Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

The 2008 July 4th Pearl Harbor Show N' Shine -OMAC-

Old 06-04-08, 01:57 AM
ArchangelX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation The 2008 July 4th Pearl Harbor Show N' Shine -OMAC-

The 2008 July 4th Pearl Harbor Show N' Shine sponsored by OMAC!

Come on down and show off your ride at the 2008 Pearl Harbor Block Party & Show N' Shine sponsored by the Oahu Motorsports Advisory Council. This annual event occurs every July 4th...and is one of the best Independance Day Celebrations on the Island! You'll automatically have the closest front row seat for the most amazing fireworks spectacular! Set and timed to music, it really is the most incredible 4th of July experience and it's practically right on top of you! Show your support for the military and motorsports community, and celebrate with us!

There will be a sign-up booth at the Build The Track! Motorsports Show on Saturday, June 14th, 2008! This will give you an opportunity to conveniantly pay your entry fee and submit your registration! You may also register and pay through PayPal at www.buildthetrack.com or click the following link:

Click here for Registration!

Participants:We've got room for 100 vehicles of every make and model! Win trophies for the following classes:

- Race Spec Vehicle
- Hot Rod
- Hot Import
- Hot Truck
- Hot Bike

There is a $10 Reservation Fee. This fee will be refunded through a $10 Food Voucher. It's specific purpose is to ensure that entrants participate in the show. Due to the low number of available entry spaces, we must ensure that all entrants attend the show, otherwise, we could end up having people missing out because people entered bogus entries, while never having a serious intent to attend.

In accordance with security requirements of Naval Station Pearl Harbor, all participants are required to submit their Social Security numbers to the event coordinator no later than June 24th. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone else, will be kept confidential, and will only be used for the aforementioned purpose.

If you intend to have anyone else come with you onto the base, we will need their full name and social security numbers. Children under 18 accompanied by their parents, only need to submit their names (parents still need to submit both). Please include their Full Names & Social Security Numbers in the Additional Comments section.

After the success of the 2008 Build The Track! Motorsports Show, OMAC hopes that all of you will help us in supporting our military community with this event. The military community plays a huge role in motorsports, and it is because of this, that we have joined together with the Navy Hawaii MWR in this effort. Help us to BUILD THE TRACK! and support our local military while spreading awareness!

Please support our military and motorsports community! We hope to see you there!
Old 06-04-08, 02:03 AM
St.204
Lead Lap

just a quick concern. i think people will be itchy about giving out SS numbers.......
Old 06-04-08, 02:06 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by St.204
just a quick concern. i think people will be itchy about giving out SS numbers.......
true but thats common nowday for getting 'on base', that way you'll get a pass to get on.

sorry i wish i could make it but im the grill man for family bbq so i get to SAMPO all da meat ppl bring
Old 06-14-08, 07:31 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

so no one from CLH is going to this show? I went last year and it was pretty good. would be nice to see some lexus' there.
Old 07-05-08, 05:06 AM
ArchangelX
Driver School Candidate

The 2008 Pearl Harbor Show & Shine was a phenomenal success! It was an incredible turnout, and much mahalos to all of my volunteers for making it happen. Emily, Jason, Steve, Tig, Chris, Tom, Jim B., Bryan, Papo, and anyone else I missed...thanks a bunch I couldn't have done it without you.

100+ vehicles attended, of which, 88 competed for the top 3 in their class. The winners will be announced on the www.buildthetrack.com website, but we gave away 12 beautiful trophies at the end of the day plus 100 free t-shirts to all of our entrants!

It was much more than a car show...with literally THOUSANDS of people attending. The Car Show was a primary highlight, but there was so much to see and do it was simply crazy. There were HUGE keiki bouncers, wrestling matches, live entertainment by the Ka'ala Boys and 808, comedian Russell Peters and company, rock-climbing, a cool azz american gladiators style knock'em off thingamabob, Texas Hold'Em poker tournaments (our man Papo won a round trip ticket to somewhere!), arts and crafts, a keiki ride-along choo choo train, carnival rides, a petting zoo, a scuba/snorkel pool where you could dive with real professionals, an absolutely huge amount of food vendors - everything from pizza to hot dogs to burritos to mix plate and more, tons of carnival games, and even tours of a Japanese cruiser, and finally tons of prizes like a roundtrip to Vegas! Whew!

It all capped off with a 30 minute Fireworks Spectacular that was set and timed to music, and was practically in your face. It was an amazing day, and the car show went off without a hitch with more entries than we had last year!

Here's the photos, and thanks to all who attended!

July 4th Pearl Harbor Show & Shine Photos