Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > Regional ClubLexus Forums > Hawaii and Guam
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Hawaii Superferry

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-07, 10:24 PM   #1
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 560
Default Hawaii Superferry

this looks dope!!!

http://www.hawaiisuperferry.com/default.html

any HI CL members planning on trying this?

I just wish there were direct trips between Maui and Kaui.

Please post feedback if you guys try this.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD


Last edited by slowdiver; 08-26-07 at 10:29 PM..
slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 10:29 PM   #2
Larry96815
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 432
Default

I was excited about trying it until I read the "test" riders comments. One guy said his car was covered with salt spray. I thought they would be inside but???? Not crazy about having either of my cars coated with salt spray.

Aloha.
Larry
__________________
Larrym96815
Larry96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 10:32 PM   #3
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 560
Default

yeah thats why I will use the rental beater

you could always just cover your car for the ride.
__________________
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 11:11 AM   #4
GSFKN3
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
GSFKN3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hawaii (Oahu)
Posts: 47
Default

I have a friend thats works on the ferry as a mechanic, and he say's theres 3 decks of parking and that they're all really tight!!!
GSFKN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 03:13 PM   #5
REV-01
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (13)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: hi
Posts: 1,747
Default

if is up and running i don't mind taking cars to the maui show next month.
REV-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 04:59 PM   #6
euro.r
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
euro.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 161
Default

Superferry sucks...great idea, not affordable.
__________________
11 Subaru STi Hatch
euro.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 10:44 AM   #7
Larry96815
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro.r View Post
Superferry sucks...great idea, not affordable.
I think we have to look at the trip as a "mini cruise" not just transportation outer island. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
__________________
Larrym96815
Larry96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 03:32 AM   #8
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)
 
CK6Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: HI
Posts: 7,707
Default

Difinately not affordable if you are just going for a weekend. That fuel surcharge is a killer. However, for an every once in a while vacation to the outer Island I'd do it. Even if it takes 3 hours, it sure is better than coming early to the airport, sitting on those hard seats, getting crammed into the tight airplane, renting a car and such. Also, if you do a car cruise, or a car show on the outer Island this is perfect.

Have you guys seen all those protestors? IMHO, I think that was in poor taste. No Aloha for their fellow neighbor Islanders. You seen that lady hit the guys car as he drove off the Ferry? That lady would have my fist in her face if she ever thouched my car. A mans car is like a mans home. Don't screw around with it.

No too mention, a lot of us that would use this Super Ferry have lived on, and/or have family that still live on the outer Islands. My mom grew up on Maui. We go every year for our Higa reuniun. I have a lot of family there. It pisses me off what some of them were saying. "Your on our home now" "Please respect our home" Seriously, do you see any of us on Oahu standing in front of the baggage claim greeting the Maui and Kaui planes saying those thigns? To those people. Screw you. Don't come to Oahu the next time you feel like it.
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 09:46 AM   #9
Larry96815
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK6Speed View Post
Difinately not affordable if you are just going for a weekend. That fuel surcharge is a killer. However, for an every once in a while vacation to the outer Island I'd do it. Even if it takes 3 hours, it sure is better than coming early to the airport, sitting on those hard seats, getting crammed into the tight airplane, renting a car and such. Also, if you do a car cruise, or a car show on the outer Island this is perfect.

Have you guys seen all those protestors? IMHO, I think that was in poor taste. No Aloha for their fellow neighbor Islanders. You seen that lady hit the guys car as he drove off the Ferry? That lady would have my fist in her face if she ever thouched my car. A mans car is like a mans home. Don't screw around with it.

No too mention, a lot of us that would use this Super Ferry have lived on, and/or have family that still live on the outer Islands. My mom grew up on Maui. We go every year for our Higa reuniun. I have a lot of family there. It pisses me off what some of them were saying. "Your on our home now" "Please respect our home" Seriously, do you see any of us on Oahu standing in front of the baggage claim greeting the Maui and Kaui planes saying those thigns? To those people. Screw you. Don't come to Oahu the next time you feel like it.
Well put. I don't get their thinking. If 100 people take their own cars or 100 people rent cars we still have the same traffic problems. If the Superferry is breaking no law than why didn't the Coast Guard and Police do their jobs?
__________________
Larrym96815
Larry96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 10:40 AM   #10
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
llamaboiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Windward, Oahu
Posts: 11,031
Send a message via AIM to llamaboiz
Default

I do think those protesters are a bunch of hippies... wheres Cartman when you need him...
__________________
MY CAR - 07 - IS350 Xpac
The meaning of the ropes click: HERE*
*Sat Nite Starbucks, 4/21 Pearl City*
*RA CruisePICS*
*HellaFlush AlohaKings 2, PICS*

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them - Ronald Reagan
llamaboiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 10:52 AM   #11
Larry96815
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaboiz View Post
I do think those protesters are a bunch of hippies... wheres Cartman when you need him...
I say get on the bullhorn and let everyone know you are coming through. If you don't move well ----- don't blame me , you were warned.

Aloha,
Larry
__________________
Larrym96815

Last edited by Larry96815; 09-01-07 at 12:07 PM..
Larry96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 11:22 PM   #12
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)
 
CK6Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: HI
Posts: 7,707
Default

Did you hear the Maui judges ruling today? He upheld thr ban to dock at Maui until the EIS can determine the impact on the environment, and cultue.... Culture? Aren't we all from Hawaii? It's not like this boat is coming from the mainland. We are all from Hawaii. How can we impact the culture when we are the culture.
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-07, 11:31 PM   #13
Larry96815
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK6Speed View Post
Did you hear the Maui judges ruling today? He upheld thr ban to dock at Maui until the EIS can determine the impact on the environment, and cultue.... Culture? Aren't we all from Hawaii? It's not like this boat is coming from the mainland. We are all from Hawaii. How can we impact the culture when we are the culture.
Hey, I am on your side.

I would like to see how many shares of Aloha Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines stock are in the portfolios of some of these people stopping the Superferry.

Aloha
__________________
Larrym96815
Larry96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-07, 11:34 PM   #14
tod071
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
tod071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,820
tod071 tod071
Send a message via AIM to tod071 Send a message via Skype™ to tod071
Default

I'm all for the Superferry. It doesn't only allow Oahu residents to visit the outer islands, but vice versa. Granted, activists are against progress, but they don't represent all people. They drive cars, but don't want "cars" on their roads. They don't want the Superferry in their harbor, but yet welcome the cruise ships and tourist dollars. These "activists" should get real jobs.
tod071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 10:21 AM   #15
CK6Speed
Super Moderator
Trader Score: (1)
 
CK6Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: HI
Posts: 7,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tod071 View Post
I'm all for the Superferry. It doesn't only allow Oahu residents to visit the outer islands, but vice versa. Granted, activists are against progress, but they don't represent all people. They drive cars, but don't want "cars" on their roads. They don't want the Superferry in their harbor, but yet welcome the cruise ships and tourist dollars. These "activists" should get real jobs.
I would be perfectly fine with those activists that protested the lack of EIS peacefully on the dock. I may not agree that it is needed, but that is their constitutional right. However, those that were claiming we are coming on to their home assuming we don't have family on outer Islands, or lived their ourselves, or those that took it out on the customers of the Superferry, or those that jumped in the water to stop a moving ship, all have a lack of respect for their fellow neighbors, so I have no respect for them. Possibly Superferry did the wrong thing by moving a head early, but don't take it out on your fellow Hawaii residence. There is a wrong way and a right way to do things.
CK6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-07, 10:21 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
hawaii, superferry

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info