 40k. Tick all the option boxes, just over 40k. And even then, all the options are not available on the e-assist, as is common with most auto manufacturers. You'll have to get the V6 to get everything.

ALTHOUGH.......... The Lacrosse is a very nice car! Made in Canada, but a very nice car. With the optional Heads UP Display, and Blind Spot Alert Information, Rear camera (coming soon, not out yet) and adaptive front headlights, it has a lot of nice features.

AND, with the e-assist's mild hybrid, and some hypermiling, I bet you could do better that 30 or 32 mpg's. That's yet to be seen, though. It's a big nice sedan at that mileage. One worth considering in the future. I'm just not sure of the Buick's build quality, though.

I was also surprised at the excellent dealer experience at my local Buick store. I was treated very good and even received my first dealer follow-up letter in the mail, the first from all the cars I've looked at. Very nice experience overall and much better than I have received at any Lexus dealer I've been to. My Lexus dealer, in fact, the last words out of his mouth were, "I'll get right back to you. I'll call you right back." That was in the first of June!!! My whole Lexus experience remains to be see, though.

Bottom line is, the OP's Matador red HS is still a much nicer car than ANY Buick on the road and one he should be proud of. Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-11, 12:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys this thread is about Johnny's new HS. Lets stay on topic please and take the back and forth to PM

Quick Reply: Dealer Just Found Me An '11 HS