Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 10:24 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawaii Superferry

this looks dope!!!

http://www.hawaiisuperferry.com/default.html

any HI CL members planning on trying this?

I just wish there were direct trips between Maui and Kaui.

Please post feedback if you guys try this.

Last edited by slowdiver; 08-26-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-26-07, 10:29 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was excited about trying it until I read the "test" riders comments. One guy said his car was covered with salt spray. I thought they would be inside but???? Not crazy about having either of my cars coated with salt spray.

Aloha.
Larry
Old 08-26-07, 10:32 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

yeah thats why I will use the rental beater

you could always just cover your car for the ride.
Old 08-27-07, 11:11 AM
GSFKN3
Driver School Candidate

I have a friend thats works on the ferry as a mechanic, and he say's theres 3 decks of parking and that they're all really tight!!!
Old 08-27-07, 03:13 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

if is up and running i don't mind taking cars to the maui show next month.
Old 08-27-07, 04:59 PM
euro.r
Driver

Superferry sucks...great idea, not affordable.
Old 08-28-07, 10:44 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by euro.r
Superferry sucks...great idea, not affordable.
I think we have to look at the trip as a "mini cruise" not just transportation outer island. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
Old 08-29-07, 03:32 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Difinately not affordable if you are just going for a weekend. That fuel surcharge is a killer. However, for an every once in a while vacation to the outer Island I'd do it. Even if it takes 3 hours, it sure is better than coming early to the airport, sitting on those hard seats, getting crammed into the tight airplane, renting a car and such. Also, if you do a car cruise, or a car show on the outer Island this is perfect.

Have you guys seen all those protestors? IMHO, I think that was in poor taste. No Aloha for their fellow neighbor Islanders. You seen that lady hit the guys car as he drove off the Ferry? That lady would have my fist in her face if she ever thouched my car. A mans car is like a mans home. Don't screw around with it.

No too mention, a lot of us that would use this Super Ferry have lived on, and/or have family that still live on the outer Islands. My mom grew up on Maui. We go every year for our Higa reuniun. I have a lot of family there. It pisses me off what some of them were saying. "Your on our home now" "Please respect our home" Seriously, do you see any of us on Oahu standing in front of the baggage claim greeting the Maui and Kaui planes saying those thigns? To those people. Screw you. Don't come to Oahu the next time you feel like it.
Old 08-29-07, 09:46 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Difinately not affordable if you are just going for a weekend. That fuel surcharge is a killer. However, for an every once in a while vacation to the outer Island I'd do it. Even if it takes 3 hours, it sure is better than coming early to the airport, sitting on those hard seats, getting crammed into the tight airplane, renting a car and such. Also, if you do a car cruise, or a car show on the outer Island this is perfect.

Have you guys seen all those protestors? IMHO, I think that was in poor taste. No Aloha for their fellow neighbor Islanders. You seen that lady hit the guys car as he drove off the Ferry? That lady would have my fist in her face if she ever thouched my car. A mans car is like a mans home. Don't screw around with it.

No too mention, a lot of us that would use this Super Ferry have lived on, and/or have family that still live on the outer Islands. My mom grew up on Maui. We go every year for our Higa reuniun. I have a lot of family there. It pisses me off what some of them were saying. "Your on our home now" "Please respect our home" Seriously, do you see any of us on Oahu standing in front of the baggage claim greeting the Maui and Kaui planes saying those thigns? To those people. Screw you. Don't come to Oahu the next time you feel like it.
Well put. I don't get their thinking. If 100 people take their own cars or 100 people rent cars we still have the same traffic problems. If the Superferry is breaking no law than why didn't the Coast Guard and Police do their jobs?
Old 08-29-07, 10:40 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do think those protesters are a bunch of hippies... wheres Cartman when you need him...
Old 08-29-07, 10:52 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
I do think those protesters are a bunch of hippies... wheres Cartman when you need him...
I say get on the bullhorn and let everyone know you are coming through. If you don't move well ----- don't blame me , you were warned.

Aloha,
Larry

Last edited by Larry96815; 09-01-07 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-29-07, 11:22 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Did you hear the Maui judges ruling today? He upheld thr ban to dock at Maui until the EIS can determine the impact on the environment, and cultue.... Culture? Aren't we all from Hawaii? It's not like this boat is coming from the mainland. We are all from Hawaii. How can we impact the culture when we are the culture.
Old 08-29-07, 11:31 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Did you hear the Maui judges ruling today? He upheld thr ban to dock at Maui until the EIS can determine the impact on the environment, and cultue.... Culture? Aren't we all from Hawaii? It's not like this boat is coming from the mainland. We are all from Hawaii. How can we impact the culture when we are the culture.
Hey, I am on your side.

I would like to see how many shares of Aloha Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines stock are in the portfolios of some of these people stopping the Superferry.

Aloha
Old 08-31-07, 11:34 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I'm all for the Superferry. It doesn't only allow Oahu residents to visit the outer islands, but vice versa. Granted, activists are against progress, but they don't represent all people. They drive cars, but don't want "cars" on their roads. They don't want the Superferry in their harbor, but yet welcome the cruise ships and tourist dollars. These "activists" should get real jobs.
Old 09-01-07, 10:21 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tod071
I'm all for the Superferry. It doesn't only allow Oahu residents to visit the outer islands, but vice versa. Granted, activists are against progress, but they don't represent all people. They drive cars, but don't want "cars" on their roads. They don't want the Superferry in their harbor, but yet welcome the cruise ships and tourist dollars. These "activists" should get real jobs.
I would be perfectly fine with those activists that protested the lack of EIS peacefully on the dock. I may not agree that it is needed, but that is their constitutional right. However, those that were claiming we are coming on to their home assuming we don't have family on outer Islands, or lived their ourselves, or those that took it out on the customers of the Superferry, or those that jumped in the water to stop a moving ship, all have a lack of respect for their fellow neighbors, so I have no respect for them. Possibly Superferry did the wrong thing by moving a head early, but don't take it out on your fellow Hawaii residence. There is a wrong way and a right way to do things.

Quick Reply: Hawaii Superferry