Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Man da local section is really dead.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 03:37 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry Man da local section is really dead.

Ok... i've been surfing the other local forums... BUT... lotta them are nothing but 11pm costco meet then go race on da hwy... In my younger days atleast we'd goto sandys, sure its still a public road BUT its still much safer for others than the H1/H2/H3... AND its kinda hard not seem like an *** to the corolla/celica boiz when you pull up in a lexus, envy will get your car key'd or worse

ALSO, for the amount of Lexi we have here we dont get together much... even thou yea, i have bailed early... Durring the Aug. meet i spent most of the time talking to that chick with the IS350 that didnt wanna park by us, which in someways is much much better than hanging with da boiz from da internet BUT STILL... Pot Luck neone? All we need is da food/blue tarps to sit on...

Which reminds me, REV-01, nov. 8th, will there be food *never seen a wagon at kaka'ako park yet* or should we grab zippacks before we come?

To ne mods who read this, yes yes i know about asking for stickers, BUT there are only a few CL members here and representing CL, with it displayed on the car, is a major oversight for us on da rock, maybe something like a min post count before you can ask, once they get reprinted that is... This is especially true for 2IS owners as CL is da main sourse of 2IS info/convos in america, course im sure our cousins in taiwan own...

What is the point of this thread? I'm bored?
Old 10-17-07, 04:44 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after i finish reading your thread, then i looked at your join day and post count...WOW!

yeah the local board is kinda slow, but if you are bored you can check out my club's website and say hi, i am not the president of the club but cool peeps overthere. sometimes might be slow but don't be afraid to post up.

www.pimplux.com
Old 10-18-07, 02:10 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha i agree, llamaboiz + 1809 post = god. lmao. but ya i agree, hawaii section seems pretty dead, i wish i knew more IS owners. like if any one goes to UH i'd love to know so i can park next to u insted of parking next to the prelude owners =/. but ya most of the meets in hawaii really isnt for me either, e.g. civic ones :O n it'd be nice if there was a way to get more hawaii IS owners in hawaii together. like my friend who drives a prelude has HPOC n it makes fellow club members alot easier to spot. granted idk if i really want to stick a sticker on my car =/.
Old 10-18-07, 02:25 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by weesped
haha i agree, llamaboiz + 1809 post = god. lmao. but ya i agree, hawaii section seems pretty dead, i wish i knew more IS owners. like if any one goes to UH i'd love to know so i can park next to u insted of parking next to the prelude owners =/. but ya most of the meets in hawaii really isnt for me either, e.g. civic ones :O n it'd be nice if there was a way to get more hawaii IS owners in hawaii together. like my friend who drives a prelude has HPOC n it makes fellow club members alot easier to spot. granted idk if i really want to stick a sticker on my car =/.
what is the name of your friend? i know almost everyone in hpoc. i am a sponsor on hpoc forum.
Old 10-18-07, 03:37 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

his name is chris, he drives the black gen 5 prelude with full SH kit, he's only had the car for a couple of months now
Old 10-18-07, 01:29 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

Just wanted to say hey and add that although I haven't been able to show support yet at any of the local meets you guys have been great with advice when asked. Mahalo for that and hope to see ya on the 8th.
Old 10-19-07, 01:38 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Ah damnit the next meet is on the 8th? I'll be in Vegas. I'd skip it but I can't since I'm going to a wedding... and I'm the best man
You guys need to document this well... for my sake. Hah!
Old 10-19-07, 03:42 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Speaking of posts count. Look at my join date and I'm a moderator as well. Pretty soon llamaboiz will over take my post count
Old 10-19-07, 03:51 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL...I joined CL back in 1999 when they had their first forum....then it was revamped to this one....so post count would have been higher. But who cares about post count, right? Its not how many post you put up, but the quality of the posts.

Anyways, I think I still got some CL stickers lying around. Maybe one day I'll show up to a meet and hand them out.

Pete
Old 10-20-07, 08:32 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have SoCal ClubLexus stickers but I'm afraid to put it on because I don't want to present myself like a poser.. Having minimal exterior mods doesn't help either I guess. +1 for Hawaii Sticker!
Old 10-22-07, 07:03 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

REV-01, wasnt your forum on something like postjunky something like that???
Old 10-22-07, 09:12 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
REV-01, wasnt your forum on something like postjunky something like that???

the postjunky one is where i post most of my car related stuff...but the car club i am in is call pimplux. both me and ck6speed are active member there.
Old 10-23-07, 08:23 PM
2IS808
Rookie

Well the meets that we have posted up only get a few cars to come out. With that being in mind theres alot of talk on the boards (CL) however no one shows up. I think there was 11 cars total in august. Pretty good turnout but I do remember many times where a meet was posted and only 4-6 people would come out.. Alot of people have lost interest in the Lexus meets for this exact reason. If more people start to show then im sure it will catch on where it could become monthly instead of every 2-6 months or so.
Old 10-24-07, 04:51 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMHO, 5-6 cars is not that bad. One thing to remember is some of those early CL meets that PHML posted pics of a lot of those Lexus members were all part of the same car club, and therefore a lot of their friends would come out as well. Having half a dozen guys that only have Club Lexus and a Lexus in common is actually a pretty good showing IMHO.

Personally, I think having a large CL meet 1-2 times a year is actually pretty good. Even some car clubs don't have a meet every month. That just gets be be too much. The old CL meets that PHML posted up used to be once a a year.
Old 10-24-07, 10:23 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Having half a dozen guys that only have Club Lexus and a Lexus in common is actually a pretty good showing IMHO.
Thats a very good point, i do perfer CL due to the anonimity of the net, being a mainland forum n all, just that in the particular mdl boards there is a wealth of info here and im very thxfull for that, thus my loyalty to CL and my wish for atleast a more active local board.

The local car scene is... well... it can be scary at times, lots of exhibition of speed on public roads, the group of tweakers on the side who maybe be checkin your car out for $$$, i've heard that in some clicks they have like a 'rank' type pyramid for members...??? Too much high makamaka/im better than you/smarter than you/you got nothing i need so i dont need you attitudes and way to clickish... *yes ive said this before and i'll keep saying it* maybe im just meeting the wrong ppl/its all in my head/i dont get out enough/too much OR not enough crip maybe LOL wait a minute... when im wit my boiz, we do the same thing to newcomers/young bucks

I will give props to REV and his crew thou, their cars look like kings and mine looks like a child but the ppl dont act how their cars look, really laid back and no attitude.

I'm just rambling... cant play bf2 cuz im seeding the 1996 movie, Shuto Kosoku Trail on bt, best street racing movie EVA, banned in japan the day it was released . *cough* it not pirate if its not IMDB/RIAA lic in the US If you want a copy lemme know and i'll burn a disk for youz guyz and bring them to the nov8th event 4free o course.

Quick Reply: Man da local section is really dead.