Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

windows retinted for the 4th time

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 08:41 PM
sixseven1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windows retinted for the 4th time

Just got my windows retinted for the 4th time today. my tint was originally done at a tint shop near my place, had some peeling and bubbles the first time. went back after a few weeks for them to re do it, still peeling, bubbles, and this time dirt and hair/carpet fibers caught in the film. again went back, still the same thing plus they left the passenger door lock wire harness disconnected and melted a small portion of the driver door laminated door pillar that cost $38 for a replacement which the tint shop paid for. i was done dealing with them after all that. found a place down town that would honor my solarguard warranty, they did good work but i still find small dirt specs and carpet fiber in the film nothing major, but it kinda bothers me. is something like that i should learn to live with, or if i'm just being picky?
Old 04-28-08, 09:32 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

two words for you.....Al's Tinting.....

they have great experiences with lexus......and did a perfect job on mines....
their deals are great and reasonable. I was hesitant to take it to places that didn't know what an ISF is.

bottom line, sounds like you got a hobo tint job if you can notice carpet strands and dirt in them.....its not picky....
Old 04-28-08, 10:14 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hmm... wow... near your place, did you goto MD tinting? cuz if you did i got my tint done there and... no problems.

I hear tintwerks (something like that) does a good job.
Old 04-28-08, 10:30 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

sorry to hear about your tint. the only place I trust my cars getting tinted at is AL's Tinting. great guy, awesome service and flawless work. took 5 of my cars there with no problem. the best place hands down...and I get the VIP treatment...deals & priority service. I refer all my family and friends there. if you dont want to drive aiea side, tintwerks in town is alright.
Old 04-28-08, 10:47 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, Al's gets all my cars, Lexus or non-Lexus. Ceramic all-around!
Old 04-28-08, 11:34 PM
sixseven1
Driver

yup MD glass was the fist place that did my tint. Tintwerks is where i just came from. few friends came over and saw me staring at my window's, told them about the specs of dirt on my tint, they couldn't find them until i pointed out to them. i'll give it a few weeks for the film to settle down.
does Al's tint use solarguard?
Old 04-28-08, 11:45 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

I got the huper optik tint....best for heat rejection....worth the extra money, btw have them do a heart test for you and you'll realize how much of a difference it makes.
Old 04-29-08, 12:12 AM
808is3
Pole Position

i went to midnight tinting which is inside of atomics. no issues for me. on my first car i learned to do my research. as far as lil particles, well i guess that depends... wait a few days if it doesn't get better go back. oh and traces of carpet fiber? now thats not normal.
Old 04-29-08, 12:16 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ryan i dont know what to tell you cept... damm that sux, seems like you got some pretty crappy karma when it comes to tint
Old 04-29-08, 12:35 AM
eyft23
Driver

damn thats too bad. i've been doing business with al for about 16 years and no problems at all. they've done 9 of my cars and numerous friends of mine.
Old 04-29-08, 12:46 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chikken
I got the huper optik tint....best for heat rejection....worth the extra money, btw have them do a heart test for you and you'll realize how much of a difference it makes.
Huper Optik on my RXh and soon on the GSh. Al's is the exclusive distributor for Huper Optik tint. They are the only ones that do autos and I think ACE glass buys from them for residential/commercial.

chikken, did you tint the windshield too?
Old 04-29-08, 01:27 AM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tod071
Huper Optik on my RXh and soon on the GSh. Al's is the exclusive distributor for Huper Optik tint. They are the only ones that do autos and I think ACE glass buys from them for residential/commercial.

chikken, did you tint the windshield too?
i want to, but too chikken....don't want to get pulled over, plus the saftey check issue.....maybe, i'll go and check and see what it looks like on the car before i decide to or not heheheh
Old 04-29-08, 02:23 AM
breakb
Lead Lap

how much do u think it would cost a sc to get tinted at Al's? seeing that i don't have any yet and i should possibly get some since tax return is coming...

Peace out
Old 04-29-08, 03:19 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by breakb
how much do u think it would cost a sc to get tinted at Al's? seeing that i don't have any yet and i should possibly get some since tax return is coming...

Peace out
I don't know how much it'll cost at Al's but mine (35% all five windows plus 5% sunroof) came out to $370. I do not recommend this mobile tinter because he refused to re-tint where there were large hair/carpet trapped between tint and glass. Also, this maybe SC specific but it is very hard to remove the rear view mirror and it seemed like he forced it so the ball joint part of the mirror was very loose. Needless to say I had to fix it. So be sure to check the rear view mirror after all the work is done.

To OP, good luck resolving your issue. I had to hunt down few more tint shops to redo original tinter's mistake.. I guess I should've researched tint shops before pulling the trigger.
Old 04-29-08, 09:58 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by breakb

Peace out
They'll probably range between 375-400 because the film itself is expensive. Windshield is 225.

Quick Reply: windows retinted for the 4th time