Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Security Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-08, 05:49 PM
808d-no
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security Help

I was just wondering what type of security systems you guys were running. I need to get one ASAP. Someone tryied to steal my wheels while I was parked at Ward. Was missing 4 lugs, they couldn't take off the locking lug. I usually get clifford alarms but don't know which one is good now. Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Old 05-21-08, 06:27 PM
breakb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy crap. that sucks. i think i heard some ppl go viper, or i think my cousin had clifford. good thing i'm basically stock still. i only have stock alarm. but it works! hope it don't happen to u again man.

peace out
Old 05-21-08, 07:49 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

call revision audio and ask samson for his opinion and tell him you were referred to him by club lexus *cough* not that you'll get any thing out of it but it sounds cool to me *
Old 05-21-08, 08:01 PM
St.204
Lead Lap

stopped by there and samson tried to get me into considering those AME rims.....i like what he did to the place....more room downstairs
Old 05-21-08, 09:28 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

yeah the new showroom upstairs is immaculate! it felt so good up there, I didnt want to leave. Im so wanting AMEs and hid fogs right now. that place is evil!
Old 05-21-08, 09:37 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

sorry for not answering the thread...someone recommended this to me. the viper 330HV http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=111

it supposed to use the oem fob without any other remote.
Old 05-22-08, 12:10 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Viper alarms are made by DEI which is the same parent company of Clifford. When Clifford was independent, I was a Clifford fan. Now that they are the exact same as Viper, I just get Viper, or should I say DEI since a lot of their alarms are the same. DEI alarms were always easy to install by yourself. I don't know if it is the same now that DEI owns Clifford, but Clifford never used to have an installation manual. They used to send the manual to the dealers on CD that expeired. When the CD expired, it was no longer usable and they would send you another copy.

Also, I'm not sure if it still is the same. You have to ask Samson, but DEI used to gave a genius marketing strategy. They wanted to flood the market with their products, but they didn't want to tarnish their Viper brand image. As you know, the installation is key to any security system. Therefore, they released sub brands like Python, Sidewinder and such. These were essentially the exact same products as the Viper line, only sold cheaper and through dealer networks that weren't approved to sell Viper. That may not be the case today though, but I used to save a lot of money that way.
Old 05-22-08, 12:19 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DEI = Dale Earnhardt Inc. for NASCAR
Old 05-22-08, 01:39 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VIP07lexIS
that place is evil!
is it? so i guess is not my kung fu then.
Old 05-22-08, 07:48 AM
viplex_gs
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by VIP07lexIS
yeah the new showroom upstairs is immaculate! it felt so good up there, I didnt want to leave. Im so wanting AMEs and hid fogs right now. that place is evil!
Originally Posted by REV-01
is it? so i guess is not my kung fu then.

i think what he meant by that samson, is there's so many goodies to buy at ur shop it's like a sin to walk into ur shop and come out empty handed...ya know, like a baby in a toy store or candy shop "look but no touch.
Old 05-22-08, 10:16 AM
beangrower
Pole Position

^nawh, the place is just straight up evil. haha.

i need a security system too. I would def. recommend samson. in fact, that's how i met the guy. He did all the alarms on my cars... my 240, g35, my bro's frontier...etc. All clean installations, great price, and lifetime warranty on installation. How can u go wrong with that?? hey samson,
lemme know when u get these alarms in:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm
Old 05-22-08, 10:59 AM
808d-no
Driver

Thanks for the advice. I'll go down and check it out when I can.
Old 05-22-08, 03:01 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by beangrower
^nawh, the place is just straight up evil. haha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm
LoL!!! I was there for just one day and I seriously wanted to go to the bank and pull out my savings.

Also that link is pretty funny. Its gonna end up like Twisted Metal if that ever comes out here. People gonna get burned for even cutting people off.
Old 05-22-08, 07:12 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by viplex_gs
i think what he meant by that samson, is there's so many goodies to buy at ur shop it's like a sin to walk into ur shop and come out empty handed...ya know, like a baby in a toy store or candy shop "look but no touch.
you are correct sir...so much things I wanted to get but doesnt fit in my budget. have other bills I have to take care of before getting any toys from RA. so I must fight the urge to go back there until I have money to spend or else I might get into some trouble. and yes, I still believe that place is evil.
Old 05-27-08, 03:54 PM
scheme56
Driver School Candidate

out of the alarms i purchased [viper (several models), clifford (2 models), autopage, alpine], i'd say viper is the best all around. any 2-stage shock sensor should deter rim stealers. be sure to have your alarm installed by a reputable alarm shop as they will know how/where to set up the alarm brain, sensors, extra accessories and (phantom) valet switch. the alarm is only as good as the installer.

Quick Reply: Security Help