Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Our own hawaii team???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-08, 10:33 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 808LS460
ok, what's up with the sticker! do you guys really need a sticker? these the sticker make a team or club? is everyone in the team or club going to do shows? do you guys want a team or club?... what i'm trying to say is just post up. make dates to meet up, have fun, have bbq talk about cars... have fun. you don't need a team or club. to just hang out and talk about lexus....
just think about it.

I agree with Bryan. I dont think we really need a sticker unless we are going to enter shows. but I still want one to stick on my computer. and I like the idea of not having any requirements to join. the more modded, the better, but what it all comes down to is a bunch of cool people, who own lexus', coming together to talk about their rides, share ideas/tips and have fun. it would be nice to come up with a team/club name, so when people like Bryan or Judd enter shows and win, we can be proud about something. more so, I'd like to have shirts printed so we look unified at shows/meets/cruises. I can help with the shirts if someone designs the logo/print...stickers too.
Old 03-22-08, 10:36 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
hahaha, your already IN silly, just that to get the CLH sticker you just gotta DRIVE over , were all CL after all

Hapaboy is the exception, since we put him to work for us. He doesnt need to bring his car
psh im gonna rebadge a yact and drive/boat over. Its gonna be the first Lexus Boat.
Old 03-23-08, 06:23 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just my 2 cents.....

I think it's a good idea for a CLH, however, I think putting stickers on your ride is pre-mature at this point. There are pros and cons to being "identified" with a sticker. When you slap on a club sticker, each member is held to a higher level. What you do represents the group. Is everyone ready to accept that? You need to set some basic rules like NO racing or drifting at any time (only at the track).

Keeping it laid back and fun is key....we all share enthusiasm for the Lexus brand, if you create a rule like having roll call, or having to show face X number of times, then it won't be fun anymore.

Like Bryan said....I just wanna talk about cars...aftermarket parts, etc...

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 03-23-08 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-23-08, 07:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Ok, i PM'd daveGS4 about the use of using the name club lexus hawaii and since he and i have had such a long relationship here, right dave? He said it'd be great as long as we dont use 'alexis' font, were good to go.
Correct, thanks. Just to clarify no use of the Lexus font please, or the 'circle L' per request from Lexus Corp. What you are making aren't Club Lexus stickers (we're working on producing them) but are for your local club! If you don't mind I'd like to take a peek at the image before you get any made.

As llamboiz says, they should be given away at meets (not sold for profit). I suggested considering the same model NELOC has for theirs - attend three meets before you get one.

PHML has some excellent points as well. I'd encourage you to define what your club is all about - it shouldn't be just about stickers.
Old 03-23-08, 11:49 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP07lexIS
Judd enter shows and win...
hahaha... would i enter? yeah why not but as for winning... ahahaha 'stock' class MAYBE

Originally Posted by PHML
There are pros and cons to being "identified" with a sticker. When you slap on a club sticker, each member is held to a higher level. What you do represents the group. Is everyone ready to accept that? You need to set some basic rules like NO racing or drifting at any time (only at the track).
You guys heard that? I hope everyone knows just exactly what this means. If you are unclear then please dont ask for a sticker until you do figure this out.

Keeping it laid back and fun is key....we all share enthusiasm for the Lexus brand, if you create a rule like having roll call, or having to show face X number of times, then it won't be fun anymore.
Just to clarify this point once again, there will be a few rules thou and i think they need to be listed:
1. We are a Lexus owners club first and foremost. Everyone is welcome AND make everyone feel welcome. Remember owners club and not a car club. You must own a Lexus although all events are 'open' to all makes for those who love Lexus yet don't own one or who just want to come out to show support.
2. Family, work, school comes before 'club'.
3. There will be no discrimination on lvl of modification or styling type. (stock/sport/vip/dub/4wheelah/whatever)
4. No drugs/alcohol at meets. Only drugs are doctor prescribed.
5. Family friendly meets. Meaning if your child cant enter Club FemNu then there will be no 'offical events' held at such age restricted places.
6. At all meets there will be 'no drama', of the human type and the attraction of police type.
LASTLY...
7. Running a sticker is 'owners choice, you dont have too if you dont want too' therefore a 3meet attendance to get them. Exceptions are: CL members from elsewhere who come out and actually 'work' at meets, ie:Hapaboy. *should you chose to place it on your car then you will officially be 'representing' and will shoulder the burden of creating a respectable name for the club (this includes, 'is my car ghetto'). No illegal street antics/no disrespect of other clubs/if you enjoy attending Runumhard type meets do not ask for a sticker/if you still dont understand and i need to explain more then your not 'ready'.

These are very simple and easy to understand, i do not foresee the need to add more/if you have to ask then your probally breaking one. If you dont agree with any of these rules then its very simple, please dont come. If CLH doesnt work out, the first 6 rules will still be in effect for any normal CL meet i organize, which i will still continue to do reguardless. There will be no roll call, dont know where that came from cuz well... its kinda silly Do other clubs do that??? wow... thats amuses me.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
If you don't mind I'd like to take a peek at the image before you get any made.
I was gonna do that anyway

Last edited by llamaboiz; 03-23-08 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-23-08, 12:36 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Just my 2 cents.....

I think it's a good idea for a CLH, however, I think putting stickers on your ride is pre-mature at this point. There are pros and cons to being "identified" with a sticker. When you slap on a club sticker, each member is held to a higher level. What you do represents the group. Is everyone ready to accept that? You need to set some basic rules like NO racing or drifting at any time (only at the track).

Pete
all it takes is one person to make a tiny mistake to the wrong person, at the wrong time, and it'll make everyone who has the sticker look bad or should I say "MARKED" I'm not saying that you guys are going to do that because I haven't met all of you yet, but it can happened even if you don't realize it, like accidently cutting off the wrong person.... just sharing my experience. but I do like the idea of getting together and talk cars and hanging out!
Old 03-23-08, 01:09 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chikken
all it takes is one person to make a tiny mistake to the wrong person, at the wrong time, and it'll make everyone who has the sticker look bad or should I say "MARKED" I'm not saying that you guys are going to do that because I haven't met all of you yet, but it can happened even if you don't realize it, like accidently cutting off the wrong person.... just sharing my experience. but I do like the idea of getting together and talk cars and hanging out!
Yes, i do understand this point, of course sometimes there are unforeseen/unavoidable acts of God that well... just happen. As for 'a few bad apples', well it doesnt matter where you go everyone is a human being after all, besides who can say their truly 'good' anyways. We just have to do the best we can thats all and weed out the bad ones.

To everyone,
Lets stop looking at the 'negative' ok? I myself try not to 'look at the bad side' of things in life cuz i've learned 'sheet happens' and i'm not gonna worry about things i cant control. I myself am willing to take a chance and im only looking at the plus side, i would like everyone to think positive too. CL is making stickers too just that we are adding Hawaii, defining us, thats all.

Last edited by llamaboiz; 03-23-08 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-23-08, 02:03 PM
808LS460
Owes Club Lexus $10,000. Banned

Yes, i do understand this point, of course sometimes there are unforeseen/unavoidable acts of God that well... just happen. As for 'a few bad apples', well it doesnt matter where you go everyone is a human being after all, besides who can say their truly 'good' anyways. We just have to do the best we can thats all and weed out the bad ones.

To everyone,
Lets stop looking at the 'negative' ok? I myself try not to 'look at the bad side' of things in life cuz i've learned 'sheet happens' and i'm not gonna worry about things i cant control. I myself am willing to take a chance and im only looking at the plus side, i would like everyone to think positive too. CL is making stickers too just that we are adding Hawaii, defining us, thats all.
yo i'm sorry i have to say this but, here it goes ok. it sounds like you really want a team or a club. you are asking poeple about how to or to start up a club. if you really want to belong to a club or team i say join team revision.....etc. you cant really force poeple on here to join or make a club or team..... as long as i can remember, club lexus was all about just coming together and talking about cars or lexus..... and that is what i loved about club lexus. there no car club or team that you have deal with in the end.....

Last edited by 808LS460; 03-23-08 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-23-08, 02:22 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 808LS460
yo i'm sorry i have to say this but, here it goes ok. it sounds like you really want a team or a club. you are asking poeple about how to or to start up a club. if you really want to belong to a club or team i say join team revision.....etc. you cant really force poeple on here to join or make a club or team..... as long as can remember, club lexus was all about just coming together and talking about cars or lexus..... and that is what i loved about club lexus. there no car club or team that you have deal with in the end.....
Err... no, im not forcing anyone to do anything... everything is up to too you, im just putting something out there, if you dont want to come then dont, thats your choice i really dont care, im just doing the same thing we normally do, just adding things like sat nite starbucks and creating stickers n stuff for the ppl that want to kick it up a notch... Whats different?

My 'rules' are friendly rules that im sure everyone can agree with right? The only thing you have to deal with is: IF you run a sticker and the responsibility that goes with it, if you cant handle it, then dont put it on. Its your choice. It doesnt mean anything if you dont.

Please tell me what i'm forcing people to do, be specific so that i may look at it and that i many change it.
Old 03-23-08, 02:33 PM
chikken
Lead Lap

Cool

Err... no, im not forcing anyone to do anything... everything is up to too you, im just putting something out there, if you dont want to come then dont, thats your choice i really dont care, im just doing the same thing we normally do, just adding things like sat nite starbucks and creating stickers n stuff for the ppl that want to kick it up a notch... Whats different?

My 'rules' are friendly rules that im sure everyone can agree with right? The only thing you have to deal with is: IF you run a sticker and the responsibility that goes with it, if you cant handle it, then dont put it on. Its your choice. It doesnt mean anything if you dont.

Please tell me what i'm forcing people to do, be specific so that i may look at it and that i many change it.
I think its great that you're setting these meets up. Its gives us (me) a chance to meet everyone and get ideas on what to do to my car. I wouldn't mine getting a sticker for my laptop ....I don't want to make CLH look bad if I put the sticker on my car. hehe
Old 03-23-08, 03:46 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chikken
I think its great that you're setting these meets up. Its gives us (me) a chance to meet everyone and get ideas on what to do to my car. I wouldn't mine getting a sticker for my laptop ....I don't want to make CLH look bad if I put the sticker on my car. hehe
Wow, I can't imagine how much more you can do to an IS-F besides cosmetic mods.
Old 03-23-08, 03:57 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

I guess the point is membership is optional. You aren't required to be a CLH member to hang out and stuff, or to drop by to CLH meets. These events are open to ALL Lexus enthusiasts, members or not.

Pete
Old 03-23-08, 04:53 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

I guess the point is membership is optional. You aren't required to be a CLH member to hang out and stuff, or to drop by to CLH meets. These events are open to ALL Lexus enthusiasts, members or not.

Pete
ahahaha, yea thats exactly what im trying to say. thx pete
Old 03-23-08, 10:52 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

i think its a point pete pointed, or i should say spelt out is the key, keep in mind every thing is optional, and every thing is very laid back. theres no dictator ship here, more like a bunch of friends sharing what they love. and if we want to make it known what group of people we belong in then i dont see any sort of problem with that.

i know i've made it a point to make it to every meet since i started entering the car scene, and im glad i've been able to meet guys like judd who have made joining what seemed to me as a foreign world alot more accessible. now im glad im part of club lexus, and so what if i want to rep it. and its not me just saying any one, let it me myself, or judd should have more say in any thing just because we always go out every thing, because to me every one has equal say. and the majority are insupport of what CLH would stand for. its nothing about seniority or w/e, its just us lexus guys trying to make our own little community, a little more official.
Old 03-24-08, 12:48 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Guys,

Again....its optional to join CLH...Judd's been initiating the most recent meets and cruises....got DaveGS4 to approve....I applaud him for his efforts . I believe it was his and a few other's idea to start CLH as well (please correct me if Im wrong)...so I would defer to their vision of CLH...including some basic rules. Maybe setup a committee on rules. In any case, there must be compromise. You aren't going to make everyone happy....so if anyone don't like it....don't join...plain and simple. There's always other clubs Pimplux, X|K, Team Revision, etc....or just be a loner....and drop by occasionally to meets/outings....like me.

pete

Quick Reply: Our own hawaii team???