HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 06-08-16, 05:51 AM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Beauty eh!
Old 06-08-16, 05:33 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Beauty eh!
Yeah, very happy so far. Getting 35 MPGs with minimal effort and still on my first tank.
Old 06-14-16, 07:31 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Got the windows tinted 35% all around.

Congrats! It is a rare gem. Very hard to find.
Old 08-05-16, 09:41 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I recently purchased a 2010 HS 250h premium. It's fully loaded with LKA, radar cruise control, HUD, front camera, etc. The only thing it didn't come with is LED headlights. I would like to change the headlights to the LED ones. Is it just plug and play or do I have to mickey mouse the wires?
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160804_223744.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160804_223758.jpg  

Last edited by Trexus; 08-05-16 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-06-16, 04:24 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^Congrats, looks mint!

I would it to be pricey suspect swapping to the LED headlamps as per the slight indication here

Not as nice as the OEM LED headlamps, but some folks have replaced their halogen bulbs with an LED or HID kit with nice resuts. I went the cheaper/easier route and got 6K H11 bulbs. Will post pics later.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-06-16 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-30-16, 09:38 AM
stephbell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI I just registered and have a 2010 HS 250H. Love the car but I continue to blow a fuse when using a converter to plug my computer in for recharging. I'd love any advice as to how I can prevent from doing so!
Old 10-01-16, 05:38 AM
A3OD
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Another newbie here
Old 10-03-16, 05:49 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

QUOTE=A3OD;9636555]

Another newbie here [/QUOTE]

Looks great! What offsets, and lowering springs?
Old 10-03-16, 03:25 PM
A3OD
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by grayson73
QUOTE=A3OD;9636555]

Another newbie here
Looks great! What offsets, and lowering springs?[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

+22 offset 19x9.5 wheels. RS*R Down springs.
Old 10-20-16, 09:10 AM
Reabralop
Driver School Candidate

Default First Lexus purchase

hey group,
i bought a 2010 HS 250h a couple weeks ago to use as my commuter car so I wouldn't rack up the miles on my Subaru. Round trip is about 83 miles a day.
Details;
base model
blueish silver color
140K miles (already over 142K since me driving it)
did the math from the two tanks I've run so far and get 37-38 mpg
i know enough about cars to spot the bad things and this one was clean and in good shape.
Looking forward to piling on the miles and seeing just how far I can push this hybrid!
Old 10-20-16, 01:10 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Reabralop
hey group,
i bought a 2010 HS 250h a couple weeks ago to use as my commuter car so I wouldn't rack up the miles on my Subaru. Round trip is about 83 miles a day.
Details;
base model
blueish silver color
i know enough about cars to spot the bad things and this one was clean and in good shape.
Looking forward to piling on the miles and seeing just how far I can push this hybrid!
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the mileage!
Old 10-20-16, 06:11 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Reabralop
hey group,
Details;
base model
blueish silver color
Congratulations! The HS is definitely an underdog and wish Lexus didn't discontinue the HS in the US. Enjoy the mpgs and happy driving.
Old 12-12-16, 06:41 PM
NigelB
Driver School Candidate

Default HS250h annoyances?

Am I just being picky, or do other people notice the same issues that often drive me insane about this car?

It's a 2011 Premium, rear camera (but not front), satnav, heated seats etc. Since we're in Canada we also have a spare set of rims with winter tyres (currently on the car because we've just had 15cm of snow!)

So, what bugs me? The phone and the satnav are unavailable while the car is moving. Obviously a safety issue (or what Lexus, in their parental wisdom, perceive to be a safety issue), but I'm often driving with my wife, and if we're lost even the passenger cannot operate either the phone or the satnav. That's a real pain, because having to stop the car, sometimes on a busy highway just so that I can key in a destination, or a phone number, is a real safety hazard. And I discovered today that the satnav was unavailable even to the voice navigation system while the car is moving. Had to stop for that too.

The satnav system itself is very difficult to work, and there is an interesting fault with ours; our car's satnav seems to think that we're about 200 meters west of where we really are. It keeps telling me to turn right at the next light, then left onto the street that I'm on! That may just be an adjustment issue, remediable by a dealer visit, I hope. But it just increases our frustration level.

Then the voice recognition system is terrible. I wanted to get to a road called "Horner Avenue" this morning. It took three tries, and all of them produced wrong - and in one case, wildly wrong - guesses by the system. I finally switched off the voice system in absolute frustration.

Next, the integration with my iPod is terrible. The system gives you choices in groups of six but, instead of waiting for you to make a choice, it starts playing the first choice on the screen, whether I want it to or not. That means that, if I'm listening to a piece of music or a talk, I can't "cue up" the next one because the radio will stop playing the one I'm listening to while I'm looking through the lists for my next choice. And don't even mention the fact that you can't do that while the car is moving either. Ask my wife to change the selection? Forget it - HS won't play.

The reversing camera is pretty good, while the car is clean. But they've installed it in a place that is the most prone to spray and dirt, so it gets wet and clouded up very quickly; to keep it useful in anything but sunny weather, the lens needs to be cleaned virtually daily, or more frequently if we're driving, even forwards, on rainy, snowy or slushy roads. Surely some basic computer simulation should have pointed that out to the car's designers.

The heated seats do not get very warm, and the only response I get from the dealer is that that's how they are designed. Pretty useless for anyone with a bad back or in a cold climate.

We spend half the year in Europe where I drive a Mercedes. Their electronics are far better thought out and implemented. I would never buy another car with systems like those in my current HS250h. It will certainly make me think three times before buying another Lexus, which I will not do without an extensive test run. In messy weather !
Old 10-11-17, 06:08 PM
ericdotcom
Driver School Candidate

Ok so i guess I'm the last one from this list. So, after doing my research diligently for the past 2 weeks or so about which hybrid to go with, i don't think that we could do any wrong ended up with 2010 HS250. color is black pearl. although we did have a chance to get a prius or camry hybrid, but due with our credit worthiness paying another $30 on top of getting a prius or camry , i think the hs250 is worth every penny. if the family loves it, then i love it. first time drove a hybrid and it was pretty boring to be frankly but theres a lot that goes into getting a hybrid and all my calculation couldn't agree more that driving a hybrid is certainly different than driving my previous car, the STI. the first week i really missed the sound of my STI valves and the power and speed and handling, but i don't want to be reminded of the tickets and the maintenance of my STI just to keep it steady. the hs250 is rather quiet and full of elegance. the first time i took it for a test drive i asked the sales person how do i turn the car on ? the guy said, dude its already on ! Lol. the gadgets in the hs250 and the mpg and the elegance the finesse i kinda got used to it first couple of days. anyhow, i will try to modify this hybrid best i can so that i won't get bored easily just like i did on the STI. i hope i won't relapse. Lol. so i will need suggestions and pictures of modded hs250. so no more turbo for me, just hybrid. i like the sense of going green than adding more pollution in the air. i enjoy reading your posts on here. I'm officially a newbie. I will post more pics of my baby when i get her some new shoes and springs. Cheers !
Old 11-15-17, 07:47 PM
jfiduccia
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello All:

Needed a "Hybrid" due to getting a new job with a 70 mile one-way commute. Yup, 140 miles a day. I won't be going up every day, but enough that I needed something with better mileage than my 1999 RX300! Knew nothing about hybrids, except that I see a Prius everywhere I look. Was browsing around for a used Prius without knowing that the HS250H existed. Saw one on craigslist that looked like a good opportunity...and a week later I'm driving it! (note: I decided that I needed something slightly larger than the Prius at the sacrifice of some mpg).

2010 HS250H - Smoky Granite with Black interior and 18" wheels
Premium
Navigation
Wide View Front Monitor
Rear Spoiler
Preferred Accessory Package
All Weather Mats
Glass Breakage Sensors
Paint Protection Film
Rear Bumper Applique (What's that?)
Remote Engine Start
178k mileage

The original owner (Who I bought this from) paid $46,169 plus tax.
Car is in excellent condition. Looks new inside and out. 100% of maintenance done at the Lexus dealership.
All required maintenance done on schedule and all receipts supplied.
Runs Great.
Still getting used to it!

The following users liked this post:
Trexus (11-15-17)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE