HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 08:35 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks pretty nice! Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 12-04-09, 05:33 AM
LexFather

Congrats to everyone, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-06-09, 08:26 PM
SS255
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
That's the best package to get in my opinion. Have you had a chance to try out the LKA and Radar Cruise?
I tried the LKA last night, and it beeped once. (Oops. )

I haven't been on the freeway yet, so I haven't used the Radar Cruise. I went away for a week 3 days after picking it up, and only have 80 miles on it. But the other day somebody stopped me in the parking lot at work to ask me questions about it, and today I saw some people pointing at me while I was pulling into my garage. The guards in my building were practically catcalling me -- they LOVE the color. You can really see the blue when it's parked in my garage. In the sunlight it looks 2 different shades of silver.

Unlike some of the other posters, I have only seen 2 others driving around LA, and one parked.

I'm attaching a picture of it looking blue.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-exterior-blue.jpg  
Old 02-17-10, 07:09 AM
Squirrelsb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi Folks!

Hi folks. New HS250h owner here. Just bought it a few weeks ago and really really like it. I'm coming from a Benz C320 Sport 4matic and while I must admit I prefer the body style on the MB considerably more, I'm in love with the inside of my HS. The outside is kinda ugly (comparatively), but honestly all hybrids are right now. I ended up wrecking my Benz so I had made up my mind my next car would be a hybrid.

Test drove the Fusion, Camry H, Prius and the HS and for me, the HS won with a close second to the Camry. The Fusion just felt cheap inside, the Prius looked like a bubble. The thing that pushed me over the Camry H was the inside of the HS -- which is just stunning with the fit, finish and tech. I found the fuel mileage to be equivalent to the Camry H, so I can't for the life of me understand why the HS is always compared to the Prius. For me, its logical to compare the Camry H to the HS as well as the Fusion. The Prius belongs in the Nissan Leaf and Honda Insight area. I truly believe that if more folks compared the HS to the cars that are similar in shape, size, engine and price they'd find the HS wins hands down.

I look forward to my new adventures with my HS and for those of you on the fence, I would ask you to compare after you test drove all the cars and not just go solely on an article or blog with folks commenting on a product they've never seen.

Last edited by Squirrelsb; 02-17-10 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Terrible grammar
Old 02-17-10, 07:37 AM
Lee4029
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Squirrelsb
Hi folks. New HS250h owner here. Just bought it a few weeks ago and really really like it. I'm coming from a Benz C320 Sport 4matic and while I must admit I prefer the body style on the MB considerably more, I'm in love with the inside of my HS. The outside is kinda ugly (comparatively), but honestly all hybrids are right now. I ended up wrecking my Benz so I had made up my mind my next car would be a hybrid.

Test drove the Fusion, Camry H, Prius and the HS and for me, the HS won with a close second to the Camry. The Fusion just felt cheap inside, the prius looked like a bubble. The thing that pushed me over the Camry H was the inside of the HS -- which is just stunning with the fit, finish and tech. I found the fuel mileage with the to be equivalent to the Camry H, so I can't for the life of me understand why the HS is always compared to the Prius and not the Camry because if they did, they'd find they're extremely comparable.

I look forward to my new adventures with my HS and those of you on the fence, I would ask you to compare after you drove and test all the cars and not just go solely on an article or blog with folks commenting on a product they've never seen.

That is exactly what my wife and I did.

Camry Hybrid - Our second choice. I am a big Toyota fan but was not thrilled with the interior.

Fusion Hybrid - The plastics and controls felt cheaply made. I like the style but the dealership wanted mid upper 30's for a fully loaded Fusion. Why would I pay this when Lexus is just slightly higher?

Prius - I like the newer body style better, but it did not really do it for me. Can't argue the great mileage.

Nissan Altima Hybrid - With 4 Nissan lots within 20 miles of me I was shocked none of them had a hybrid in stock. Not only that but I was told be 2 dealers they rarely had one and they did not sell. Really?

They HS won hands down for us.
Old 02-17-10, 08:56 AM
Squirrelsb
Rookie

Smile

Ack.. just re-read my post Terrible grammar! Guess thats what happens when you type without enough coffee in the system!

But yes Lee, I think more ppl should really test these cars before commenting on them. For me the price of the Fusion and the Camry H fully loaded $31K. My HS was just a bit more and all the gadets were already built in (except for the DVD headsets) and a few more gadgets I didnt think about. The Camry H would have needed to add those after the sale.

Oh and I'll post pics later when I get home. FYI, Matador Red.. love it with the 18" Toyos.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_1979.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_1980.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_1968.jpg  

Last edited by Squirrelsb; 02-17-10 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-18-10, 06:27 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Ack.. just re-read my post Terrible grammar! Guess thats what happens when you type without enough coffee in the system!

But yes Lee, I think more ppl should really test these cars before commenting on them. For me the price of the Fusion and the Camry H fully loaded $31K. My HS was just a bit more and all the gadets were already built in (except for the DVD headsets) and a few more gadgets I didnt think about. The Camry H would have needed to add those after the sale.

Oh and I'll post pics later when I get home. FYI, Matador Red.. love it with the 18" Toyos.
Those are great pics!

Did your dealer install the dvd set or did you go somewhere else to get it done?
Old 02-18-10, 08:41 AM
Lee4029
Driver School Candidate

Nice. Would be interested to hear about the DVD setup as well.
Old 02-18-10, 10:05 AM
Squirrelsb
Rookie

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Those are great pics!

Did your dealer install the dvd set or did you go somewhere else to get it done?
Thanks, I really like my HS the more things I find out about it. The DVD headsets are directly from Lexus and thus falls under their warranty for the rest of the car (4 years). They had to replace the old headrests and order new ones with the DVD s built into them that also matched my interior leather. They're very cool as you can watch shows independently or watch the same show on both headrests (this will require use of the headphones though). They also have an aux port to connect your media player or personal gaming device.

Plus they just look cool huh? When not in use, you can cover them with well, a cover that matches the interior leather.
The following users liked this post:
Newguy79 (08-06-23)
Old 02-18-10, 05:54 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, I really like my HS the more things I find out about it. The DVD headsets are directly from Lexus and thus falls under their warranty for the rest of the car (4 years). They had to replace the old headrests and order new ones with the DVD s built into them that also matched my interior leather. They're very cool as you can watch shows independently or watch the same show on both headrests (this will require use of the headphones though). They also have an aux port to connect your media player or personal gaming device.

Plus they just look cool huh? When not in use, you can cover them with well, a cover that matches the interior leather.
Must be a dealer accessory, because I haven't seen it at the Lexus website. I'll ask my dealer if they can do something like that. Btw its very nice that they're going to cover it under warranty
Old 02-18-10, 10:54 PM
psoccer555
Rookie

Congrats........very nicely done on the DVD set up! Good info to know! I've had mine for almost 2 months and enjoying it. Very comparable to other Lexus' I've owned.
Old 02-19-10, 11:51 AM
Squirrelsb
Rookie

Originally Posted by psoccer555
Congrats........very nicely done on the DVD set up! Good info to know! I've had mine for almost 2 months and enjoying it. Very comparable to other Lexus' I've owned.
Thanks.. I'm really starting to get used to driving it. First & second tank of gas I was around 31-33mpg, but now I'm averaging around 34-36mpg. Love that more than my Benz.
Old 03-26-10, 09:39 AM
billh556
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got mine this week - Premium with Golden Almond/Parchment, Nav. Liking it even more than I thought I would.

Quick noobie question - is there is no way to get the audio screen to stay on the navi display? I haven't found a way to do that yet, it always switches back to the map or info page. Most of the time I prefer to keep the audio screen up to see song/artist info from XM.
Old 03-29-10, 06:42 AM
LexFather

The headrests look great!
Old 04-09-10, 09:27 AM
Argelius
Pole Position

Default New HS Owner

I posted these in my "will my car ever arrive" thread, but thought I'd put them here where they probably belong.

I picked up my Mica Grey/Black 2010 HS 250h last night. It was a special order since I couldn't live without the Mark Levinson system -- I'm glad I held out, for the stereo is definitely the best I've ever had in any car. It's got every single option on it (LED headlights, Nav, Keep Lane Assist, etc).

So far (after 12 hours...) I'm pleased. Still trying to learn to navigate the iPod, Satellite, and DVD-A controls. Love the mouse thing, but the user-interface leaves much to be desired -- very unintuitive (but I love figuring things out and this wasn't a surprise).
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0011_2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0007_2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0004_2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE